X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Karneval

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Also, Tatum has officially reached the status of Vic, as FUNimation now advertises anime based on him being in them. You must be so proud, Bevins. And I guess for all we know they'll do that for any new major role Vic has, since this is the first one at FUNimation since Level E.
    I think it also has to do with the core target audience for this show. I haven't watched it myself but it looks like it's a show a lot of women and some men would like (lots of pretty boys and possibly some yaoi undertones?)

Mignogna and Tatum have a huge convention presence so it's not really a surprise they've amassed a large following of fans who'll follow their work and Funimation will take advantage of that.

I wonder if Funimation is trying a new phase where they actually promote voice talent to help sell a show or if it's a case by case thing (only do it for shows that might struggle saleswise without the support of fanboy & fangirl loyalty for more popular VAs). Guess we'll know when Date A Live's cast is announced though I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation continues to give harem/fanservice shows third-rate promotion *cheesy music* *inserts random ecchi scenes* *cringeworthy slogan* And yes I will claim I could edit a better trailer and make a show more universally appealing to people who otherwise would brush it off.

Just because I like and support the genre (my username too obvious? :D) it doesn't mean I'll buy every title, I do have some standards. Character designs might suck but I still might consider it if the shorts/specials are dubbed (something Funimation has been really terrible at lately) or if a voice actress I like is part of the dub. Sometimes I'll actually NOT buy a fanservice show if the dub is underwhelming (training camp for newbies or has no sexy female voices). I don't believe in rewarding a studio for poor casting decisions

I've noticed for a while now some ads on ANN that if you text to a certain Fairy Tail number you get some cast info updates among other stuff. Anybody bother to try this? Is Funimation actually giving out exclusive cast info for future characters or just a way to make a few easy bucks by copying/pasting previous cast lists on the blog to fans who don't know any better?
    Last edited by Mr_Ecchi_Man; 04-01-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Its cool to see Sean Michael Teague finally as the lead in a dub and its always nice to see Vic Mignogna in a Funimation dub as well. Unfortunately I have no interest in Karneval. Bevins has been the only ADR Director in the last year to even cast Sean in any dub now if only he could start casting Ed Blaylock in future dubs then I would be quite content.
      Last edited by thegateoftruth; 04-01-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Actually, Sean Michael Teague was the lead in Jyu-Oh-Sei in 2008, which was also a Bevins project. I see some others from that cast in this, so Bevins must just have a group of people he really likes to work with. BTW, as I mentioned earlier I watched this show when it simulcast, which is why I was saying I was surprised with Greg's casting. His voice isn't close to the original Japanese VA's but I don't believe dubs have to be perfect matches so that's not a problem - just a surprise. Also, Bevins worked on Big Windup, though that show had several ADR directors. Something Jyu-Oh-Sei, Big Windup and Karneval share is a BL overtone/bishie tone (I actually never felt the tone so much in Big Windup but I never saw the entire series, either). Bevins must be Funi's go to with BL shows .

Comment

Originally posted by MeggieMay View Post
          Actually, Sean Michael Teague was the lead in Jyu-Oh-Sei in 2008, which was also a Bevins project. I see some others from that cast in this, so Bevins must just have a group of people he really likes to work with. BTW, as I mentioned earlier I watched this show when it simulcast, which is why I was saying I was surprised with Greg's casting. His voice isn't close to the original Japanese VA's but I don't believe dubs have to be perfect matches so that's not a problem - just a surprise. Also, Bevins worked on Big Windup, though that show had several ADR directors. Something Jyu-Oh-Sei, Big Windup and Karneval share is a BL overtone/bishie tone (I actually never felt the tone so much in Big Windup but I never saw the entire series, either). Bevins must be Funi's go to with BL shows .
          Teague goes even further back as he was one of the leads in Samurai 7 back in 2005, which is also directed by Chris Bevins. So Teague has been at it for quite some time now.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
          Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: TBD
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Date A Live

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...-announcement/

CHARACTER – ACTOR
            TOHKA - Michelle Rojas
            SHIDO - Josh Grelle
            TONOMACHI - Nick Haley
            KURUMI - Alexis Tipton
            REINE - Barrett Nash
            KOTORI - Bryn Apprill
            YOSHINO - Tia Ballard
            TAMAE - Anastasia Munoz
            MANA - Felecia Angelle
            ORIGAMI - Michelle Lee
            KANNAZUKI - J. Michael Tatum
            RYOKO - Caitlin Glass
            NARRATOR - Alex Moore

CREW

ADR Director – Joel McDonald
            ADR Engineer – Cris George

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              Originally posted by MeggieMay View Post
              Teague goes even further back as he was one of the leads in Samurai 7 back in 2005, which is also directed by Chris Bevins. So Teague has been at it for quite some time now.
              Of course who could forget Koenma in Yu Yu Hakusho? Bevins might have worked on that toward the end.
              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

