Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post
    Via Sailor Moon Panel at Katsucon 15

An: Johanna Luis
    Ail: Brian Beacock
    Chibiusa/Black Widow: Sandy Fox
    Sailor Pluto: Veronica Taylor

Totally called it that Sandy Fox would play Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Pluto. I'm just gonna assume she's moved to LA now. But very outstanding cast.
    Update: It's confirmed by her twitter profile that she now lives in LA.
    Cassandra Morris, Carrie Keranen, Lucien Dodge, Marc Diraison, and now Veronica Taylor have all moved out over the past few years. It's no wonder VA's from New York are moving to LA given that there just aren't any projects there these days, not to mention NYAV operates from both locations.

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    Yep and let's not forget Crispin Freeman, Liam O'Brien, Sam Riegel, Megan Hollingshead, Tara Sands, Rachael Lillis and Chris Niosi too. But I don't blame them for moving, you gotta live where the work is. So pretty much
    Well, those guys moved well before voice acting projects stopped coming to New York. I was thinking about those who moved because of the lack of recent projects. And one other person who moved, but not to LA, is Jessica Calvello who is now back in Houston.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
    Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Re: 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

Yep and let's not forget Crispin Freeman, Liam O'Brien, Sam Riegel, Megan Hollingshead, Tara Sands, Rachael Lillis and Chris Niosi too. But I don't blame them for moving, you gotta live where the work is. So pretty much
      Well, those guys moved well before voice acting projects stopped coming to New York. I was thinking about those who moved because of the lack of recent projects. And one other person who moved, but not to LA, is Jessica Calvello who is now back in Houston.[/QUOTE]

This is mostly because aside from Pokemon, Media Blasters (one of the big companies who normally uses New york for some of their dubbing) are facing a lot of financial issues and the fact that Los Angeles offers more voice acting opportunities than New York City. But keep in note that Jessica Calvello used to work at Houston prior to moving to New York (I think it was around the time after recording her lines with Excel in the first half of Excel Saga after damaging her vocal cords due to Excel's energetic personality and her fast speech patterns).
      Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Sean Schemmel moved to New York from Dallas in 2003-ish, when there were still more opportunities there. Now, it's the opposite. From a pure anime standpoint, Texas is the place to be right now, although LA has the most opportunities overall with other forms of media like video games and western animation. NY still has a commercial/audiobook scene I believe (both of which you can do from your home studio now), but anime has died aside from Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and projects from MB Voiceworks, and NYAV Post, who of course is bicoastal now, and has been for a long time (Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy was an early bicoastal dub from them). Video games died in NY when Sonic the Hedgehog moved to LA, and they haven't had western animation since 4Kids went under IIRC.
        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

With the New York voice acting pool, there is not much anime dubbing work nowadays. One reason could be that most companies such as Aniplex USA and Viz record in LA with studios like Bang Zoom and Studiopolis. Funimation and Sentai seem to have their own in-house studios. Now there is still dubbing in New York, but not with anime aside from Pokemon, Yugioh, and dubs recorded at MB Voiceworks, and NYAV Post. Instead, there is dubs of shows from other countries such as France or Italy. But still, it makes me wish that there could be more anime dubs recorded in New York.

Another reason why there is not that much anime dubbing nowdays is because many voice actors are moving to other states. Ever since companies like CPM and 4Kids went out, many voice actors had moved to LA. Because of this, it makes the New York voice acting pool very limited. In fact in the dub for Yugioh Zexal, Billy Bob Thompson had voiced Vector and Mizar who are both one of The Seven Barian Emperors. It shows that the New York voice acting pool is really small nowadays.

Like I said before, I wish there could be more dubs recorded in New York. Despite how small it might be, there are some pretty good voice actors there. Wherever Ponycan USA is going to hire to dub Yuki Yuna is a Hero, I just hope the studio is in New York.
          Last edited by Icysoda; 02-15-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Icysoda View Post
            With the New York voice acting pool, there is not much anime dubbing work nowadays. One reason could be that most companies such as Aniplex USA and Viz record in LA with studios like Bang Zoom and Studiopolis. Funimation and Sentai seem to have their own in-house studios. Now there is still dubbing in New York, but not with anime aside from Pokemon, Yugioh, and dubs recorded at MB Voiceworks, and NYAV Post. Instead, there is dubs of shows from other countries such as France or Italy. But still, it makes me wish that there could be more anime dubs recorded in New York.

