Home Is Where The Anime Is!

No Promo Code Required!

Shop Now!

Discotek & Eastern Star Sale!

At Least 40% off DVDs and Blu-rays

Promo Code: DISCO-17

Shop Now!

3-Day Blind Box Sale!

It's no mystery why our Blind Boxes are so popular! Save up to 35% OFF!

Shop Now!

Gundam Giveawy Contest!

IT'S A GUNDAM - Contest!

By entering this drawing you'll have a chance to escape earth and join the human race as they explore space with a Mobile Suit Gundam V Collection 1 Blu-Ray but we're not stopping there! This contest you'll also receive After War Gundam X Collection 1 on DVD after the earth is devastated by war you can escape with Garrod Ran and Tiffa as they uncover a new mobile suit named "Gundam X". This contest is truly the best of both worlds!

Entries will be accepted until November 16th!

Enter Here!

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
    Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

3-Day Veterans Day Sale! Save Up to 40%

Comment

YEN PRESS SALE! Save at least 33% OFF Manga, Novels & Books

Comment

I could definitely use a Yen Press sale, but seeing that Got Anime is now only applying 5% off for all of their titles, including ones released years ago, I'll have to reconsider my purchasing habits when it comes to these sales. This seems to be true for other publishers' titles as well now. I might have to start being more selective on what I'm ordering. The value of a Got Anime membership seems to be on a constant decline.
        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
          I could definitely use a Yen Press sale, but seeing that Got Anime is now only applying 5% off for all of their titles, including ones released years ago, I'll have to reconsider my purchasing habits when it comes to these sales. This seems to be true for other publishers' titles as well now. I might have to start being more selective on what I'm ordering. The value of a Got Anime membership seems to be on a constant decline.
          For what it's worth, you can now stack promo codes, and Right Stuf currently has a "Kindness Day" promo that is good until tomorrow, so I was able to get 40% off on my Yen order as I used to. I'm not sure how often opportunities like that will be available, though, and it's still doesn't change the fact GA itself doesn't count as much for books which I'm bitter about (I wonder if I'll even be be able to make up for the cost of renewing it next year since I'm not a heavy buyer of anime outside the holidays where GA can't be used).

Comment

And the final sale before the holidays is for Yen Press. I have nothing I need to get, so let's bring on the holidays. It all starts next week.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
            Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hey, Rightstuf! Maybe you should ask Got Anime members what they're looking for in a membership. I'm not the only one unhappy with how sales have become so maybe it's time to ASK for feedback to see what people want out of Got Anime memberships. Personally, I want bigger discounts. If you're going to cut the discounts maybe you should look into a points system. (For example, on Tokyo Otaku Mode you earn "TOM Points" that you can use as discounts toward items. Maybe make it so only Got Anime members can get those sort of discounts to encourage people to buy memberships.) Stuf like that.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                For what it's worth, you can now stack promo codes, and Right Stuf currently has a "Kindness Day" promo that is good until tomorrow, so I was able to get 40% off on my Yen order as I used to. I'm not sure how often opportunities like that will be available, though, and it's still doesn't change the fact GA itself doesn't count as much for books which I'm bitter about (I wonder if I'll even be be able to make up for the cost of renewing it next year since I'm not a heavy buyer of anime outside the holidays where GA can't be used).
                True, that's a very good point. Being able to stack the Kindness code like that with the Yen Press code will be very helpful in this instance. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. In all fairness I still get way more than $18 out of my Got Anime discounts throughout the year, so it continues to pay for itself easily. It's just that if everything takes half the discount amount you will have to spend twice as much to clear the threshold than previously. It just bothers me when the reduction is applied across the board as it is. If I ordered some of these books a year ago during a sale they would have made the full discount amount with no issues.

Also to RightStuf's credit is that even with half the Got Anime discount amount, they often still tend to be the cheapest option for a lot of items. However there have been a lot more times recently where I've gone outside of RightStuf and ended up with better prices, which I kind of feel is unfortunate. In years past I've been able to almost exclusively shop at RightStuf for anime and manga, save for rare instances where they no longer carried an item.

Another thing in their favor is their customer service. When I called in and spoke to a representative last night, not only were they courteous and patient, but they genuinely were willing to go the extra mile to try to help me out and make sure I was satisfied. It reminded me of how I try to take care of people at my own job, and the attention to detail was definitely appreciated. Granted this may vary depending on who you end up speaking with when you call or send in an email, but my experience with this rep only strengthened my desire to continue my dedication as a customer. This is really important considering some of their biggest sales are on the horizon.

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                Hey, Rightstuf! Maybe you should ask Got Anime members what they're looking for in a membership. I'm not the only one unhappy with how sales have become so maybe it's time to ASK for feedback to see what people want out of Got Anime memberships. Personally, I want bigger discounts.
                I concur with the dissatisfaction in some respects, but maybe my comments earlier were in part influenced by other stressful situations I've had lately. And I believe they did reach out to people earlier this year to see what kind of things they would like to see in Got Anime. (And attempt to hunt for a new name to refresh the program with under similar circumstances.) I feel like the responses they received in this process have helped create a few of the new benefits now available to us all, but at the same time I understand that I didn't really have a lot of, or even useful, suggestions when it came time to present answers. My suggestions in the past primarily focused on improving the website experience, as up to that point I was overall happy with the Got Anime program in its incarnation at the time.

I agree though that I don't like seeing the discounts diminish. It's great that they can offer more variety when it comes to discounts in this way, but I think most people will prefer the larger discounts and find them more beneficial, as you do. As an example, they say that they are able to offer discounts on figures because they can reduce the discount in other areas, but then there's a rather large shipping surcharge being tacked onto any figure purchases which far outweighs any benefit seen by the discount. Maybe all the years of taking advantage of the free shipping benefit are finally catching up to me.

And to finish this with less than optimal tact, as I am good at some times. Holy crap I just wrote an essay!
                TL;DR, At times I find myself unhappy with the battle for the best prices at RightStuf, but in the end I think they are doing what they can, and I am not without my own faults either.
                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I'm a few days late on posting for the "Kindness" sale specifically, but since getting back into the anime scene a few weeks ago I've noticed that while their 5% deals are exceedingly common (got a few from Kickstarter rewards, one for my birthday, one as a scratch-off prize, etc.), I've never gotten one to stack with other %-based studio sale discounts. Not entirely unexpected. I've gotten overlapping studio sales to work, and straight dollar discounts from the catalog, which are at least convenient and better than nothing.

Comment

3-Day Royalty Sale! Up to 40% off

Comment

Is it just me, or is the website down right now??

Comment

Yes, it hasn't been working for a few hours at least for me.

Comment

OK, at least it's not just me then.

Comment

Site is back for me but I get an error whenever I try to log in. Then of course the Fandom Post site started not responding, loading slow. I guess we can only have 1 site at a time.

Comment

Looks like everything is back to normal now. Yay!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X