X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 and Only Rightstuf.Com Thread/FAQ

Originally posted by shawnek View Post
    So, just to confirm, you would prefer the order wouldn't ship at all until it was complete? Just trying to understand what our customers want as I look at how we can make the site better.
    I like receiving my stuff as soon as possible so if if you do decide implement a "don't ship until order is complete" system, I hope that it isn't required/cost extra (like Amazon's ship as items become available option).
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Oh no! You guys are phasing out the 2 week hold period... That saves my life because typically when I preorder for the sale price, you guys send things out early, and when that happens, I don't usually have the funds because I didn't know it will be out early. Typically, I would have to email you guys to hold it for a couple of days to add money to my debit card. If you guys phase out the two week hold... I guess I'm out of luck and I'll have to buy things when they are released and on a GOTANIME sale.

I feel like a "Ship on Release Date" type of option for preorders would be helpful. I know its complicated but its just a suggestion. It would be helpful because it sets a specific date for things to be charged. Because I feel bad when I get the insufficent amount of money email.

Comment

I wouldn't mind rightstuf adding a "ship when entire order is ready option", but only as an additional option. If it would change the current system of shipping or force it to cost more I would be against it though.
        Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

Originally posted by otakualchemist View Post
          I wouldn't mind rightstuf adding a "ship when entire order is ready option", but only as an additional option. If it would change the current system of shipping or force it to cost more I would be against it though.
          That would be my opinion as well. I could see there being instances where that option would be very helpful to me, but in most cases the current standard way of doing things has served me well. Planning out things ahead of time with studio sales (where I add earlier released medium priority items to get free shipping), I tend to get my higher priority preorders in great time at a great price. One reason I love RightStuf so much.

Comment

I like the current system as well. I think what people here fail to realize is that there is a cost to a company of holding merchandise.
            Holding things also messes with their inventory turns ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by hachi View Post
              I like the current system as well. I think what people here fail to realize is that there is a cost to a company of holding merchandise.
              I shudder to think of what would have happened if the "Hold everything until all is in stock" system were in play when Eva 3.33 pre-orders went up.
              My Anime List
              YouTube <- I do collection Videos
              Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

well its not like it was demanded, he just asked us and we gave an opinion.

Comment

It does seem to work for them for Cdn. shipping orders though. Our $250 free shipping orders are always done this way! Everything is held until completed or until I get tired of waiting (because one item is backordered) and call CS to substitute something else so it can ship!

J. A.
                  Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                  Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                  Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                  Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

That pretty much is my opinion as well. This is something that would have be useful for the holiday sales seeing that free shipping quota for Canadian customers is much higher than for US customers and while there are customers that are willing to wait for their orders to be shipped until the end of the sale, some of the deals can't wait. Not to mention, with the mega deals that it would save the trouble of having to find something else to order along with those deals that are just not expensive enough to get free shipping. That said, I like the current system as an American customer, and Right Stuf is simply amazing when it comes to doing what the customers want.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Is it just me, or has the GotAnime website been down for quite a while now? If it *is* just me, maybe I need Ollie the weatherman to help me with my TCP/IP settings.
                      Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Originally posted by DiRF View Post
                        Is it just me, or has the GotAnime website been down for quite a while now? If it *is* just me, maybe I need Ollie the weatherman to help me with my TCP/IP settings.
                        No, it has been down for a while. I've been getting the GA codes via e-mail for a few months now.

Dear x,

Thank you for being a member of Right Stuf's 'Got Anime?' program! We are currently revamping the 'Got Anime?' section of our website for late Spring, but we wanted to make sure you received this month's coupon code via email to help take advantage of our great deals!

If you have any questions about your account, please contact us at 1-800-338-6827, or find all of our contact information at http://stuf.it/ContactStuf.
                        What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

If this report is true: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1233

It looks like going forward the GotAnime discount will not be enabled for studio sales.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/animetoday/statu...21337952329729

Rightstuf says that GA discount still eligible for studio sales.
                          Last edited by AbZeroNow; 06-01-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I feel like that is out of context somehow. The current promotion is no different from others, and it states that Got Anime is applicable.

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on select DVDs, Blu-ray discs and merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in this sale? Just go to the current sale section on RightStuf.com and click on the "What's on sale?" tab. It will take you to a list of all of the FUNimation items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
                            The second half is where I made my mistake of not checking to see if my items were a part of the Weekly Specials. So if they won't allow for the discount, then I will wait and see if they come off of the weekly specials and re-order. It does state that the sale can't be applied to pre-existing orders now, however, which is something that has changed in the past year at least. If Got Anime subscriptions are not going to be applicable to Studio sales, then their use would ultimately diminish. I don't see that actually happening. They have been revamping the Got Anime site for a long time though. We'll just have to see what they're doing with it in the future.
                            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

As a Canadian doing mainly bulk orders of studio, Christmas and bargin bin items. I've never paid much attention to the Got Anime site and never ever used one of their coupons. So it doesn't really affect me one way or the other.

In fact about the only time I ever use the Got Anime site is to check when my Got Anime subscription expires as I can never remember that.

J. A.
                              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                              Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                              Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                              Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                                I feel like that is out of context somehow. The current promotion is no different from others, and it states that Got Anime is applicable.

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on select DVDs, Blu-ray discs and merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in this sale? Just go to the current sale section on RightStuf.com and click on the "What's on sale?" tab. It will take you to a list of all of the FUNimation items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
                                The second half is where I made my mistake of not checking to see if my items were a part of the Weekly Specials. So if they won't allow for the discount, then I will wait and see if they come off of the weekly specials and re-order. It does state that the sale can't be applied to pre-existing orders now, however, which is something that has changed in the past year at least. If Got Anime subscriptions are not going to be applicable to Studio sales, then their use would ultimately diminish. I don't see that actually happening. They have been revamping the Got Anime site for a long time though. We'll just have to see what they're doing with it in the future.
                                While it is true that certain titles are not eligible for the extra membership discount on this particular sale, that will not be the case for all sales. We are constantly working with suppliers and do our best, however, sometimes we have to work within restrictions that are set for us.
                                Shawne Kleckner
                                President/CEO
                                The Right Stuf International, Inc.
                                www.rightstuf.com
                                [email protected]
                                Become a minion of the Dark Lord today! http://www.facebook.com/shawnekleckner

PLEASE DO NOT PM me - send an e-mail.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X