Melissa Davis as Shiina
    Rob Mungle as Matsushima
    Serena Varghese as Yusa

Illich Guardiola as Char

ADR Director: Steven Foster
    Translation: Jackie McClure
    For Immediate Release

Angel Beats English Dub comes to Anime Network OnDemand in June

HOUSTON, TX — May 20, 2011 - This summer, Angel Beats is making its way to your living rooms with an all new English Dub! Join the SSS for the fight of their afterlives against a cruel oppressor in a place where death is meaningless, and destiny rules over all. Experience the battles through Purgatory with the new dub featuring Blake Shepard, Brittney Karbowski, and Hilary Haag - coming this June to Anime Network Video on Demand!

WHAT: Angel Beats English Dub on Anime Network OnDemand (VOD)
    It sucks being dead. Sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you’re caught between the living and the dead—where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to…somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you’re this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell! High-caliber action and locked-and-loaded comedy meet on a rock and roll battleground in Angel Beats!

WHEN: Thursday, June 2nd, 2011*
    *Start dates vary by provider. Check the schedule for details.

WHERE: Anime Network's Cable/Satellite Video OnDemand Service
    For a full list of OnDemand providers, click here...

Re: Angel Beats! Dub

via Twitter
    Angel Beats! English dub now available on iTunes! Ep. 1 is free to check out. Season Pass in SD - 19.99, HD - 29.99 http://bit.ly/j6zaNG

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      *Sigh* Well it looks like the bias I've built up from watching the subs first has once again turned me away from the dub. It's just a fact with me that whichever version I watch first, be it sub or dub, is the one I become used to. So if I suddenly switch to the other version, obviously I just have trouble liking it, and this case is no different sadly. I've downloaded the episode and I just can't get into it.

Comment

On second thought, I may have spoken a little too soon about this one. I just watched through the episode again, and I'm actually finding myself starting to get used to most of the lead VAs. I think what I was most off-put by when I first saw this was how americanized the script was. Not that I mean it's radically different translation-wise or anything, I just mean that the characters talk more like American High School teens rather than Japanese High School teens...if that makes any sense. In addition, I definitely noticed a few points where they could have done a better job matching the dialogue to the lip flaps, as some of it did not synch well at times.

So yeah, it's definitely not a bad dub...however I think that when I get my Blu-rays I'll just be watching them subbed.

Comment

via Twitter
          Angel Beats! English dub now available on iTunes! Ep. 1 is free to check out. Season Pass in SD - 19.99, HD - 29.99 http://bit.ly/j6zaNG
          Thanks for the heads up. I've downloaded the episode and will find the time to watch it later.
          Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
            ...In addition, I definitely noticed a few points where they could have done a better job matching the dialogue to the lip flaps, as some of it did not synch well at times.

So yeah, it's definitely not a bad dub...however I think that when I get my Blu-rays I'll just be watching them subbed.
            I noticed the lip flaps too while watching it at Anime Boston, to the point I wondered if the audio and video were slightly out of synch. It can be a good thing, though, since I imagine going excessively far to match lip-flaps could hurt acting performances.

I'll be listening to the English dub on my first watch of Angel Beats!. I'm doing an experiment to see how much my preferences are affected by which dub I hear first, and get used to.
            The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
              *Sigh* Well it looks like the bias I've built up from watching the subs first has once again turned me away from the dub. It's just a fact with me that whichever version I watch first, be it sub or dub, is the one I become used to. So if I suddenly switch to the other version, obviously I just have trouble liking it, and this case is no different sadly. I've downloaded the episode and I just can't get into it.
              I can't watch Air Gear dubbed...cause I saw the first 3 episodes at a Convention w/ subs before it was licensed. Seeing the OAD's is great for me cause the va's are back. I'll be watching Angel Beats! dubbed, because it's the same thing. Going from English to Japanese is easier than Japanese to English i find...
              Watching: Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ozuma, Sekirei

Thank you Sentai for Fate/Stay Night : UBW
              Proud to Pre-Order Fate/Zero Box 2 on BD!!!!

Comment

Okay, I found the time to watch the first episode. Brittney Karbowski is in fine form as Yuripe, delivering lines that sound positively sociopathic with an earnest sincerity and normalcy that defies normalcy. Shepard's Otonashi is pretty good in the first episode, getting across his bewilderment and incredulity at the situation he finds himself in. The supporting cast is quite good so far as well, but we really only get snippets of them so far.

There is a nice verve to this first episode, and I look forward to hearing the rest.
                Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Comment

Darn it, the episode 4 clip is "private" unlike the others. So much for the potential to hear a decent amount of Yui. It's obviously a conspiracy against sexy girls with pink hair named Yui.
                    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                      Darn it, the episode 4 clip is "private" unlike the others. So much for the potential to hear a decent amount of Yui. It's obviously a conspiracy against sexy girls with pink hair named Yui.
                      It was working earlier this afternoon. I'm not sure why it went to private now.

Comment

Well, I'll just add it to the list of things I missed because I was too late in terms of checking the link...
                        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 4's clip shouldn't be active until June 25. When it was uploaded, it was active briefly, then went private.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

I'm up to episode 3 as so far the dub is really good despite the occasional mistiming of lip flaps. I think Brittney Karbowski is doing fine as Yuripe and the cast as a whole is doing really well so far. Couple of standouts in episode 3 for me were Luci Christian (seeing as the episode featured her character) and Hillary Haag does as awesome job as always with her part.
                            My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                            PSN: RYPLYLER
                            3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

I watched the dub first, but I wasn't that impressed. I'm definitely going to check out the sub track when it is released.
                              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X