Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the new (and last) catalog in the mail. Sad to see the catalog will be no more, but that just how things are in this digital world. Front cover is all about the upcoming holiday sale(s). There was also a "Holiday is Coming" scratch off coupon in it, though this time I don't see a mention of how long the code is good for. (Edit: I think I found the date on the bottom of this page. Coupons are good till 12/31/18.)

Online Version: https://www.rightstufanime.com/image...e2_catalog.pdf
    Last edited by tigeress02; 11-05-2018, 08:03 PM.
    What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

• While I hadn't ordered a physical catalog from Right Stuf for years (they didn't seem particularly willing to just send them north of the border), I had a "digital packrat" habit of saving the PDF files; with some judicious fiddling with URLs, I managed to collect catalog files going back to the 1999-2000 edition. (I'd be interested in seeing early catalogs from the 1990s, anyway.) As you said, it feels like the end of an era.

Comment

• My own catalogs go back to 2004 and up to about 2016 when I started to tail off my big orders. As a Canadian we normally didn't get the mailings because of the cost of mailing to us so every time I did a big order I'd add a note asking them to throw in a catalog and they always did. It's fun some times to go through the old catalogs and see what was hot that year!
        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

• Heyo, the free $5 Blind Box promotion tempted me to make four $50+ orders, which all came together in a giant box to my house. I was a little surprised that I got two sets of duplicates, though. =x Two Short Peace and two Ghost Hound vol. 1 DVDs. I could understand not being able to keep track of which customer got which Blind Boxes across numerous shipments, but someone in the warehouse specifically placed two copies of each into the same box, literally in order right next to each other. I mean I shouldn't be complaining about something I got for free, but I did specifically make those orders because of the promotion, and it's a little weird to see duplicates that a customer would never have any personal use for. ^_^;; I wish I could say I could at least gift them to somebody, but sadly none of my close friends are really into anime (or at least physical collections).

Comment

• I also ordered 4 $5 blind boxes as part of the promotion within minutes of each other. Unfortunately they chose to ship them all separately. So far I've received 3 copies of Ghost Hound Collection 1 DVD. I fully expect when my 4th shipment arrives to have a 4th copy of Ghost Hound. What a waste. They really need to fix how this works when you order close together. Especially when they encourage it as part of a promotion.

Comment

• Those Blind Boxes are simply a way for RS to get rid of the excess singles from incomplete series with OOP volumes in their old Bargain Basement stock, which have been sitting on the shelf for years and not moving. There is very seldom anything of worthwhile value in a blind box.

Comment

• Well I certainly knew it could be some hella old random volume Geneon DVD (if they haven't burned through them all yet), but I had figured they had so much of all that old stock they wanted to unload that I could at least expect something different with each Blind Box. Maybe encourage me to hunt down the rest of the volumes of an old unrescued series or something, heh.
                Last edited by Spoofer; 12-13-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Is RightStuf going to carry the Akira Toriyama Dragon Quest art book from Viz?

Comment

• Originally posted by gpn View Post
                    Is RightStuf going to carry the Akira Toriyama Dragon Quest art book from Viz?
                    Yes, we will!

Comment

• When do these "Holiday is Coming" coupons expire?
                      @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

• Can RightStuf list the new adult Skytube figure so I can buy it.
                        https://ultratc.com/wholesale/index....roduct_id=7150

Edit: Thanks for adding the figure, I already ordered it.
                        Last edited by chrisc1978; 01-23-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Per Email:

Greetings from the Right Stuf/AnimeNation Forums!

You are or were a member of the AN forums. If you're no longer interested in forum news, hit that delete button, quick. Poof, we'll be gone.

After almost 20 years online, the forums may be shut down soon. We're sending this note to alert members, and see if there's enough interest to keep them alive. We'll discuss for a couple days, then decide what to do.
                          We'd like feedback from as many members as possible, so if you want to contribute to the conversation or see what's going on, feel free to head over to the thread:

www.animenation.com/forum/

Thanks! Gene AnimeNation / Right Stuf Forums

Comment

• I placed my first order in over 2 years at the end of January. It?s been a freaking nightmare. So much so where I?m coming back here, where I haven?t been active in nearly the same time, to try and address this another way.

