X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMV.co.jp

Widgets Magazine
    Hello!

Does anyone have any experience ordering from HMV.co.jp? There's a present for someone (and one for me!) I'm trying to order via their English site and am having trouble at checkout. I enter my credit card and am told "Your credit company did not authorize the transaction." I enter my debit card and am told "Your credit company did not authorize the transaction." I click "Change Payment Option" and it takes me to choices that include Paypal... but I can't click on Paypal (or any other option). So... I can't pay for my cart?

Has anyone had any luck ordering from here? Getting immensely discouraged...

Thanks!

Originally posted by IamBoogiepop View Post
    Hello!

Does anyone have any experience ordering from HMV.co.jp? There's a present for someone (and one for me!) I'm trying to order via their English site and am having trouble at checkout. I enter my credit card and am told "Your credit company did not authorize the transaction." I enter my debit card and am told "Your credit company did not authorize the transaction." I click "Change Payment Option" and it takes me to choices that include Paypal... but I can't click on Paypal (or any other option). So... I can't pay for my cart?

Has anyone had any luck ordering from here? Getting immensely discouraged...

Thanks!
    Just checking, did you check with your credit card? Some credit cards automatically block foreign transactions and you have to TELL them, "It's REALLY ME making the order! Please allow this transaction to go through!"

Comment

I've ordered from them a bunch of times over the past like 7 or 8 years, and I've never had a payment issue.

Art-chan raises a good point, that your cards might be getting flagged because it's a transaction with an overseas company, and in particular because it's a first time purchase.

There's also the possibility that it's an issue with the transaction processing company that HMV uses. There was a period of a few years when CD Japan switched to a new transaction processing company, and the card I had used with them for years up to that point was suddenly effectively invalid because for some unknown reason the new company couldn't or wouldn't process it. If a similar issue is in play here, then there isn't a solution unfortunately.
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I used them monthly with my Capital One card up until about four years ago. (I just can?t fit imports into my budget now.) I never had trouble processing my orders beyond Capital One flagging my card for possible fraudulent activity. And it didn?t matter how many times that I asked them to ignore that site as possible fraud. But my charges always went through with them. I haven?t ordered since they merged with Loppi though.

Comment

I ordered a CD from them in the past year and I don't remember having any issues placing an order. I also see what you're talking about how you can only select Credit Card as the payment method even though there are many other options. My payment of choice is credit card though, so that's not necessarily an issue for me. I would contact your card issuer as others have suggested, and see if they can tell you why the transaction is being declined. Otherwise you might not have another option of paying for the order, outside using an intermediary like a friend or a buying service.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...