This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 and Only Rightstuf.Com Thread/FAQ

Oh...My...GAH! My order history shows ALL (well...back to 2013) my orders instead of the useless 30 day window!! Now if only there was a way to just display my OPEN orders only. It's MUCH better than it was!

Edit: OH! You can see if the individual items in your orders are in stock or not now! (Items will say "Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping" with the release date OR "In Stock.") AWESOME! I kinda wish the "Pending Shipment" showed FIRST instead of what has already shipped. You have to click the "Products Pending Shipment" to see the items whereas the stuff that's already shipped displays right away. In my case, I wish I could reverse it and have what HASN'T shipped show first with all the items listed cause once something has shipped, I don't care as much since I already have the items. At least it's better than it was. I'd like to be able to play with the display settings in my account, but it's definitely better now.
    Last edited by Art-chan; 07-11-2016, 11:36 PM. Reason: More Account Changes Awesomeness!

Comment

Looks like we still can't sort items in lists by name...
      @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

I still want the titles in each order to show in the main list of orders, just like the old Order History page - I hate having to click on each order# over and over to see which order has which anime titles in it...

Also, I'd like to see a selection at the top of the Order History page to either display ALL orders on ONE page, or at least way more than the 20 orders per page it's set to now...

Lastly, GET THE QUANTITY REMAINING COUNTER WORKING AGAIN.... Then I'll be fairly satisfied with the new site design.

Comment

Quick question. I probably just missed it before but only just noticed with the latest batch Gundam pre-order listings that there is a new addition to the "Details" column: "Prebook Date" , what exactly is that/what does that mean?
          ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
            Quick question. I probably just missed it before but only just noticed with the latest batch Gundam pre-order listings that there is a new addition to the "Details" column: "Prebook Date" , what exactly is that/what does that mean?
            Presumably it's a "place an order by this date to guarantee a copy on (or before) street date, otherwise you might end up waiting a while for restock" sort of thing.

They've had something like this in place for figures, but for those it was a firm "order by this date or you don't get to order at all" deal. I would assume logically it's not quite the same thing for discs.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
              This is actually something that we have for internal use. It seems it got overlooked when the site update happened so we are now working to remove this from the item pages.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                Lastly, GET THE QUANTITY REMAINING COUNTER WORKING AGAIN.... Then I'll be fairly satisfied with the new site design.
                I remember one time when people were asking about the counters on ANN, Shawne K replied questioning the intentions of those who depended on the counters, as if it's keeping those customers from buying any titles earlier. It's been over a whole year now, so maybe they're staying skeptical for that reason and will never bring the counters back, which is very irritating.

Honestly, I don't tend to wait off on titles because I'm hoping for the price to drop. It's a simple matter of priorities. I do buy some hotly anticipated titles soon after they come out, but I just don't have the money to get every single thing I want in my collection that way. I've got to wait, and knowing what's going to go OOP sooner helps tremendously in not missing out on some moderately-high-priority titles I would regret not having. It's not a happy sight to have to go looking for the title through unfamiliar retailers, much more so when it is raised to ridiculous prices that completely discourages me from buying. There are a number of series from before the age of streaming that I discover late and really want to collect, but it's just too long ago for me to collect conveniently. I don't want to have to deal with that on newer titles (where it's much easier to know ahead of time whether I want to collect) on top of it all, and some can rather rapidly get in that situation when they're only officially available at a few retailers in the first place (like with Aniplex titles, where I've seen a number of complaints about titles going OOP stealthily already).
                Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-13-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I buy some titles immediately because I really want them, but there are those which I'm not too sure on and WHEN I see the counter go down I make a decision. It's not that I wait for it but not having them now is kind of hell to use TRSI, I've only used the website for like 2 orders in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                    I remember one time when people were asking about the counters on ANN, Shawne K replied questioning the intentions of those who depended on the counters, as if it's keeping those customers from buying any titles earlier. It's been over a whole year now, so maybe they're staying skeptical for that reason and will never bring the counters back, which is very irritating.

