This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funimation Broadcast Dubs

Did anyone ever confirm who Johanna Luis is an alias for? I've heard a few different ideas. Nice to see Sandy Fox either way.

In any case, Funimation seems to be busting out their simuldubs at full speed and even have their own "two hour primetime block". It'll have, Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Other simuldubs will include the Rolling Girls, World Break, Kamisama Kiss, Absolute Duo, Yuri Kuma Arashi, Yona of the Dawn, and Maria the Virgin Witch. More specific details here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-shows/.84440

Comment

• Re: 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

My opinions:

Sandy Fox as Chibi-usa - I could totally see her working, but it's clear they're going for a more exaggerated sound. I think a real little girl would've been the most natural fit.

Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto - Perfect casting! Now we get to hear how her Nico Robin could've sounded if they didn't make her use that awful southern accent (unless they make her use one here too! XD)

"Johanna Luis" as An - She could work. She's a great voice actress, and she's voiced similar characters in the past. Yes, I know who she really is, but... we're not really supposed to diverge aliases here unless they themselves confirm the roles.

Brian Beacock as Ali - Not really familiar with his work, but I guess he could be fine.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

• Re: Funimation Broadcast Dubs

Originally posted by BlueHeracross View Post
        Did anyone ever confirm who Johanna Luis is an alias for? I've heard a few different ideas.
        Discussing aliases is frowned on here, if the VA using the alias has not acknowledged it. Only thing I will say here is not to trust random guesses put in user-submitted sites without good proof. The connection I see on Wikipedia now is almost certainly wrong, as is a different one I've seen posited on her ANN page before.

Comment

Did anyone ever confirm who Johanna Luis is an alias for? I've heard a few different ideas. Nice to see Sandy Fox either way.
          It's best not to ask about someone's alias online, we actually have an unwritten policy of not asking voice actors aliases (a courtesy to union-member voice actors like Steve Blum). If a voice actor is using an alias, there is a good reason for it, and it's not just union issues. There have been a lot of hentai anime that have been dubbed in New York in the past, and many voice actors used aliases for a good reason (since many of them worked in a lot of stuff geared towards children).

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
          My opinions:

Sandy Fox as Chibi-usa - I could totally see her working, but it's clear they're going for a more exaggerated sound. I think a real little girl would've been the most natural fit.

Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto - Perfect casting! Now we get to hear how her Nico Robin could've sounded if they didn't make her use that awful southern accent (unless they make her use one here too! XD)

"Johanna Luis" as An - She could work. She's a great voice actress, and she's voiced similar characters in the past. Yes, I know who she really is, but... we're not really supposed to diverge aliases here unless they themselves confirm the roles.

Brian Beacock as Ali - Not really familiar with his work, but I guess he could be fine.
          I'm actually quite surprised that Sandy Fox actually landed an anime role since she rarely does anime voice work nowadays (mainly due to the fact that she does some singing and humanitarian work along with her husband, Lex Lang) IIRC, the last anime role she had was a completely playing against the type yandere, Haruna Niekawa, from Durarara!! But it's nice to see one of my favorite voice actresses back in anime. Now, I'm wondering if they can get Troy Baker in the Sailor Moon dub.

Also, Brian Beacock is known to voice younger characters like Takato Matsuda from Digimon Tamers, Rivalz from Code Geass, Walker from Durarara!!, Suneo Honekawa/Sneech from Doraemon, and Renzo from Blue Exorcist. And then there is Monokuma from Danganronpa.
          Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

• Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Today at the Aniplex panel the cast list has been announced for the second season:

Cast (Japanese / English)
            Aladdin: Kaori Ishihara / Erica Mendez
            Alibaba: Yuki Kaji / Erik Scott Kimerer
            Morgiana: Haruka Tomatsu / Cristina Vee
            Sinbad: Daisuke Ono / Matt Mercer
            Titus Alexius: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka / Johnny Yong Bosch
            Scheherazade: Maaya Sakamoto / Stephanie Sheh
            Ren Koen: Yuichi Nakamura / Kaiji Tang
            Matal Mogamett: Cho / Steve Kramer

English Voice Director: Tony Oliver

LINK
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
            Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Sword Art Online II

Announced today at the Katsucon Aniplex panel, Michelle Ruff is the voice of Sinon
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Re: Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Yeah, I had thought we weren't allowed to talk about aliases here, I just wasn't sure if I had mixed up this site with another.

