RightStuf 2016 Holiday Sales Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RightStuf 2016 Holiday Sales Thread

Okay, so the regular items are done, but Mega Deals will carry on? What do we think the likelihood of Gundam ZZ Part 2 popping up is? Kind of throwing me off that only Part 1 is on offer, and I kind of don't want to grab one half right now if I'm unlikely to get the other...

Comment

For the final day of new items, I'm potentially interested in Barakamon, Rolling Girls, Tonari no Seki-kun, Sakurasou, and World Conquest Zvezda Plot, but neither of these are likely purchases. So with that, I pretty much can call it quits early for this year's holiday sales as the only way I'm going to order more stuff is if a mega deal comes for a couple of recent Funimation releases, which I'm not expecting to see given the stuff that had been selected for the discount that even includes a S.A.V.E. release. And even so, none of these titles are going to be the next things from today's new items will be purchased should that happen.

And I wonder if the ultimate mega-deal is going to be back at the end of the mega-deals just like with what happened last year? I knew that it was meant to be a joke more than anything as having someone actually buying it is as likely as getting struck by lightning twice, but still it's something that's good for laughs seeing that it includes both BD and DVD versions of the same show.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

So that's it, then? *whew* I made it!! I got fewer items from the past few years, but I actually spent more, I think :x Some items didn't drop as low as previous sales, and fortunately, some stuff that were priority (but pricey) wants, did NOT show up this sale! My wallet, very strapped at the end of this year, is saved!! I am happy with what few things I did pick up, though

Comment

So only about 3000 items after all is said and done. I don't know how I survived.

Day 22 doesn't have much I need, but I am considering those Haikyu!! manga volumes from the Limited Time Offers. It looks like the GWPs might only be with the singles, which is annoying.

Let's see what the remaining Mega Deals bring. I really haven't bought that much in terms of quantity, but it's been entirely expensive LEs that I passed on at higher prices, so I still spent quite a few hundreds on top of all my regular purchases.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          Fandom Post Radio

Comment

You will receive the GWP regardless of whether you buy the singles or the bundles.
            Shawne Kleckner
            President/CEO
            The Right Stuf International, Inc.
            www.rightstuf.com
            [email protected]
            Become a minion of the Dark Lord today! http://www.facebook.com/shawnekleckner

PLEASE DO NOT PM me - send an e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnek View Post
              You will receive the GWP regardless of whether you buy the singles or the bundles.
              Well never mind then! Might have to grab that. Thanks, Shawne.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Today's Mega Deal (http://www.rightstufanime.com/holida...days-Mega-Deal)
                Code:
                The Disappearance Of Nagato Yuki-Chan Blu-Ray/DVD 
                Retail Price: $64.98
                Your Price: $32.49

Comment

Hey, that's great. I'll probably pick up that Mega Deal with a couple other things. I opted to not go for the Ultimate Collectors set since I have everything on DVD already, with Disappearance of Haruhi being on Blu-ray. This is the only piece I really needed from the franchise. I wasn't really too pressed with the desire of having the first and second seasons on Blu-ray, and the same goes for Haruhi-chan/Nyoron Churuya. So today's Mega Deal works for me for that reason.
                  Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                  Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Code:
                    A Town Where You Live Blu-Ray 
                    Retail Price: $59.99
                    Your Price: $29.99

Comment

Have everything narrowed down to about $350 U.S. now!

So I still gotta do a little more tree trimming before I place my one big order.

Too tired tonight to continue, guess I'll look over my lists tomorrow and make a final decision. Probably no rush since I doubt there'll be any Cdn. shipments out of R.S. until the weekend anyways.

J. A.
                      Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                      Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                      Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                      Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Code:
                        Maria The Virgin Witch Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Retail Price: $64.98
                        Your Price: $32.49

Comment

My most recent orders just shipped out and that ought to put an end to holiday sale squeeze barring any mega deals that I want. To summarize my damage (and a more detailed report is coming once the holiday sales are over), I bought the Nozaki-kun PE, Hakkenden season 2 (BD), Detroit Metal City (BD), Kamisama Kiss 2, Evangelion 3.33, Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV (BD), Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (LE), Psycho-Pass Movie, Nagi no Asukara (PE), Selector Infected WIXOSS (LE), Selector Spread WIXOSS, and Log Horizon season 2, and altogether that costs me $428. And a good portion of my orders came from other places as I only placed three orders for a total of six items from Right Stuf. In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for any other mega deals that I might go for, and if there is one I have a few things I might get to reach the free shipping quota.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

*sigh* I'm sitting at potentially spending $1000. Aniplex stuff takes up nearly $500 of that. I can probably skip Expelled from Paradise. And I don't reeeeallllly need to own Nisekoi and upgrade my Gurren Lagann DVDs...
                            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Forgot to mention, but placed my first order from the holiday sale two days ago (gotta get them Stuf Bucks). Picked up both volumes of Persona 4 Golden which set me back $120. Waiting out the rests of the sale as I keep an eye out for any mega deals that I want.

Will likely place one or two more orders before the sale ends (when is that anyways). My to-buy list has significantly decreased compared to previous holiday sales. Guess all the shopping spree's from the past sales has finally caught me up with most titles I really have to own. Most of the remainder of the of the titles I'm thinking about getting this holiday sale are pretty mid to low on my priority list.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                                *sigh* I'm sitting at potentially spending $1000. Aniplex stuff takes up nearly $500 of that. I can probably skip Expelled from Paradise. And I don't reeeeallllly need to own Nisekoi and upgrade my Gurren Lagann DVDs...
                                I don't buy Aniplex animes, as good as a few of them are it doesn't make sense to spend $200 or so when the same number of episode animes from orher companys most of the time cost under $70
                                Last edited by chrisc1978; 12-15-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X