Honestly, I don't tend to wait off on titles because I'm hoping for the price to drop. It's a simple matter of priorities. I do buy some hotly anticipated titles soon after they come out, but I just don't have the money to get every single thing I want in my collection that way. I've got to wait, and knowing what's going to go OOP sooner helps tremendously in not missing out on some moderately-high-priority titles I would regret not having. It's not a happy sight to have to go looking for the title through unfamiliar retailers, much more so when it is raised to ridiculous prices that completely discourages me from buying. There are a number of series from before the age of streaming that I discover late and really want to collect, but it's just too long ago for me to collect conveniently. I don't want to have to deal with that on newer titles (where it's much easier to know ahead of time whether I want to collect) on top of it all, and some can rather rapidly get in that situation when they're only officially available at a few retailers in the first place (like with Aniplex titles, where I've seen a number of complaints about titles going OOP stealthily already).
                    I have a suspicion, which I don't think anyone from RS will want to officially comment upon, but I'll just put it out here: The reason why the counters are gone is because they were acting just as much as a beacon to resellers to scoop up the last 50-30 or so units of a particular release as to warn individual buyers that a title was low in stock and unlikely to be refilled anytime soon, if ever. So, the resellers bulk buy at the regular price and then create the situation EB outlines here above, of having to look at unfamiliar retailers offering the items at ridiculous prices (ridiculous compared to the regular retail prices when the title was in print. Obviously, when a title goes OOP, anyone is entitled to charge "whatever the market will bear" for a new, unopened copy. And we individual buyers are just as entitled to resent them for being the vultures they are).

It's not a happy situation all around as I've found it useful at times in the past to see a counter to make me finally come off the fence about wanting to buy a particular release or not. Not having counters anymore basically has just moved up this decision point—I now make a pretty much once-and-for-all decision about any title a few weeks before it streets: preorder, studio sale, or pass. The counters used to serve as a "second chance" to think about a title and now I simply don't do rethinks.
                    Last edited by Hitsugi Amachi; 07-13-2016, 11:50 AM.
                    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                      I have a suspicion, which I don't think anyone from RS will want to officially comment upon, but I'll just put it out here: The reason why the counters are gone is because they were acting just as much as a beacon to resellers to scoop up the last 50-30 or so units of a particular release as to warn individual buyers that a title was low in stock and unlikely to be refilled anytime soon, if ever. So, the resellers bulk buy at the regular price and then create the situation EB outlines here above, of having to look at unfamiliar retailers offering the items at ridiculous prices (ridiculous compared to the regular retail prices when the title was in print. Obviously, when a title goes OOP, anyone is entitled to charge "whatever the market will bear" for a new, unopened copy. And we individual buyers are just as entitled to resent them for being the vultures they are).
                      That's highly likely one reason, but I think it also goes the other way too, that benefits RS since they are in business as distributor/retailer. Because the counters would serve as a gauge for other resellers to buy in bulk, that would actually help RS as they'd want those sales and freed warehouse space. But that likely only happens toward the end life of a series' 'shelf life' (depending on popularity/supply), so between then, sales were likely moving at a glacial pace as everyone only kept their eyes open until the time was right/quantities decreasing.

Without the counters, RS is likely not holding on too much stock as people are encouraged to make purchases sooner than later. Early/sustained sales for RS is better than having the items sit in the warehouse gathering dust, only to start selling after months/years have passed when stock finally reached end-of-life.

So yeah, it could be that RS removed counters because of other resellers taking advantage of the system, but that feature really only benefited RS anyways toward the end. Really though, removing the counters helps RS move units in a timely manner. They probably don't care what happens to bulk purchases by other resellers, since anyone's free to do that; but they do like to see their warehouse humming along with moved units/sales on a consistent basis.

Comment

Is there a reason why the V Gundam BD went up in price, but if I put in the coupon code it drops to $4 less than what my current order has it? Can I get that coupon code applied to my preorder or do I need to make a new order with the coupon code and cancel the preorder I just made the other day?

Comment

^ Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to cancel your order and re-order with the coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                            ^ Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to cancel your order and re-order with the coupon.
                            Well that's kind of lame because I wanted the coupon on the $48 price not the $52 price. Oh well. Maybe I should just wait until Volume 2 is up for preorder and get both volumes in the same order to save on shipping instead and just cancel my current Volume 1 then.

Comment

lol Right Stuf, where you go to save and not save money at the same time...
                              @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                                lol Right Stuf, where you go to save and not save money at the same time...
                                It used to be that if an order hadn't had anything ship yet, they could modify an order. Now rules are a little stricter, but also more in line with other places. I COULD be wrong, but I thought somewhere in this thread, a similar situation happened as DeadlyMessiah's and the person was told to cancel and re-order to get a coupon discount.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X