Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 and Only Rightstuf.Com Thread/FAQ

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long do they usually take to ship things out? I ask because I ordered the Zeta BDs on Friday, but I haven't been charged for them yet and it says my ordering is awaiting fulfillment even though it said they were instock and available.
    From my experience, I don't think they ship on the weekends, so if you order it on Friday, you can't expect it to start shipping out until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
      Out of curiosity, how long do they usually take to ship things out? I ask because I ordered the Zeta BDs on Friday, but I haven't been charged for them yet and it says my ordering is awaiting fulfillment even though it said they were instock and available.
      From my experience, I don't think they ship on the weekends, so if you order it on Friday, you can't expect it to start shipping out until Monday.
      Thank you. As I said before, it has been quite a while since I've ordered from them, and usually it was something that was a preorder.

Comment

Does anyone know when was the last time there was a Funimation sale at Rightstuf? I've been holding off on ordering a few new solicitations from Funi and it seems like it has been quite awhile since the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing46 View Post
          Does anyone know when was the last time there was a Funimation sale at Rightstuf? I've been holding off on ordering a few new solicitations from Funi and it seems like it has been quite awhile since the last one.
          February 2015, I believe...
          @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

I believe there was one in June of 2015 as when I look back on my order history I find a number of Funimation titles ordered then. However, if I am not mistaken that sale did not include pre-orders but only titles that had been released.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Doc View Post
              I believe there was one in June of 2015 as when I look back on my order history I find a number of Funimation titles ordered then. However, if I am not mistaken that sale did not include pre-orders but only titles that had been released.
              Oh, you're right. I missed my one item from then. I did actually pre-order the Noragami LE from then, and that was the last FUNimation item I ordered besides the Space Dandy set from the holiday sale.

So June 2015.

Comment

Yeah, in a way not having regular sales has been good for me as MUCH less of their items have been going out of print since then, the only notable one is Noragami LE and that only occured during TRSI's Christmas sale. But yeah, I would like more sales like they used to as I do miss buying their new shows as it's much cheaper for me with TRSI's new shipping policies to the UK to order during big sales. At least it gave me plenty of time to work on my backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by Reuben Green View Post
                  Yeah, in a way not having regular sales has been good for me as MUCH less of their items have been going out of print since then, the only notable one is Noragami LE and that only occured during TRSI's Christmas sale. But yeah, I would like more sales like they used to as I do miss buying their new shows as it's much cheaper for me with TRSI's new shipping policies to the UK to order during big sales. At least it gave me plenty of time to work on my backlog.
                  Yep that's the real trick! Working on the backlog. When the Cdn. dollar was worth more than the American I was buying stuff like crazy and my backlog had gotten to over 90 complete series!

Now with the Cdn. dollar down over a third I'm mainly buying during the Xmas Specials and my backlog is down to only about half of that. So good for me in that respect; bad for Rightstuf.

J. A.
                  Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                  Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                  Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                  Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

A lot of time has passed since any major website updates, so I'll toss out some opportunities for improvements.

When going to Order History the default time frame is a month. This is too short. This would be fine when viewing the Overview section, but as a part of the History section, it is no where near what it should be. In fact, I haven't placed many orders lately, so my Overview actually shows more orders than my History does. The link from the overview page even says "View All Order History", but when you click on it there's just the one month range displayed. That just doesn't seem right. Can we please have at least a 6 month or 1 year view when we go to our history? If people are placing pre-orders 3 months in advance they are constantly having to change the date ranges just to view all open orders. That or consider a toggle that allows us to simply view all open orders.

Also, when scrolling through your Order History pages, when you get to the bottom there are no page navigation options. You have to go back to the top of the list in order to navigate to the next page. This might not be so bad with a Top Page navigation link to send you back to the top, but it would probably just make more sense to have page links at the bottom as well like those found on the search result pages. This issue is more problematic on mobile than it is on a desktop, since you have to swipe a few times to get back to the top of the page.

I do appreciate that you can now open up specific orders in separate tabs. This helps greatly when viewing multiple orders at once. I would still like to see some sort of preview option to see the items included in the order from the history page to quickly find what's been placed in an order without having to open them all up when searching for a specific item. Maybe an order note field on our History page so that we can type a custom string to quickly identify which orders contain specific items.

Would it be possible to have an option to set your preferred search result display quantity in your user profile somewhere? I frequently select the 96 item display option (Thank you for adding that!), and I would like for it to be saved in my profile as a default value for whenever I'm logged into my account.

Finally, I don't know if it's a problem with my browsers, but on mobile when viewing Product Lists clicking on the title of the item doesn't open the page to the item itself. It only selects/deselects the item as a part of the product list. If you want to go to the item page directly you have to go to Edit and click the link to the item from there. This isn't an issue present when viewing on desktop.

That's about all I have right now. Other than issues opening the Spring Cleaning sale recently, which seems to have been ironed out now, I've had a smooth experience navigating RightStuf. There may have been some issues with search results at times, but I can't really recall them at this time. Thank you for any consideration toward my suggestions.
                    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I agree that the Order History page is still a jump back to the stone-age compared to what they used to have. I also want to see the default view changed from 1 month to 6 months, because the bulk of our open orders are Pre-Orders placed 3-6 months before their release.

Listing all the titles in each order so they are visible directly on the order history page itself is an absolute must - and didn't their Pre-Castration order history page also include the release date for each title? That release date is extremely important for order monitoring, and should also be visible directly on the order history page, without us having to:

1. Click open the order;
                      2. Click on a pre-order title in the order page;
                      3. Scroll halfway down the page to see the release date;
                      4. Hit the Back button to go back to the order page;
                      5. Click on the second pre-order in the order page;
                      6. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Meanwhile, while using the back button to get back to the order page or history page, extraneous webpages not in the forward navigation randomly popup. What a PITA.

I would kill to have the "archive individual orders" feature put back in place, so we wouldn't have to do any date filtering at all, or to go through multiple pages of history to find all of our outstanding pre-orders. Right now the way the order history page is laid out, with simply an order number and obscure status field, is all but totally useless. I am forced to use a separate spreadsheet of my own to keep track of all the pre-orders I originally made up to 3-6 months beforehand.

And one final thing: Still waiting impatiently for the promised return of the QUANTITY REMAINING COUNTER...

Thank you.
                      Last edited by t-Roy; 03-29-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I strongly agree with both of the above!

There are parts of the order pages and especially order histories that just DRIVE ME CRAZY !!! :angry:

J. A.
                        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Yes, being able to archive old orders AND/OR having the default as 6 months would be IMMENSELY HELPFUL! And It would also help to have a little preview of the orders on my order history. For example, CD Japan shows the first 3 items in an order. While not perfect for CD Japan, that WOULD be helpful for RS because I know the studios and what they sell so it would make checking order history SO much easier! The order numbers alone are completely useless. Unless I check my email history or click on EVERY...SINGLE...OPEN...ORDER, it's hard to see what the heck I already ordered!

Thanks for reading!

Comment

I miss the old order history page...

Thank goodness for my spreadsheets

Comment

As I've said previously, I really miss the out of stock items having pages when they transferred to the new website, I always went there to get all the information about an out of print title just in case, and more often than not I could find it. But yes, COUNTERS PLEASE!!! It's nearly been a year and I've missed so many things due to this being the way it is now.

Comment

Does Rightstuf do partial shipments anymore? Just wondering because I have something sitting and was wondering how long it usually takes.
                                Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
                                Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X