So I ordered 10 manga books. Pretty simple. 7 shipped out and I received them no problem. However, the last 3 in the order have been sitting there quite some time. I was charged for the full order at the time the 7 books shipped. But then that charge disappeared from my bank account. Figured it would come back eventually anyways. But, has not gone that smooth.

Yesterday morning I received a call from an unknown number which turned out to be someone from Rightstuf. They said they were trying to process my order and my card was being declined. I said I?ve changed nothing with my account and the allotted funds are there for the entire order. I had to give my entire card number, expiration date, and security code over the phone as she said she would be consulting the accounting department.

Minutes after the call I was billed off my account for just the total of the first 7 books. Ok fine with me obviously. But then later in the day I noticed a charge for only 2 of the remaining books, even though I saw all were in stock and none have been shipped out to me, so today (Wednesday) I called customer service just to check the status of my remaining shipment.

The guy was very polite and helpful and said he thinks it?s a pre-auth for 2 of the 3 remaining for whatever reason. He said he was gonna check with someone else to make sure I don?t get double charged.

Lo and behold late today I was charged for the entire remaining order, only problem being I am still charged with that previous charge. So essentially I am being double charged for 166% of my remaining books. If not for a fluke that I made a deposit tonight I would?ve overdrew my account on that spot. Welp, before I even looked at my account I placed an Amazon order only to have my card be declined tonight. That?s what made me discover all this.

So for the time being, so much for my Amazon order, and I?m gonna have to contact CS again tomorrow.

Just highly displeased with this because it?s never happened with any other shopping I?ve done. I hate having to take calls, write emails or forum posts, just to try and get a simple issue resolved. Trust me, I don?t like typing this much. Who would.

I buy big/bulk orders of manga from Rightstuf because the prices beat the competition. Although, this being my one and only experience in the past 2 years with you guys, and having spent 4 digits for numerous years in the past with you guys with minimal issues, just makes me irked. Will probably going back to B&N for book purchases to avoid a headache and having to be in contact with CS numerous times, despite the 20% higher price.

Will be calling tomorrow tomorrow to get this solved hopefully. Just wanted to make this known. I remember having some issues when you guys changed your website years back, and your processing/shipping system along with it.
                            Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

• Are you sure the charges aren't still pending on your card? As they said RS will run a pre-authorization which will show up pending on your card. If the amount of products available to ship changes or is less than the full order, they will then charge the smaller actual amount when it ships, but it may take a few days for the original pre-authorization amount to disappear. So generally this means you won't be double charged, but it does cause the available funds for your card to be less than it should be until the pending items either finalize and/or disappear off the account. To avoid problems like this, unfortunately you'll just need to keep more available on your card to allow for this when you're planning other simultaneous charges. This is likely why they had a problem charging in the first place since when they ran the second amount you no longer had sufficient funds. If the amount to be charged didn't change there wouldn't have been a problem. From what I've seen they don't seem to be able to cancel the original pre-authorization to clear it off your card before charging again.... at least not automatically. Perhaps their billing department can do it manually when they tried again when you spoke with them.

Comment

• The whole thing has just been messy. Over the last 2 days they placed 4 separate charges on my account. 1 for the original whole order total, which luckily went away, then 3 more which are all still there and add up to more than my order total.

That?s fine if they want to pre-auth everything, but not fine if they overcharge while doing it, because that money does disappear from my account, even if only ?for a few business days?.

My account did not change this entire time they were doing all this pre-auth stuff. Even with their overcharge I still have enough. It?s the fact that their overcharge got my card declined elsewhere and then I have to figure out what the heck?s going on.

I?m not okay with ?waiting a few business days? for money I did not spend with them to appear back on my account. I?m not okay if that causes me to be unable to use my card on another site.

Pre-auths are fine if they pre-auth what I owe. Not fine if I?m losing money for days that I never spent. End of story.

Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X