Widgets Magazine

New RightStufAnime.com Sales & Specials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yep, the good old days were quite a great time to be an anime fan. Back then, Right Stuf used to call all the shots there, but times have really changed quite a lot since then, and most notably those shots are being called for them, whether it be Aniplex with their demands to sell everything at their exorbitant prices, Sony Picture (and for awhile, NBC Universal) deciding how things can be handled for Funimation's catalog, or Warner dictating how much Viz anime can be sold for, things are just out of Right Stuf's hands these days, and that unfortunately means those good old days come to an end.

    Anyway, I don't think I need anything from the Yen Press sale. I bought some things from them previously, but nothing recently since I generally don't buy manga.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

    Comment


    • Take a Chance One-Day Sale! Save Up to 80% Off!

      Comment


      • The Got Anime email from today states a sale is ending today. It doesn't explain which though, it's merely sandwiched between two sales banners within the email. (Yen Press and Anthropomorphic sales.) Is it one? Is it the other? Is it both? Please stop with this anti-consumer convenience strategy and just provide us with end dates to the sales. This is ridiculous.
        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
          The Got Anime email from today states a sale is ending today. It doesn't explain which though, it's merely sandwiched between two sales banners within the email. (Yen Press and Anthropomorphic sales.) Is it one? Is it the other? Is it both? Please stop with this anti-consumer convenience strategy and just provide us with end dates to the sales. This is ridiculous.
          The Anthropomorphic Weekly Specials ends today. We tried to make that clear with the 'Last Day' notification being within the same red outline that the Anthropomorphic Weekly Specials banner is in, but I'll pass your feedback on to our design team to try to get that clarified for next time. Thanks for pointing this out to us.

          Comment


          • Thank you for clarifying that. The issue is that the sale ending banner takes on the same shape as the Yen Press sale triangles above it as well. While it looks good for the sake of visual continuance, it just lead to confusion on my part. Being that Thursday is one of the chief new sales days for RightStuf, I didn't want to take the chance.
            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
              Thank you for clarifying that. The issue is that the sale ending banner takes on the same shape as the Yen Press sale triangles above it as well. While it looks good for the sake of visual continuance, it just lead to confusion on my part. Being that Thursday is one of the chief new sales days for RightStuf, I didn't want to take the chance.
              I completely understand and appreciate you saying something. I'm sure you weren't the only person that ready it that way so we'll do our best to come up with something to try to eliminate confusion next time.

              Comment


              • JAST Sale - Save Up To 33% Off

                Video Game Weekly Specials - Save Up To 40% Off

                Comment


                • Yeah, it's pretty frustrating that the sale end dates have disappeared ever since Right Stuf transitioned into the new website about two years ago as there's just no reasonable explanation for what that is (most likely it's the result of being lazy more so than anything). Short of that, it would be quite helpful if either the sale end date is embedded into the image of the corresponding sale or it says the sale X ends on day Y, rather than having it as is where it has a separate banner with only the sale ending date. But placing it between two sales with nothing to indicate which sale it applies to, that's problematic.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                  Comment


                  • Well, looks like today's the last day for Yen Press' sale either way, so get your orders in if you're interested.

                    What confuses me is that I received this email, after the order containing this item already shipped, and has also been in stock for some time at the website already.
                    We just wanted to let you know that the release date for: Wolf and Parchment Novel Volume 2, item number: 9781975326203, on your order #xxxxxxx has been changed from 4/24/2018 to 5/8/2018. If you have any questions about this change, please contact our anime-zing customer care team by logging into your account at rightstufanime.com and submitting a case.
                    Maybe it's just an official change for some specific reason even though stock has already reached some retailers/rightstuf which is already shipping out. I just thought it was odd to get that after my item has shipped.
                    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                      Maybe it's just an official change for some specific reason even though stock has already reached some retailers/rightstuf which is already shipping out. I just thought it was odd to get that after my item has shipped.
                      I got a similar email in today about Eclair being delayed from 5/8 to 6/5, though it's something I already knew about since the latter date was showing on Yen's website when I checked a few weeks ago or so. Since Right Stuf tends to get Yen stuff in around two weeks before the official release date, not too odd that it was already shipping though I agree the email does feel unnecessary at that point.

                      Comment


                      • FUNIMATION SALE - Over 200 Items, Up to 54% Off~

                        Comment


                        • I have been holding off buying a number of these Funimation releases waiting for something like this to happen. There are quite a number of things that I figure to get from this sale as it's 54% off, which is better than what it went for in the last holiday sales.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                          Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            I have been holding off buying a number of these Funimation releases waiting for something like this to happen. There are quite a number of things that I figure to get from this sale as it's 54% off, which is better than what it went for in the last holiday sales.
                            Is there extra savings for Got Anime members?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                              Is there extra savings for Got Anime members?
                              Nope.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                                Is there extra savings for Got Anime members?
                                No extra savings. It's another non-studio sale, publisher sale. Select titles only, and acts as a Weekly Sale would.
                                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

                                Comment

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

                                Channels

                                Collapse

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X