This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

It's really weird they recast Naruto of all characters for something, but unfortunately not surprising (is it REALLY that hard to do a unionized anime dub? I think Shippuden is the only one right now). It would also be really nice if they credited the voice actors. Glad they're streaming the episodes though, and at least it's not a part of the main series.
    Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 11-30-2014, 02:23 AM.
    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

• Leviathan: The Last Defense

As revealed through the back cover art for the bilingual release of Leviathan, Chris Ayres is the director for this dub.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kei Shirogane, Kaguya-sama: Love is War
      Watching: Gundam 00, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Okay, so I was at ANIMAINE two weeks ago and I attended all three of the voice actor Q&A panels there. Didn't get much in terms of tidbits, but what I did get was interesting. At Tia Ballard's panel, she mentioned being the new voice of Marron in the Dragon Ball franchise. Since to my knowledge she was not credited at all in Battle of Gods, nor did I hear any spoken dialog from the character in the film (not to mention the character isn't a featured player in the video games), I have to assume she's the latest in the line of voice actors who have broken NDA about their work in Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters.

Greg's open door panel had a few more pieces of information. First and foremost it seems as if Free! Eternal Summer will be recorded at a break-neck pace, I can only assume due to the availability of certain actors involved. There was mention of a role he was auditioning for, but I won't provide the hints he gave for it since they were pretty easy to decipher and I don't want to jinx his odds one way or the other. He also hinted on a role he was working on that he can't wait to be announced. He didn't mention if it was for FUNimation or Sentai, but the project is as of right now unannounced. He was apparently surprised it was even getting a dub in the first place. He's playing a villain in it, and the main cast is according to him is mostly made up of children. It's one he's really excited for, so I can't wait to find out what it is.
        Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 12-02-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
          Greg's open door panel had a few more pieces of information. First and foremost it seems as if Free! Eternal Summer will be recorded at a break-neck pace, I can only assume due to the availability of certain actors involved. There was mention of a role he was auditioning for, but I won't provide the hints he gave for it since they were pretty easy to decipher and I don't want to jinx his odds one way or the other. He also hinted on a role he was working on that he can't wait to be announced. He didn't mention if it was for FUNimation or Sentai, but the project is as of right now unannounced. He was apparently surprised it was even getting a dub in the first place. He's playing a villain in it, and the main cast is according to him is mostly made up of children. It's one he's really excited for, so I can't wait to find out what it is.
          From the look of things, the show in question looks like Magical Warfare, and in that show the main villain is Gekkou, whose is the type of character that Greg voices. The main cast is children, and even the principal there is a child at least in terms of looks. And it definitely is something that would be a surprise considering how bad the show is, but it has some marketability in it.
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It might've been Meredith McCoy voicing Marron in BoG. She voiced the character as a child in BioBroly and a teenager in GT (Melodee Lenz voiced the character in DBZ), and she was also credited under the additional voices. Plus the character's appearance was EXTREMELY brief, so it may not have mattered. It's also likely that Colleen Clinkenbeard is still 18 for DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters, so Meredith wasn't in the booth to voice the character. Tia is good casting though, even for such a small role. Melodee's voice in DBZ was really scratchy and throaty, it was distracting.

Comment

• Dog & Scissors

Official "Dog & Scissors" English Dub Voice Cast
              12/3/2014 5:28:56 PM

Director - Emily Neves

English Vocal Cast
              Kazuhito Harumi - Blake Shepard
              Natsuno Kirihime - Jessica Calvello
              Suzuna - Joanne Bonasso
              Toji - John Gremillion
              Maxi Akizuki - Brittney Karbowski
              Yayoi Honda - Monica Rial
              Afro Gomez - Chris Hutchison
              Sumitani - Julia Traber
              Genji - John Swasey
              Sarai - Luci Christian
              Sakura Honda - Nancy Novotny
              Sachi Moribe - Carli Mosier
              Madoka Harumi - Juliet Simmons
              Munakata - David Wald
              Fumio Honda - John Swasey
              Hami - Luci Christian
              Macho - Leraldo Anzaldua
              Daimon - David Wald
              Himehagi Momiji - Emily Neves

Source: Sentai Filmworks

Comment

• Re: Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals

from what I can tell Konohamaru, Choji and Shikamaru also keep their VAs
                Pretty sure that was Derek Stephen Prince as Choji (and reprising the few lines Shino has).

