Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the new (and last) catalog in the mail. Sad to see the catalog will be no more, but that just how things are in this digital world. Front cover is all about the upcoming holiday sale(s). There was also a "Holiday is Coming" scratch off coupon in it, though this time I don't see a mention of how long the code is good for. (Edit: I think I found the date on the bottom of this page. Coupons are good till 12/31/18.)

Online Version: https://www.rightstufanime.com/image...e2_catalog.pdf
    Last edited by tigeress02; 11-05-2018, 08:03 PM.
    What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

• While I hadn't ordered a physical catalog from Right Stuf for years (they didn't seem particularly willing to just send them north of the border), I had a "digital packrat" habit of saving the PDF files; with some judicious fiddling with URLs, I managed to collect catalog files going back to the 1999-2000 edition. (I'd be interested in seeing early catalogs from the 1990s, anyway.) As you said, it feels like the end of an era.

Comment

• My own catalogs go back to 2004 and up to about 2016 when I started to tail off my big orders. As a Canadian we normally didn't get the mailings because of the cost of mailing to us so every time I did a big order I'd add a note asking them to throw in a catalog and they always did. It's fun some times to go through the old catalogs and see what was hot that year!
        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

• Heyo, the free $5 Blind Box promotion tempted me to make four $50+ orders, which all came together in a giant box to my house. I was a little surprised that I got two sets of duplicates, though. =x Two Short Peace and two Ghost Hound vol. 1 DVDs. I could understand not being able to keep track of which customer got which Blind Boxes across numerous shipments, but someone in the warehouse specifically placed two copies of each into the same box, literally in order right next to each other. I mean I shouldn't be complaining about something I got for free, but I did specifically make those orders because of the promotion, and it's a little weird to see duplicates that a customer would never have any personal use for. ^_^;; I wish I could say I could at least gift them to somebody, but sadly none of my close friends are really into anime (or at least physical collections).

Comment

• I also ordered 4 $5 blind boxes as part of the promotion within minutes of each other. Unfortunately they chose to ship them all separately. So far I've received 3 copies of Ghost Hound Collection 1 DVD. I fully expect when my 4th shipment arrives to have a 4th copy of Ghost Hound. What a waste. They really need to fix how this works when you order close together. Especially when they encourage it as part of a promotion.

Comment

• Those Blind Boxes are simply a way for RS to get rid of the excess singles from incomplete series with OOP volumes in their old Bargain Basement stock, which have been sitting on the shelf for years and not moving. There is very seldom anything of worthwhile value in a blind box.

Comment

• Well I certainly knew it could be some hella old random volume Geneon DVD (if they haven't burned through them all yet), but I had figured they had so much of all that old stock they wanted to unload that I could at least expect something different with each Blind Box. Maybe encourage me to hunt down the rest of the volumes of an old unrescued series or something, heh.
                Last edited by Spoofer; 12-13-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Is RightStuf going to carry the Akira Toriyama Dragon Quest art book from Viz?

Comment

• Originally posted by gpn View Post
                    Is RightStuf going to carry the Akira Toriyama Dragon Quest art book from Viz?
                    Yes, we will!

Comment

• When do these "Holiday is Coming" coupons expire?
                      @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

• Can RightStuf list the new adult Skytube figure so I can buy it.
                        https://ultratc.com/wholesale/index....roduct_id=7150

Edit: Thanks for adding the figure, I already ordered it.
                        Last edited by chrisc1978; 01-23-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X