Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Discotek's releases on DeepDiscount.com

Widgets Magazine
    Does anyone know if Discotek still distributes through Deep Discount? I've noticed a lot of their older and more recent-ish stuff seems to be out of stock there, and none of their newer or upcoming titles are listed at all. I've been able to pick up a couple of titles from last year, but no such luck on anything from January onwards.
    Deep Discount has pretty much been my sole port of call for US releases since Amazon started including import charges along with shipping. Looking at Rightstuf, their shipping to my part of the world is a bit on the pricey side too.
    I'm curious as to what's up, as it's been bugging me for a while now. I thought about enquiring on Discotek's twitter, but as I don't use social media at all I figured I'd ask around here instead.

After major problems at distributors last year (mainly Warner Music), Discotek is handling the distribution by themselves. They're only supplying directly to Amazon and Rightstuf at the moment. Justin Sevakis talks about the distribution issues in this video (12:00 - 15:05)

It's unfortunate because I used to get Discotek titles via WOW HD. Same owner as Deep Discount and usually cheaper.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 06-25-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Ah, that explains a lot. thanks for the link. Hopefully they'll be able to sort something out and get their stuff out to other retailers somewhere down the line.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X