Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, a couple of times they authorized for a couple of dollars more for some reason, but when the charge went through it was the correct amount. I don't have an answer for why they do that sometimes. When it happened to me I also contacted their billing support but basically had to just wait for the charge to go through at the lower correct amount. It would be nicer for sure if they would invalidate any previous authorizations when doing it again on an order and keep the authorizations to the exact amount. Their billing support will need to explain why on that one.

Comment

• I spoke to CS and they can?t do anything about it. So they suggested I call my bank. Disappointed with this whole thing especially with the weekend coming up where nothing gets processed. Eh, whatever. Back to B&N for books.
      Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

• Originally posted by lk09 View Post
        I placed my first order in over 2 years at the end of January. It?s been a freaking nightmare. So much so where I?m coming back here, where I haven?t been active in nearly the same time, to try and address this another way.

So I ordered 10 manga books. Pretty simple. 7 shipped out and I received them no problem. However, the last 3 in the order have been sitting there quite some time. I was charged for the full order at the time the 7 books shipped. But then that charge disappeared from my bank account. Figured it would come back eventually anyways. But, has not gone that smooth.

Yesterday morning I received a call from an unknown number which turned out to be someone from Rightstuf. They said they were trying to process my order and my card was being declined. I said I?ve changed nothing with my account and the allotted funds are there for the entire order. I had to give my entire card number, expiration date, and security code over the phone as she said she would be consulting the accounting department.

Minutes after the call I was billed off my account for just the total of the first 7 books. Ok fine with me obviously. But then later in the day I noticed a charge for only 2 of the remaining books, even though I saw all were in stock and none have been shipped out to me, so today (Wednesday) I called customer service just to check the status of my remaining shipment.

The guy was very polite and helpful and said he thinks it?s a pre-auth for 2 of the 3 remaining for whatever reason. He said he was gonna check with someone else to make sure I don?t get double charged.

Lo and behold late today I was charged for the entire remaining order, only problem being I am still charged with that previous charge. So essentially I am being double charged for 166% of my remaining books. If not for a fluke that I made a deposit tonight I would?ve overdrew my account on that spot. Welp, before I even looked at my account I placed an Amazon order only to have my card be declined tonight. That?s what made me discover all this.

So for the time being, so much for my Amazon order, and I?m gonna have to contact CS again tomorrow.

Just highly displeased with this because it?s never happened with any other shopping I?ve done. I hate having to take calls, write emails or forum posts, just to try and get a simple issue resolved. Trust me, I don?t like typing this much. Who would.

I buy big/bulk orders of manga from Rightstuf because the prices beat the competition. Although, this being my one and only experience in the past 2 years with you guys, and having spent 4 digits for numerous years in the past with you guys with minimal issues, just makes me irked. Will probably going back to B&N for book purchases to avoid a headache and having to be in contact with CS numerous times, despite the 20% higher price.

Will be calling tomorrow tomorrow to get this solved hopefully. Just wanted to make this known. I remember having some issues when you guys changed your website years back, and your processing/shipping system along with it.
        I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your order. You are doing the right thing by contacting our Customer Care team. If you could send me a message with your order number, I'll have mu manager take a look at it to see if anything else can be done so your purchase can be completed.

Comment

I spoke to CS and they can?t do anything about it. So they suggested I call my bank. Disappointed with this whole thing especially with the weekend coming up where nothing gets processed. Eh, whatever. Back to B&N for books.
          Hey Ik09 sorry to hear about your troubles it sounds like we went through something similar. I placed an order on 12/26/18 with RS during their holiday sale which had 6 Blu-Rays but 1 was out of stock. I'll admit I goofed when inputting my card info initially though so this was my fault.

They did a pre-auth for 5 of the 6 Blu-Rays on 1/11/19 and shipped them out to me however my card holder released the funds back to me seven days later. I didn't catch this until the last item on the order was in stock early this month but didn't ship.

After waiting on them to ship the last item for about a week I called CS and had them correct my card info where they did a pre-auth for the last item on my order then six days later they tried to do another pre-auth for the original five items they already shipped plus an additional pre-auth for the sixth item. My card holder didn't let the second pre-auth for the sixth item go through since I only use this card for online shopping and keep the exact amount of money needed on this card.

The next day the first pre-auth for the sixth item was released by my card holder and I called CS again who quickly processed the remaining item on my order and it was shipped out the same day and now both charges posted to my account.

From my experience I think the extra pre-auth will roll off your account and the funds will be available back to you after your bank's holding period which is usually 7 days for most banks.

Comment

• A credit card would avoid this problem and you wouldn't have to worry about overdraft charges. But not everyone is comfortable with credit cards.