• Re: Date A Live

Originally posted by Mr_Ecchi_Man View Post

CHARACTER – ACTOR
                TOHKA - Michelle Rojas
                SHIDO - Josh Grelle
                TONOMACHI - Nick Haley
                KURUMI - Alexis Tipton
                REINE - Barrett Nash
                KOTORI - Bryn Apprill
                YOSHINO - Tia Ballard
                TAMAE - Anastasia Munoz
                MANA - Felecia Angelle
                ORIGAMI - Michelle Lee
                RYOKO - Caitlin Glass
                NARRATOR - Alex Moore

CREW

Grelle lands another harem lead role here, and it totally fits him. And this is the first lead role for Michelle Rojas.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
                Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

CHARACTER – ACTOR
                  TOHKA - Michelle Rojas
                  SHIDO - Josh Grelle
                  TONOMACHI - Nick Haley
                  KURUMI - Alexis Tipton
                  REINE - Barrett Nash
                  KOTORI - Bryn Apprill
                  YOSHINO - Tia Ballard
                  TAMAE - Anastasia Munoz
                  MANA - Felecia Angelle
                  ORIGAMI - Michelle Lee
                  RYOKO - Caitlin Glass
                  NARRATOR - Alex Moore

CREW

It is good see some new voices getting a chance to shine. Josh Grelle has pretty much been grabbing most of the lead male in harem shows here lately so not surprised to see him cast as Shido. The little bit of voices that was in the trailer sound pretty good can't wait to hear more.
                  Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

CHARACTER – ACTOR
                    TOHKA - Michelle Rojas
                    SHIDO - Josh Grelle
                    TONOMACHI - Nick Haley
                    KURUMI - Alexis Tipton
                    REINE - Barrett Nash
                    KOTORI - Bryn Apprill
                    YOSHINO - Tia Ballard
                    TAMAE - Anastasia Munoz
                    MANA - Felecia Angelle
                    ORIGAMI - Michelle Lee
                    RYOKO - Caitlin Glass
                    NARRATOR - Alex Moore

CREW

Just going off the trailer, Josh sounds fine as Shido, and I think Alexis definitely has potential as Kurumi.

Kotori and Origami sound okay.

Not really feeling Michelle Rojas' Tohka, though she did get the least lines compared to all the other Spirits/characters.

I'm surprised they just skipped Yoshino.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

CHARACTER – ACTOR
                      TOHKA - Michelle Rojas
                      SHIDO - Josh Grelle
                      TONOMACHI - Nick Haley
                      KURUMI - Alexis Tipton
                      REINE - Barrett Nash
                      KOTORI - Bryn Apprill
                      YOSHINO - Tia Ballard
                      TAMAE - Anastasia Munoz
                      MANA - Felecia Angelle
                      ORIGAMI - Michelle Lee
                      RYOKO - Caitlin Glass
                      NARRATOR - Alex Moore

CREW

Grelle lands another harem lead role here, and it totally fits him. And this is the first lead role for Michelle Rojas.
                      In addition, Bryn Apprill has been getting a bit more and more major character roles lately (with RDG, Attack on Titans, and such)
                      Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

• Re: 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

Blood Lad is currently in production, as confirmed by Neon Alley:
                        https://twitter.com/neonalley/status...83957458079744

No exact date for Blood Lad yet (actually being dubbed now) but it will be up - all 10 eps - for at least 1 month.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post

No exact date for Blood Lad yet (actually being dubbed now) but it will be up - all 10 eps - for at least 1 month.
                          I thought Gargantia was supposed to be next in line?
                          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                            Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post

I thought Gargantia was supposed to be next in line?
                            I asked the Viz Media rep about that on Twitter actually: https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/451797114419294208

That response is kinda vague so it's hard to tell if that means it's in recording or not. I assumed it would be by now but it's possible we may not see it for a while
                            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

If Lucien Dodge and Ben Diskin's Tweets are what we think they are, Blood Lad IS being dubbed now, most likely by Studiopolis (using the same group as K). I do hope Viz does another Ocean dub soon. All that studio's been doing are reprisals from previous projects (Inuyasha, Black Lagoon). When was the last NEW Ocean dub (NANA? If so, that's a scary thought).
                              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                                If Lucien Dodge and Ben Diskin's Tweets are what we think they are, Blood Lad IS being dubbed now, most likely by Studiopolis (using the same group as K). I do hope Viz does another Ocean dub soon. All that studio's been doing are reprisals from previous projects (Inuyasha, Black Lagoon). When was the last NEW Ocean dub (NANA? If so, that's a scary thought).
                                With the exchange rate being what it is, we're probably never getting a new Ocean dub for anything
                                "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X