Widgets Magazine

Funimation Broadcast Dubs Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was actually already kind of expecting that line would get toned down since they have taken aim at the most controversial lines before with the removal of the "civil rights" bit from the first episode. Though wouldn't have expected them to outright change it completely. Has the dub staff of Centaur's Life commented on things like this, yet? I'd be curious what they say about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      I was actually already kind of expecting that line would get toned down since they have taken aim at the most controversial lines before with the removal of the "civil rights" bit from the first episode. Though wouldn't have expected them to outright change it completely. Has the dub staff of Centaur's Life commented on things like this, yet? I'd be curious what they say about that.
      I don't know if anyone's brought it up with them yet. Although, they usually get defensive or give some lame excuse, like it didn't translate well or something.
      @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

• I don't think Bonny is on social media. Kyle seems to be a pretty nice guy, but unless he was involved in the scripting process, he likely wont know anything

Comment

• Funimation seeking dub feedback (in their forum).

https://www.funimation.com/forum/top...es-a-dub-great

JayHairston

Hi guys, I need your feedback as we strive to improve our quality of service. I have a few specific questions for you, please reply openly and honestly! Your opinions can help mold the future of Funimation Dubs and SimulDubs!

(Copy + Paste text below)

What are the three most important things to make a dub great?

What is your top 10 dubs of the past 3 years?

What are your top 10 iconic dubs of all time?

*Note: They do not have to be Funimation exclusive titles.

Focusing on positives here, if you have problems or issues with dubs, scripts, voice actors, etc. this is not the proper channel to discuss.
          Those not using the above format will have their post removed.

Thanks in advance!

-J

Comment

• It appears that the Funimation simuldub lineup is all set now that Sentai isn't announcing anything new and Amazon has announced its lineup. That leaves just Garo: Vanishing Line and Two Car as remaining shows with realistic chances of landing a simuldub. So as I do every season, I make predictions as to who directs each show. Now that Chris Bevins has moved to LA that he won't be directing any more simuldubs unless they get outsourced to Bang Zoom or another LA studio.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - Mike McFarland
            Love Live! Sunshine!! - Caitlin Glass

The Ancient Magus' Bride - Sonny Strait
            Anime-gataris - Apphia Yu
            Black Clover - Cris George
            Code: Realize - Jad Saxton
            Dies Irae - Jerry Jewell
            Juni Taisen - Jeremy Inman
            King's Game - Kyle Phillips
            Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World - Cliff Chapin
            Konohana Kitan - Alexis Tipton
            Recovery of an MMO Junkie - Aaron Dismuke
            A Sister's All You Need - Tyler Walker
            Urahara - Kristen McGuire

These are the only two shows that I can see being added to the simuldub lineup of the ones remaining, so I'll make predictions for both of these shows as well.

Garo: Vanishing Line - Tia Ballard (while Caitlin directed the other two shows, she'll probably pass on it to do Love Live! Sunshine!!, and Ballard was the assistant director for the first Garo series)
            Two Car - Felecia Angelle
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nadeshiko Kagamihara, Yuru Camp
            Bingefest 2018: Tatami Galaxy, Chaika Avenging Battle, Hiiro no Kakera S2
            Simulcasts: AMB, 3GL-2, CCS-C, OVL-2, PSI-2, DAK-2, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• It appears that all of the dub announcements have been made, so it's time I guess who the directors are going to be for this season's dubs.

Continuing
              The Ancient Magus' Bride - Kyle Phillips
              Black Clover - Cris George
              Garo: Vanishing Line - Caitlin Glass
              Star Blazers 2199 - Jerry Jewell

New Shows
              Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls - Tyler Walker (directed the first season)
              Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card - Colleen Clinkenbeard (directed Tsubasa)
              Citrus - Cliff Chapin
              Dagashi Kashi season 2 - Kyle Phillips (directed season 1)
              Darling in the FranXX - Mike McFarland or Chris Cason (could be a Bang Zoom dub)
              Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - Tia Ballard
              Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - Aaron Dismuke
              Hakyu Hoshin Engi - Vic Mignogna
              Junji Ito Collection - Jeremy Inman
              Karakai Juzo no Takagi-san - Alexis Tipton
              Overlord II - Sonny Strait (Kyle Phillips directed season 1, but he has his hands full already with two other shows)
              Pop Team Epic - Dave Trosko
              Silver Guardian season 2 - Jad Saxton
              Toji no Miko - Felecia Angelle

Potential Additions
              The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. season 2 - Apphia Yu
              Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru season 2 - Jad Saxton

With what has already been announced, 18 shows have been confirmed, while there are still two sequels that could possibly be announced as those were simuldubbed. Funimation has the facilities to handle 18 shows as they have nine studios that can each handle up to two shows, but there are some unusual circumstances as Star Blazers is a post-simulcast title, and thus dubbing will go much more quickly, while the second season of Dagashi Kashi is half-length, and Silver Guardian will consist of six full-length episodes rather than 12 half-length ones like the first season.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nadeshiko Kagamihara, Yuru Camp
              Bingefest 2018: Tatami Galaxy, Chaika Avenging Battle, Hiiro no Kakera S2
              Simulcasts: AMB, 3GL-2, CCS-C, OVL-2, PSI-2, DAK-2, More TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the Citrus cast

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  It appears that all of the dub announcements have been made, so it's time I guess who the directors are going to be for this season's dubs.
                  Potential Additions
                  Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru season 2 - Jad Saxton
                  ANN and Funi confirmed this in their listings:

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine