This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Certain Magical Index

I knew that there was nobody who would be better suited for Index than Monica. Cute and bratty, just like a certain other character she voices. It is a rather curious decision to cast Brittney as both Mikoto and Last Order considering that they were played by different seiyuus in the Japanese version. And I wonder who does the voice of MISAKA, the clone. I'm not too sure that Allison Viktorin is the best bet for Kuroko. I was thinking that it would go to Kristi Kang.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: From Up on Poppy Hill

via Studio Ghibli Int'l Twitter
      Poppy Hill English Dub: Chris Noth in the recording studio today. #PoppyHill
      LINK
      Poppy Hill English Dub: Sarah Bolger (The Spiderwick Chronicles) recording right now! #PoppyHill

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        It is a rather curious decision to cast Brittney as both Mikoto and Last Order considering that they were played by different seiyuus in the Japanese version. And I wonder who does the voice of MISAKA, the clone.
        Following Japanese casting trends to a T is not always the most interesting route. I'd be curious to hear her voice all of them, the Misaka imouto included. Think she has the range to do it.

I'm happy to see some of the more unfamiliar and less-heard names in the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          LINK
          Poppy Hill English Dub: Sarah Bolger (The Spiderwick Chronicles) recording right now! #PoppyHill
          Is it possible to post new titles in different threads from the root post? Jumbling up all the different titles is starting to make the thread looked confused.

C.T.
          You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Comment

Originally posted by cxt217 View Post
            LINK
            Is it possible to post new titles in different threads from the root post? Jumbling up all the different titles is starting to make the thread looked confused.

C.T.
            Yes, let's try to do that. That request/rule is listed in the root post as it is.
            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
            Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
            Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonHoltorp View Post
              via EVS Announcement

ACCELERATOR: Austin Tindle
              AUREOLUS: Jason Liebrecht
              HIMEGAMI: Lindsay Seidel
              HITOTSUI: Mike McFarland
              INDEX: Monica Rial
              KAMIJO: Micah Solusod
              KANZAKI: Morgan Garrett
              KAZAKIRI: Alexis Tipton
              KOMOE: Jād Saxton
              KUROKO: Alison Viktorin
              LAST ORDER: Brittney Karbowski
              MIKOTO: Brittney Karbowski
              PIERCE: Scott Freeman
              SHERRY: Stephanie Young
              STIYL: Robert McCollum
              TOYA: Christopher R. Sabat
              TSUCHIMIKADO: Newton Pittman
              YOMIKAWA: Martha Harms
              YOSHIKAWA: Caitlin Glass
              Misha Croitsef, Unabara Mitsuki, Etzali, Heaven Canceler, Aleister, Kamijo Shiina, Laura Stewart, Amai Ao, Sphynx and Tsuchimikado Maika are still a mystery, it seems. I think they are possibly trolling by putting Hitotsui Hajime in there.
              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

via EVS Announcement
                Formal announcement: LINK and A Certain Magical Index - Part 1 & Part 2 - Trailer - Available on DVD 10.30.12.

Comment

From Up on Poppy Hill

via Ronan Farrow Twitter
                  Did some voice work for the English language version of Miyazaki's "Poppy Hill." Love those @ghibli_intl guys. pic.twitter.com/o0POJDaU

Comment

via EVS Announcement
                    Formal announcement: LINK and A Certain Magical Index - Part 1 & Part 2 - Trailer - Available on DVD 10.30.12.
                    Oh man. Why does FUNi use all that original music in their trailers? Index loses some of its oomph without its unique techno/dubstep BGM. I like Kanzaki's voice. It wasn't in the trailer, but I know they made the right choice for Sherry Cromwell.
                    Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                      Oh man. Why does FUNi use all that original music in their trailers? Index loses some of its oomph without its unique techno/dubstep BGM.
                      Because there are people at Funi who are paid specifically to make music for their trailers. They have said before though that if you have a comment about the music used in one of their trailers (good or bad) that you should post about it in the Youtube comments for the respective trailer. They have said that the music people do actually read through comments for feedback, so maybe it's worth a shot.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                        Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                        Oh man. Why does FUNi use all that original music in their trailers? Index loses some of its oomph without its unique techno/dubstep BGM.
                        Because there are people at Funi who are paid specifically to make music for their trailers. They have said before though that if you have a comment about the music used in one of their trailers (good or bad) that you should post about it in the Youtube comments for the respective trailer. They have said that the music people do actually read through comments for feedback, so maybe it's worth a shot.
                        I can only assume it's cheaper to use them than to license an actual PV or music track from the series.

Comment

Inu Yasha: The Final Act Cast

Via ANN...
                          • Richard Ian Cox as Inuyasha
                          • Kira Tozer as Kagome
                          • Willow Johnson as Kikyo
                          • Michael Daingerfield as Sesshomaru
                          • Paul Dobson as Naraku

Looks like Kagome and Sesshomaru will have new VAs. I wonder why the original actors weren't able to come back at this point. I also wonder if any of the other roles not listed have been changed as well.
                          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Re: Inu Yasha: The Final Act Cast

Via ANN...
                            • Kira Tozer as Kagome
                            • Paul Dobson as Naraku

Looks like Kagome and Sesshomaru will have new VAs. I wonder why the original actors weren't able to come back at this point. I also wonder if any of the other roles not listed have been changed as well.
                            Pretty much, we knew that Kagome and Sesshomaru were going to be replaced. From what I have been hearing, David Kaye and Moneca Stori retired from voice acting and are working on other things. It has been a long time since the dub for the original series finished, so replacements were pretty much expected somewhere in this series.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                            Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Via ANN...
                              • Kira Tozer as Kagome
                              • Paul Dobson as Naraku

Pretty much, we knew that Kagome and Sesshomaru were going to be replaced. From what I have been hearing, David Kaye and Moneca Stori retired from voice acting and are working on other things. It has been a long time since the dub for the original series finished, so replacements were pretty much expected somewhere in this series.
                              I was a little surprised that Willow Johnson was voicing Kikyo again. I thought she had moved from Vancouver?

C.T.
                              You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Comment

Via ANN...
                                • Kira Tozer as Kagome
                                • Paul Dobson as Naraku

No surprises here. Everyone is reprising except the ones who were already confirmed to be replaced, and we already knew who they were being replaced by.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...