In addition to the above cast members, there are a few other additions and changes as well:

Bobby Thong as Sphintus
                Laura Post as Myers
                Ben Pronsky as Mu Alexius
                Joshua Tomar as Lolo
                Sarah Anne Williams as Myron
                Cherami Leigh as Toto
                Ethan Murray as Ren Komei
                Mark Allen Jr. as Ren Koha
                Erika Lindbeck as Ren Gyokuen
                Max Mittelman as Yunan
                Danny Boston as Sharrkan
                Johanna Luis as Ren Hakuhei

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ie-sheh/.84460

Good to see Bobby Thong and Mark Allen Jr in a larger roles, and Ben Prosnky, Joshua Tomar, Max Mittelman, and Erika Lindbeck in more roles.
                It's also nice to see Ethan Murray again, I thought he had retired or something.
                Johanna Luis has replaced Trinity Lee it seems, and I'm a bit dissapointed that Ray Cahse has been replaced as Sharkkan, though I'm sure whoever Danny Boston is will do a good job.

This past week has been good for LA dubs between Tiger and Bunny, Magi, SAOII, Sailor Moon R, and more Kill la Kill and Madoka just around the corner. There's also Viz's acquisition of Terrarformars and the rumor of a Samurai Flamenco dub. I'm also fairly positive that we'll hear about a dub for the Irregular at Magic High in the coming months too among other shows.

Comment

• Re: Sword Art Online II

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  Announced today at the Katsucon Aniplex panel, Michelle Ruff is the voice of Sinon
                  I knew Michelle would voice her, considering that she voiced Carl Clover (who is also voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) from BlazBlue.

It would be great if they reveal the English VAs for Death Gun and Kyouji Shinkawa.

Comment

• Re: Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

This past week has been good for LA dubs between Tiger and Bunny, Magi, SAOII, Sailor Moon R, and more Kill la Kill and Madoka just around the corner. There's also Viz's acquisition of Terrarformars and the rumor of a Samurai Flamenco dub. I'm also fairly positive that we'll hear about a dub for the Irregular at Magic High in the coming months too among other shows.
                    Not to mention that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Durarara x2 are getting dubs as well, and Tony Oliver has expressed great interest in directing the new FSN. I can also see Expelled from Paradise getting dubbed as well seeing that it's a movie and that it is produced by some big names. Now if Aldnoah Zero and Irregular get dubbed, then that would be even better news. Given that Aniplex is going so far as to bring out the soundtrack that the prospects for a dub for Aldnoah are looking good. And then Samurai Flamenco looks to be in a good position to get dubbed as well.

Comment

• Re: Sailor Moon R dub

Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post
                      Via Sailor Moon Panel at Katsucon 15

An: Johanna Luis
                      Ail: Brian Beacock
                      Chibiusa/Black Widow: Sandy Fox
                      Sailor Pluto: Veronica Taylor

Totally called it that Sandy Fox would play Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Pluto. I'm just gonna assume she's moved to LA now. But very outstanding cast.
                      Update: It's confirmed by her twitter profile that she now lives in LA.
                      Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

That's good to know! Here's hoping she lands many more roles, and maybe get as much work as she did 10 years ago. I miss hearing the New York voice actors. It's a shame that area has almost completely stopped getting anime work. Maybe we'll hear Rachael Lillis soon (who also moved to LA IIRC), I could see her as Neptune, although Wendee Lee is still my #1 pick.
                        Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 02-14-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Re: Sailor Moon R dub

Totally called it that Sandy Fox would play Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Pluto. I'm just gonna assume she's moved to LA now. But very outstanding cast.
                          Cassandra Morris, Carrie Keranen, Lucien Dodge, Marc Diraison, and now Veronica Taylor have all moved out over the past few years. It's no wonder VA's from New York are moving to LA given that there just aren't any projects there these days, not to mention NYAV operates from both locations.

Comment

^ Sean Schemmel too: https://twitter.com/SeanSchemmel

Comment

Cassandra Morris, Carrie Keranen, Lucien Dodge, Marc Diraison, and now Veronica Taylor have all moved out over the past few years. It's no wonder VA's from New York are moving to LA given that there just aren't any projects there these days, not to mention NYAV operates from both locations.

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                              Yep and let's not forget Crispin Freeman, Liam O'Brien, Sam Riegel, Megan Hollingshead, Tara Sands, Rachael Lillis and Chris Niosi too. But I don't blame them for moving, you gotta live where the work is. So pretty much
                              Last edited by deathfromabove1993; 02-14-2015, 11:33 PM.
                              Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

• Re: Sword Art Online II

Sandy Fox as Chibiusa makes so much sense that I'm surprised I didn't think of it. It's good to see her, as well as Veronica Taylor and Johanna Luis in a new dub. Not to mention in Sailor Moon to boot .
                                I can definitely see Michelle as Sinon. Can't wait to hear the dub .

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X