This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Akame ga Kill!

So moving forward, here is when each of the important characters make their first appearance in this show:

Najenda: ep. 2
    Emperor and Prime Minister: ep. 3
    Esdeath and Seryu: ep. 5
    Rest of the Jaegers: ep. 9
    Chelsea and Susanoo: ep. 12
    Syura: ep. 12
    Budo: ep. 20
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
    Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Re: Akame ga Kill

Already got word that Shannon Emerick is voicing the Emperor via Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
        I don't see it. Announced too soon?

Comment

• Re: 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

I see it. She did confirm it.

I'm very excited to share I had a small role (the Emperor) in this Sentai Filmworks production which is now airing on Cartoon Network (late at night!) as part of Toonami (I've done a lot of ‪#‎anime‬ over the years, but it's pretty nifty to be part of one running on Toonami). I'm honored to be part this great cast and production team, and especially proud of my dear friend David Wald, for his extraordinary, groundbreaking work on this series, along with my awesome friends who were key to this series becoming a success: director Kyle Jones, engineer Ricardo Contreras, and writer Katelyn Barr. So proud of you all, and so grateful to call you not only my colleagues but my friends. ‪#‎AGKToonami‬ ‪#‎grateful‬ ‪#‎ilovebeinganactor‬
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

I saw that casting choice coming from a mile away considering Shannon is often cast in boy roles by current ADR directors. It would of been more interesting to see Emily Neves play the Emperor she's rarely ever voiced any male characters since her underrated turn as Inga in the Steven Foster directed Un-Go dub. That type of casting would of been more satisfying and unexpected to see but that ship has sailed nevertheless Shannon will bring her usual boyish spark to the role.
            Last edited by thegateoftruth; 08-10-2015, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
              Huh... the link just leads me to "Sorry, this content isn't available right now". Oh well, neat to hear she's in this.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                Huh... the link just leads me to "Sorry, this content isn't available right now". Oh well, neat to hear she's in this.
                FWIW and future reference (for those who are not social media savy) 99% of the time you'll have to log into your account (if you have one) to see the actual message since it's on the person's wall/timeline. Privacy settings that aren't set public for all will cause the "Sorry, this content isn't available right now".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Ecchi_Man View Post
                  FWIW and future reference (for those who are not social media savy) 99% of the time you'll have to log into your account (if you have one) to see the actual message since it's on the person's wall/timeline. Privacy settings that aren't set public for all will cause the "Sorry, this content isn't available right now".
                  I'm definitely logged in, so it's not that.

Comment

Originally posted by thegateoftruth View Post
                    I saw that casting choice coming from a mile away considering Shannon is typecast in boy roles quite often by directors. It would of been more interesting to see Emily Neves play the Emperor she's rarely ever voiced any male characters since her underrated turn as Inga in the Steven Foster directed Un-Go dub. That type of casting would of been more satisfying and unexpected to see but that ship has sailed nevertheless Shannon will bring her usual boyish spark to the role.
                    Yeah, pretty much she is the go-to person for these kinds of roles in Houston. Anyway, this cast shows that things have changed quite a lot over in Houston seeing that the cast list is full of unfamiliar names, while Corey Hartzog has been getting a lot of lead roles.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
                    Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: TBD
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Re: Ladies versus Butlers!

More cast members:

Shingo Todoroki: Y. Chang
                      Saori Shikikagami: Yara Naika
                      Tochihiro Kazamatsuri: Brendan Hunter
                      Mimina Ozawa: Daisy Guevara
                      Kaede Tenjouji: Melanie Ehrlich
                      Mitsuru Sanake: Jessi Nowack
                      Hedyeh: Genevieve Simmons

Interesting cast so far.
                      Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post
                        More cast members:

Interesting cast so far.
                        Wait, is that THE Genevieve Simmons from Houston. It looks like Media Blasters/MB VoiceWorks is putting a lot of effort into the dub cast. They not only got someone from Canada to be part of the dub, but also someone from Houston. I know cross-region voice acting tends to be expensive from a voice actor's perspective since they have to pay for most of the travel costs (particularly for anime), but I'm a bit surprised of the dub cast.
                        Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Man, I've always sort of wanted to see Y Chang in some official voice roles, so this is some good news.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
                            More cast members:

Interesting cast so far.
                            Wait, is that THE Genevieve Simmons from Houston. It looks like Media Blasters/MB VoiceWorks is putting a lot of effort into the dub cast. They not only got someone from Canada to be part of the dub, but also someone from Houston. I know cross-region voice acting tends to be expensive from a voice actor's perspective since they have to pay for most of the travel costs (particularly for anime), but I'm a bit surprised of the dub cast.
                            you know there's skype, which makes thing a lot easier for both the voice actor and the voice director (remember Ikki Tousen seasons 3-4, which was recorded in two different locations (LA and NYC), making it a coordinated dub). It's pretty common in cartoons (AFAIK, Trevor Devall records his lines out of LA when he's doing Vancouver productions).
                            Last edited by Razzamatazz Buckshank; 08-10-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
                              More cast members:

Interesting cast so far.
                              you know there's skype, which makes thing a lot easier for both the voice actor and the voice director (remember Ikki Tousen seasons 3-4, which was recorded in two different locations (LA and NYC), making it a coordinated dub). It's pretty common in cartoons (AFAIK, Trevor Devall records his lines out of LA when he's doing Vancouver productions).
                              Actually, I've heard that Genevieve Simmons is living in New York, but she might have traveled down to Houston to reprise her role for Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Heart Throb (Not 100% sure if that was the only project). She is not the only one since Carrie Savage currently lives in New York because she goes to school there.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnredkid View Post
                                Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
                                More cast members:

Interesting cast so far.
                                Actually, I've heard that Genevieve Simmons is living in New York, but she might have traveled down to Houston to reprise her role for Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Heart Throb (Not 100% sure if that was the only project). She is not the only one since Carrie Savage currently lives in New York because she goes to school there.
                                so this leaves out Brendan Hunter, which means either he just moved to New York from Calgary, he recorded his lines from Calgary, or MB Voiceworks hired him to appear in this dub.
                                Last edited by Razzamatazz Buckshank; 08-10-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X