Comment

• Speaking of pre-auths, my CC just declined a $1 pre-auth for an order I just put in. They locked up the card thinking it was a fraudulent charge. I've used this card at TRSI for years and I've never had that happen before. I've got things taken care of now, but hopefully it doesn't pop up again when stuff starts shipping in April-May.
              What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                Speaking of pre-auths, my CC just declined a $1 pre-auth for an order I just put in. They locked up the card thinking it was a fraudulent charge. I've used this card at TRSI for years and I've never had that happen before. I've got things taken care of now, but hopefully it doesn't pop up again when stuff starts shipping in April-May.
                I've NEVER had a pre-auth for $1 declined before. Usually I get declined for something over $250 from stores overseas like CD Japan. It's so common, I keep my email open whenever I made a large order overseas. "Oh, will this get declined? ...YEP! *Sigh* Time to contact my credit card company...AGAIN!"

Comment

• I've just had yet another oddity with a Right Stuf order. A few days ago Konohana Kitan Blu-ray (finally) shipped out, and also some manga volumes from a different order. When I got my packages in today, I found that I had gotten 2 of the Konohana Kitan Blu-ray, one packed in with my manga, and another in a separate box. I never ordered two copies, and was never charged for a second copy either. What is the proper procedure to do in this case? Will I have to pay to return the copy I'm not supposed to have?

Comment

• Cheery on top after receiving the rest of my order is they are not shrink wrapped despite me paying for each book in the order. Not that I care about the small amount of money, but more about that actual shrink wrap. Figured this would happen after my first shopping slip said shrink wrap x10, which is an extra 5 bucks I?m more than willing to pay as long as they actually do it.
                    Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

• Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      I've just had yet another oddity with a Right Stuf order. A few days ago Konohana Kitan Blu-ray (finally) shipped out, and also some manga volumes from a different order. When I got my packages in today, I found that I had gotten 2 of the Konohana Kitan Blu-ray, one packed in with my manga, and another in a separate box. I never ordered two copies, and was never charged for a second copy either. What is the proper procedure to do in this case? Will I have to pay to return the copy I'm not supposed to have?
                      This exact thing happened to me a few months back! Here's what I did. I contacted customer service and explained I got 2 copies of some Lupin Blu-Ray when I only ordered one and hadn't been charged for the second. I asked if they wanted me to keep the extra copy or send it back. I was told I could keep it, so I gave it to a co-worker interested in Anime. Now, there's no guarantee the same thing will happen to you, but the right thing to do would be to ask customer service what to do with the extra copy. (Note: I did NOT have to pay for the extra copy since they were the ones that sent it in error.)

Hopefully that helps you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Hopefully that helps you.
                        Ah thanks. Well, I'll give it a try as I do want to inform them of the error.

Comment

Cheery on top after receiving the rest of my order is they are not shrink wrapped despite me paying for each book in the order. Not that I care about the small amount of money, but more about that actual shrink wrap. Figured this would happen after my first shopping slip said shrink wrap x10, which is an extra 5 bucks I?m more than willing to pay as long as they actually do it.
                          I'm sorry to hear that the items you requested to have shrink wrapped were not. Could you please message me directly with your order number so someone can look into this further? We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

I've just had yet another oddity with a Right Stuf order. A few days ago Konohana Kitan Blu-ray (finally) shipped out, and also some manga volumes from a different order. When I got my packages in today, I found that I had gotten 2 of the Konohana Kitan Blu-ray, one packed in with my manga, and another in a separate box. I never ordered two copies, and was never charged for a second copy either. What is the proper procedure to do in this case? Will I have to pay to return the copy I'm not supposed to have?
                            We're sorry about the error. Please contact our Customer Care Team at 800-338-6827, email or live chat via the Help option at the top of our webpage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

I was told I could keep it, so I gave it to a co-worker interested in Anime. Now, there's no guarantee the same thing will happen to you, but the right thing to do would be to ask customer service what to do with the extra copy. (Note: I did NOT have to pay for the extra copy since they were the ones that sent it in error.)
                              Well, I just heard back after opening a case, and doesn't look like that's going to be the case for me. They said they would charge me for it if I kept the second copy, but that they would send me a shipping label if I wanted to ship it back so that it doesn't cost me anything. I'm rather miffed that I have to go through this (not out any money at least, but still a hassle as sending a package back is something I've never done before), but I don't really have anyone to give the extra copy to, so I might go ahead and do it. Though the fact I am being treated differently from someone else this happened irks me too. I might want to trying a different avenue (like call or chat mentioned by the rep here) pointing that out. Still split over what to do.

Comment

Well, I just heard back after opening a case, and doesn't look like that's going to be the case for me. They said they would charge me for it if I kept the second copy, but that they would send me a shipping label if I wanted to ship it back so that it doesn't cost me anything. I'm rather miffed that I have to go through this (not out any money at least, but still a hassle as sending a package back is something I've never done before), but I don't really have anyone to give the extra copy to, so I might go ahead and do it. Though the fact I am being treated differently from someone else this happened irks me too. I might want to trying a different avenue (like call or chat mentioned by the rep here) pointing that out. Still split over what to do.
                                I'm sorry to hear that. It may depend on the rep you get. I forget who mine was since it was ages ago. At least they aren't going to charge you because that would just be wrong. I wonder if it may have to do with the items we got. Maybe yours is a more popular item so they want it back??

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X