New RightStufAnime.com Sales & Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    I tried checking out with the coupon code, but as of this post, the items were either ineligible (unspecified in the listing) or the coupon has yet to be made live for those titles. I know there are 'select titles' that the coupon is applicable to, but there aren't any indications of which titles are not included in the sale. Would be helpful to detail the exceptions like before.
    For what it's worth, I've only ordered New Game!, but it was completely discounted after I used the code. I assume there's probably some cutoff release date as there's been with previous FUNi sales, but it would be good to specify what that is.

Also, another thing is that they may be part of the Valentine's sale, and you'll have to wait until they go off of those specials.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 02-15-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Is this price right? The Testament of Sister New Devil cost me $66.38, below is from the pdf file

704400014062 The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 LE Blu-Ray/DVD $82.98
      40% Off 40% Off Additional 20% off of your ordinary sales price, totaling your discount to 40% off MSRP! -20% ($16.60)

I bought for $172.83, I have to hold off on other Funi titles I want for next sale.
      The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 LE Blu-Ray/DVD
      Myriad Colors Phantom World Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
      Keijo!!!!!!!! Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
      Last edited by chrisc1978; 02-15-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

They raised the price on Testament of Sister New Devil LE back when it was announced as OOP.

Comment

Would be swell to know what the coupon works on. Not just pre-orders, but recent releases are ineligible, apparently. I miss the good old days.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Would be swell to know what the coupon works on. Not just pre-orders, but recent releases are ineligible, apparently. I miss the good old days.
            I used to be able to pre-order everything I wanted from Funimation for 40% off, now I have to wait about 4 months after it gets released for that price, I shouldn't complain because to buy Viz titles I have to wait for an in-stock sale just to get 32% off, that only happens like twice a year. and I might never own an Aniplex release.
            Keijo!!!!!!!! is the anime I wanted the most I didn't feel like waiting 3 or 4 more months to buy it just to save $14.65 more, maybe.

Comment

Going for Gold Weekend Sale - Save Up to 40% Off!

Comment

So in breaking down the sale, here are my notes and observations as to what's on sale and how much are discounted:

- Only items released up through December 2017 are part of the sale.
                - Everything released from June through December 2017 is 46% off with Got Anime, 40% off without.
                - All TV series shows released through May 2017 is 50% off, with or without Got Anime.
                - All movies released during the eligible time period are 46% off with Got Anime, 40% off without (i.e. movies released up through May 2017 carry the same discount as recent releases).
                - OOP stuff in the Iron-Blooded Orphans LE, Testament of Sister New Devil LE are only discounted 20% off.

It's not cut and dry anymore how the Funimation sale works, so I added various things in my cart and then removing them to see how exactly the sale was going to work. It used to be that everything was 40% off and 46% for Got Anime members, but things have changed quite a lot now that Funimation isn't in complete charge of making these marketing decisions anymore. Their partnership with NBC Universal was the first domino that put an end to sales for all preorders and recent stuff, and now Sony Pictures is the one in charge of these decisions. And with these power players in control of marketing that everything needs to be done on their terms. Pretty much, only Sentai, Discotek, and Right Stuf/Nozomi are the only ones still doing these regular sales for everything like in the past as far as anime distributors go, and in the case of Sentai I'm buying more stuff from their store during their flash sales (though their products are still fulfilled through the same Iowa warehouse).

Anyway, since I didn't buy as much as I thought I would during the holiday sales with the discount not being as great as it was in years past that I have quite a lot of stuff I could potentially get. Not to mention, the stuff released before May is at the same price as it was at the holiday sales. So add the Stuf Bucks into the mix, and I'm sure to pick up something seeing that in the past I would either preorder the show if it's a LE that I feel is going to sell out before the next sale, or I just wait for the holidays.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

^ Thanks for the breakdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                    So in breaking down the sale, here are my notes and observations as to what's on sale and how much are discounted:

- Only items released up through December 2017 are part of the sale.
                    - Everything released from June through December 2017 is 46% off with Got Anime, 40% off without.
                    - All TV series shows released through May 2017 is 50% off, with or without Got Anime.
                    - All movies released during the eligible time period are 46% off with Got Anime, 40% off without (i.e. movies released up through May 2017 carry the same discount as recent releases).
                    - OOP stuff in the Iron-Blooded Orphans LE, Testament of Sister New Devil LE are only discounted 20% off.
                    Speed Racer BD/DVD CE is $231.98 (33% off after coupon) with or without Got Anime.

Comment

Yeah... these "Funimation sales" are basically worthless to me now. I may just start pre-ordering Funimation releases from Amazon as soon as they're available, since at least I'll get the lowest price for them from there.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I think I will start buying more Funi Save and Classics editions. I have been putting off these animes that i am kinda interested in but didn't want to spend much on. I just ordered.

Date A Live Season 1 Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition $14.99
                        Is This A Zombie? DVD/BD Complete Series - Anime Classics $24.29
                        Is This A Zombie? of the Dead DVD/BD - Anime Classics $26.99
                        Aria the Scarlet Ammo Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition $14.99
                        Strike Witches The Movie Blu-ray/DVD $17.47
                        Strike Witches Season 1 Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition $13.49
                        Strike Witches Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition $13.49

Total: $125.73

Comment

PRESIDENT'S DAY SALE - Up to 40% OFF TODAY ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                            The last time I talked to a CS rep I was told that I wouldn't be able to stack a birthday month coupon code with the promotional GA Stuf Bucks.
                            Do you know who you talked to so I can discuss? I will make sure the customer service manager knows to discuss in their upcoming meeting. Stuf bucks can be stacked with anything.
                            Shawne Kleckner
                            President/CEO
                            The Right Stuf International, Inc.
                            www.rightstuf.com
                            [email protected]
                            Become a minion of the Dark Lord today! http://www.facebook.com/shawnekleckner

PLEASE DO NOT PM me - send an e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                              The main search was rebuilt to show only items that the coupon will apply to. I apologize that some items are not eligible. This is due to a changed policy at the vendor level. We do what we can.
                              Shawne Kleckner
                              President/CEO
                              The Right Stuf International, Inc.
                              www.rightstuf.com
                              [email protected]
                              Become a minion of the Dark Lord today! http://www.facebook.com/shawnekleckner

PLEASE DO NOT PM me - send an e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnek View Post
                                Do you know who you talked to so I can discuss? I will make sure the customer service manager knows to discuss in their upcoming meeting. Stuf bucks can be stacked with anything.
                                Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the representative, but the call was placed February 7th at 2:21 PM EST.

Edit: I don't know if it will make a difference, but I was trying to apply the code to an existing order placed on February 5th. I already used the Stuf Bucks on the order, but forgot to try that particular promo code at the same time.
                                Last edited by Mc-Taz; 02-19-2018, 01:48 PM.
                                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X