Another reason why there is not that much anime dubbing nowdays is because many voice actors are moving to other states. Ever since companies like CPM and 4Kids went out, many voice actors had moved to LA. Because of this, it makes the New York voice acting pool very limited. In fact in the dub for Yugioh Zexal, Billy Bob Thompson had voiced Vector and Mizar who are both one of The Seven Barian Emperors. It shows that the New York voice acting pool is really small nowadays.

Like I said before, I wish there could be more dubs recorded in New York. Despite how small it might be, there are some pretty good voice actors there. Wherever Ponycan USA is going to hire to dub Yuki Yuna is a Hero, I just hope the studio is in New York.
            I concur. Which is why I'm pleasantly surprised to see MB Voiceworks step up to the plate.

Comment

• Re: Holy Knight OVA

Looks like Michele Knotz will voice Akira Sakamoto and Lilith's mother in the dub for Holy Knight.
              https://mobile.twitter.com/MBVoiceWo...59913681502208

Comment

• Assassination Classroom

CHARACTER – ACTOR
                Koro Sensei – Sonny Strait
                Nagisa Shiota – Lindsay Seidel
                Tadaomi Karasuma – Chris Ryan
                Karma Akabane – Austin Tindle
                Isogai – Jerry Jewell
                Fuwa – Kristi Kang
                Hayami – Jamie Marchi
                Hinano – Kristen McGuire
                Kaede – Monica Rial
                Maehara – Chris Burnett
                Mimura – Joel McDonald
                Muramatsu – Eric Cherry
                Nakamura – Apphia Yu
                Okajima – Nick Haley
                Okano – Didi Archilla
                Sugaya – Kyle Phillips
                Kanzaki – Leah Clark
                Kimura – Jean Luc Hester
                Kirara – Terri Doty
                Meg – Morgan Garrett
                Sugino – Clifford Chapin
                Terasaka – Marcus Stimac
                Toka – Michelle Rojas
                Yoshida – Orion Pitts

CREW
                ADR Director: Joel McDonald
                Assistant ADR Director: Apphia Yu
                ADR Engineer: Peter Hawkinson
                Translators: Nora Stevens Heath, Clyde Mandelin
                Script Writer: J. Michael Tatum
                My Anime List
                YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: Assassination Classroom

And here is a dub clip. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xyrFw8Uo9Y

Comment

• Re: Assassination Classroom

I don't know much about the show, but I think Sonny Strait could do pretty well in this role. Lindsay Seidel did sound a bit off for me, but there's still plenty of time for improvement.

Comment

• Re: 1 &amp; Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

https://twitter.com/CaitlynnFrenchV/...88742777044992

Caitlynn French
                      ‏Day one of recording with @Sentaifilmworks done! Day two bring it!! we'll photo op more then.

My AP Profile

Comment

• Re: Sword Art Online II

Announced today at the Katsucon Aniplex panel, Michelle Ruff is the voice of Sinon
                        Exactly my choice. Excellent.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Re: Sailor Moon R dub

Via Sailor Moon Panel at Katsucon 15

An: Johanna Luis
                          Ail: Brian Beacock
                          Chibiusa/Black Widow: Sandy Fox
                          Sailor Pluto: Veronica Taylor

Totally called it that Sandy Fox would play Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Pluto. I'm just gonna assume she's moved to LA now. But very outstanding cast.
                          Update: It's confirmed by her twitter profile that she now lives in LA.
                          Nice. We were pretty much only going to hear her in NYAV Post dubs if she stayed in New York, so being able to continue being in those from the LA side as well as being available for Studiopolis and Bang Zoom! dubs is definitely an improvement.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Death Parade

Announced today, here's the cast list for Death Parade. These are only for the characters that appear in the first two episodes.

DECIM – Alex Organ
                            WOMAN – Jamie Marchi
                            NONA – Jad Saxton
                            QUIN – Anastasia Munoz
                            CLAVIS – Z. Charles Bolton
                            TAKASHI – Eric Vale
                            MACHIKO – Trina Nishimura

CREW

ADR Director – Zach Bolton
                            Assistant ADR Director: Cris George
                            ADR Engineer – Cris George
                            Translator: Steve Simmons
                            Script Writer: Bonny Clinkenbeard
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
                            Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: TBD
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Certainly surprised at Alex Organ being Decim but I'm cool with that. I really liked his performance as Makishima in Psycho Pass so looking forward to seeing what he sounds like here
                              "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

In theory I'm hyped for Alex Organ, but After hearing the clip, I'm not so sure.
                                My Anime List
                                YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                                Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X