• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
    I forgot to order...

I guess I saved money?

:/
    Well, this sale was quite a disappointment compared to that in previous years. And part of the reason is that the Funimation deals weren't as great as they were in previous seasons. It used to be that Funimation stuff was at least 50% off and good for stuff released through October. But for this sale, the discount is only 45% and good for stuff released through August.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Sentai's shop also tends to have better deals than Right Stuf. I was hoping for more Discotek titles, but I think there were only like... 6 offered the entire sale. I spent more on manga than I did on Blus.

Comment

• I saw something interesting, I looked at my past orders from Rightstuf by year.

2014 - 37 items
        2015 - 36 items
        2016 - 57 items
        2017 -57 items
        2018 - RightStuf 60 items - 55 animes/mangas Amazon -10 anime movies only
        2019 - RightStuf 11 items - 10 animes/mangas Amazon -17 animes/mangas

Just to give you an idea, most of it is because there wasn't enough good animes i'm interested in being released last year. also I don't normally buy without a good sale, since Got Anime discount doesn't seem to apply to sale items anymore I don't see anything changing in 2020 from 2019.
        Last edited by chrisc1978; 12-29-2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
          Sentai's shop also tends to have better deals than Right Stuf. I was hoping for more Discotek titles, but I think there were only like... 6 offered the entire sale. I spent more on manga than I did on Blus.
          lol Looking at Sentai's sale reminds me of the insane sale prices the old ADV Films shop had...
          @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

• In the end, it was a rather quiet holiday season for me as I just placed two orders, none of them involving Mega Deals.

Order 1
            Erased vol. 1: $75
            Erased vol. 2: $75
            Attack on Titan season 3 LE: $45

Order 2
            Maquia LE: $45
            Steins;Gate 0 LE: $45

So this sale put me out $285, which is much less than usual as I usually spend a lot more than that, but this list consists of just five items altogether and more than half that total was from the two Aniplex items that are rarely on sale. Seeing that I went crazy with Black Friday deals that it's probably a good thing I held back this time around. I still plan on spending some more, but it will come from the Sentai shop as I still haven't zeroed in on what I want at the moment, but as far as my Right Stuf haul this year, it's far less than it has been in the past, largely because of Funimation's deals not being as great as they have been in years past.
            Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
              lol Looking at Sentai's sale reminds me of the insane sale prices the old ADV Films shop had...
              Ah...those were the days...

Comment

• Yep, I remember when ADV had their 10 items for $50 sales, though back in the days shows were released as singles where it is three volumes per cour. Of course, times have changed.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X