Konohamaru (and Ino) is still the same, but not sure about Shikamaru.

while I think Wendee Lee is voicing Tsunade.
                You may be right there.

EDIT: This has not been a good week for me. Embarrassed myself in front of Maile, Steve, and now Ben.
                Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 12-05-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
                  Pretty sure that was Derek Stephen Prince as Choji (and reprising the few lines Shino has).

You may be right there.

EDIT: This has not been a good week for me. Embarrassed myself in front of Maile, Steve, and now Ben.
                  So, this kinda confirms that Ben Diskin is a union-only voice actor? But then he worked in non-union stuff like several Bang Zoom anime dubs as well as K. I'm guessing that when he had signed up for Naruto, his name was under union-contract. But because his name is associated with union-only works when it comes to Naruto, he isn't allowed to reprise his role in the spinoff.
                  Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
                    Originally posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post

You may be right there.

So, this kinda confirms that Ben Diskin is a union-only voice actor? But then he worked in non-union stuff like several Bang Zoom anime dubs as well as K. I'm guessing that when he had signed up for Naruto, his name was under union-contract. But because his name is associated with union-only works when it comes to Naruto, he isn't allowed to reprise his role in the spinoff.
                    From his tweet, I think what he meant is that he wished everybody could come back, but couldn't because of Viz's decision to make this spinoff non-union. He didn't say that he isn't back as Sai. He doesn't appear in any of the episodes that are available at the moment. Since Ben has been working in Sailor Moon that I'm pretty sure he's not union-only.

Comment

He didn't say that he isn't back as Sai. He doesn't appear in any of the episodes that are available at the moment.
                      Sai has dialogue in episode 13...and I made the mistake of tagging Ben in a tweet while I was watching it. I'm still beating myself up for this.
                      Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 12-05-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Isn't it possible for a project to have a mix of union and non-union contracts?

Comment

• Re: Time of EVE

According to the back cover of the release, Michael Sinterniklaas is also the dub director.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Since no one has posted this yet.

https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmw...007534/?type=1

Doing some extra special things today in the studio, pic related.
                            https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/...72558752755713

Let's take a quick peek into the voice booth.
                            https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/...93136976666624

Some lunch time snacks for our special guest. Super excited about revealing who it is, stay tuned!
                            https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmw...599509/?type=1

We've got a big surprise coming your way soon, can't wait to show you…but here’s a little teaser to get started!

Everybody seems to have already guessed it's Jessica Nigri, and with her retweeting that guitar pic, as well as posting this on Dec. 2nd, I'd assume they're correct.
                            Really noticeable if you look at the booth pic Sentai posted and horizontally flip Jessica's pic and look at both pics side by side.

https://twitter.com/OJessicaNigri/st...82559329796096

MORE BOOTH RECORDING!! :D
                            Also a little interesting tidbit that someone posted on Sentai's FB for that guitar pic.

It must be Super Sonico, I was looking through the latest issue of Otaku USA and there was an advertisement for it stating that there was going to be a surprise voice actress and I think a release.

My AP Profile

Comment

That's an interesting development there with a cosplay model being the voice of Super Sonico, a show that I didn't think would be dubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                                According to the back cover of the release, Michael Sinterniklaas is also the dub director.
                                We knew that, likke, several MONTHS ago

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                                That's an interesting development there with a cosplay model being the voice of Super Sonico, a show that I didn't think would be dubbed.
                                I actually predicted Super Sonico will get an English dub because Sentai Filmworks has been promoting this series a lot. That being said, I'm actually surprised that a cosplay model will voice Super Sonico, judging by the fact that Jessica Calvello would be the kind of voice actress to voice Super Sonico.
                                Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X