Widgets Magazine

New RightStufAnime.com Sales & Specials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone cares, the next sale is for Discotek, Stonebridge Press and Manga Entertainment. I DEFINITELY won't renew my membership now. Not even DISCOTEK gets 46% off anymore! Manga is laughable. It's NOT EVEN 25% off! Well, not that they've released anything in years so it's not really a huge deal. I'll just save my money for the inevitable holiday sales.

Comment

• It's unfortunate. I will be waiting for real studio sales to make a return as well. It's funny because just a little over a year ago I was pre-ordering just about every release I was interested in indiscriminately, but now I find it difficult to even get excited for these Weekly sales. There has been less reason for me to go to RightStuf's site on a regular basis, which is something I used to do nearly daily. I have to imagine that they have to be feeling a hit in sales if this is happening with a bigger portion of the market than just those of us who pay close attention to sales. Of course my assumption could be wrong, and they could still be doing quite well.

Hopefully the holiday sales won't disappoint too. Something has to make up for this change in discounting, since I have a whole lot more to order now than I did in previous years. I used to struggle to find things that I didn't already own from the year's releases by the time the holidays made it around, but that shouldn't be a problem at all this time. It's going to be a tough decision to make whether I want to continue my Got Anime membership when it comes time for renewal.
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

• I used to check RS daily, but I just end up feeling sad when I do now. It's SO WEIRD to have LESS THAN 5 open orders!! It's basically leftover orders from when sales were actually good...and the Aria Kickstarter order. There are daily deals, but for the most part they've been ...meh. I would LIKE to see daily deals at 50% off like with a few Gundam that they've had, but I can't see that happening often except around the holidays and their birthday sale period. Depending on how the holidays go, this could be very painful, or ...other places will get my money instead.

Comment

• Yeah, this sale is the death knell of Got Anime to me. I won't be renewing my membership since it looks pretty useless now.

Comment

• Yeah, it used to be something I would check frequently, but now a days, these sales just aren't as great as they once were. That's what happens when megacorporations dictate the terms and conditions of these sales. Got Anime is increasingly useless as not only does it cost more now, but the discounts aren't as big as they used to be and it's usable on fewer items. There's supposed to be more value to it in other ways, but I'm just not seeing it.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
            Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              There's supposed to be more value to it in other ways, but I'm just not seeing it.
              I'm not seeing any value either. I know megacorporations are mostly to blame, but other places know how to use a membership to make it worth my money. Tokyo Otaku Mode just rolled out a yearly membership for $60, BUT they GIVE you $75 in store credit, so it PAYS for itself when you buy it! Why can't RS offer something like that? A membership would hold more value to me if you got points every time you made on a purchase EVEN heavily discounted items like Tokyo Otaku Mode does. Members are GUARANTEED at LEAST 2% in store credit and they have special events where premium members get better offers than non-members.

I need a Tokyo Otaku Mode for Anime exclusive stuff...yeah. RS used to be that place, but not anymore.

RS did roll out a beta "share your wish list" thingy for Got Anime members, but that's completely useless for me because I would NEVER tell ANYONE I know what Anime to buy for me because it's so dang fluid with me. I'd rather get an Amazon gift card or something and handle the buying myself. (I'm the only Anime inclined person in my family. I've TRIED to get my family into Anime, only to have it fail epically. )

Comment

• Hate to say it, as I know there's a lot of stuff beyond RS's control, but I find myself waiting for the Sentai and Funi sales from their respective sites now, as they feature great discounts RS has rarely come close to. I even find myself using Tokyo Otaku Mode for Aniplex titles now, since with their occasional massive member points offers, I build up ridiculous credit and then buy pre-orders at their identical 20%-off pre-order price or wait for even bigger site-wide discounts, and in the long run I end up getting them for quite a bit cheaper. It's rare that I'll touch Aniplex titles I might otherwise be interested in via RS, since they're never discounted and obviously way above the price I'd dump on a billion other shows.

I still buy from RS, especially for truly exclusive stuff, and I'm more likely to pre-order manga compared to anime from them, but I agree it's a bit sad to see the times changing in terms of how they're offering their sales and how much us mega buyers (if I even qualify compared to some of you guys, haha) can save. Maybe RS makes out better this way in the long run due to more casual buyers though, and as we're all aware the industry has been changing little by little over time so maybe there's not much they can do. I still trust RS's customer service over anyone (and I won't even shop via Amazon now given how awful their shipping "protection" is), and I'd like to continue to support them, but my wallet has been venturing elsewhere the past couple of years whereas it rarely has before. :{

My GA just ran out too, though I imagine I'll renew it the next time it would save me money. I agree though that it's not as impressive as it once was, and it's rare that I see GA-exclusive sales that actually interest me. I doubt many of us more dedicated buyers usually wait a year or two and pass up previous sales in order to be enticed by what's usually offered by them.
                Last edited by Spoofer; 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Blind Box 2-Day Sale - Save Up To 20% Off!

Comment

• I have been out of the loop. Is Rightstuf no longer doing Studio sales? I am not on the site that often so I sometimes miss sales. I have been waiting for another Discotek sale. I might jump on this, but money might be a little tight to make a big order.
                    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
                      I have been out of the loop. Is Rightstuf no longer doing Studio sales? I am not on the site that often so I sometimes miss sales. I have been waiting for another Discotek sale. I might jump on this, but money might be a little tight to make a big order.
                      Discotek is part of this week's Weekly Specials

Comment

I have been out of the loop. Is Rightstuf no longer doing Studio sales? I am not on the site that often so I sometimes miss sales. I have been waiting for another Discotek sale. I might jump on this, but money might be a little tight to make a big order.
                        Studio Sales and Weekly Specials are combined instead of separated now. Since the holiday sales are coming up, you might be better off waiting because Discotek no longer gets 46% off with Got Anime. (It's like 43% or something).

Comment

• Does Weekly sales still switch every Thursday? Is there a way to predict when a Discotek sale is around the corner?
                          Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                          Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Does Weekly sales still switch every Thursday? Is there a way to predict when a Discotek sale is around the corner?
                            Weekly specials now switch on Sundays. I'm not sure how they decide what is on sale or not anymore.

---

I somehow got a 15% off scratch card! These work nice with preorders so I might get a few things...
                            DVD/Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Schaef View Post

Weekly specials now switch on Sundays. I'm not sure how they decide what is on sale or not anymore.

---

I somehow got a 15% off scratch card! These work nice with preorders so I might get a few things...
                              Thanks. This is good to know. Yeah it's tough when the Studio Sales aren't more predictable. Before you could predict the sequence. I would still participate in Discotek sales, but it helps to know when they are coming. I dropped less this time since there are some other sales going on/coming up like Barnes&Noble's Criterion sale and Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday Sale.

I get the email updates, but with all of the emails I get, sale announcements can get missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Studio Sales and Weekly Specials are combined instead of separated now. Since the holiday sales are coming up, you might be better off waiting because Discotek no longer gets 46% off with Got Anime. (It's like 43% or something).
                                Though IIRC Discotek items didn't show up in the holiday sale last year, so it could be best for us to snag whatever savings we can, when we can.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X