X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RightStuf.com 2015 Holiday Sales Thread

Originally posted by Dennis_Mullin View Post
    Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
    And no sooner than my reply to you Dennis than my shipping notice arrived last night!
    So ordered - Dec. 16th (actually after midnight CST Dec. 17th)
    Shipping notice - Dec. 19th. (early last night)
    So I'm guessing it's going out today. Fed Ex notification still to come.
    Maybe. But since we're Canadians, at this point it just means your box has reached the shipping dock and has been added to the stack going to Canada. When the stack gets big enough then away it goes ...

But even if it ships out as late as Tuesday, odds are still good (for you) that it will arrive before Christmas.
    And you were dead on yet again Dennis. Just received my FedEx shipping/tracking notice at 1 P.M. today. Stating that it's just now shipping out and is scheduled to arrive at my place on the 24th. Good thing I'm not planning anything for Christmas Eve.

J. A.
    Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
    Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
    Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
    Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

I'd get it, but I still need to adjust my cart before I order and I'm trying to wait until the 27th if possible, unless if there's a REALLY good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
        Yah I guess I've gotta learn one of these days how to use EBay or Amazon.ca's marketplace. I must have 60 or more of these older boxsets and series just gathering dust in the basement. Everything from the old Galforce movie collection to Kenshin to you name it. About half of them out of print now. Maybe some time in the winter when I can spare the time.
        You could sell them here as well...

Comment

12/23 only

Turn A Gundam Movies DVD TODAY'S MEGA DEAL! Your Price: $24.99

Comment

12/24 only

Hayate the Combat Butler: Heaven is a Place on Earth Blu-ray TODAY'S MEGA DEAL! Your Price: $19.99

Hayate the Combat Butler: Heaven is a Place on Earth DVD TODAY'S MEGA DEAL! Your Price: $14.99

---EDIT---

Action MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
            Black Bullet Blu-ray, Gatchaman the Movie Blu-ray, Code:Breaker Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
            Comedy MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
            D-Frag Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD, Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Blu-ray, Rail Wars DVD
            Horror MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
            Beyond the Boundary Blu-ray, Sankarea: Undying Love Blu-ray/DVD, Is This a Zombie? of the Dead Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics
            Romance MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
            Blue Spring Ride Blu-ray, The World is Still Beautiful Blu-ray, Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Blu-ray
            Sci-Fi MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
            Mobile Suit Gundam Collection 01 Blu-ray, Brynhildr in the Darkness Blu-ray, Mazinger Edition Z The Impact! Complete Series DVD
            Last edited by WTK; 12-24-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              12/24 only

Comedy MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
              D-Frag Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD, Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Blu-ray, Rail Wars DVD
              Romance MEGA BUNDLE Your Price: $99.99
              Blue Spring Ride Blu-ray, The World is Still Beautiful Blu-ray, Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Blu-ray
              Amusing that Invaders of the Rokujyoma is in two bundles. Surprised Beyond the Boundary isn't in the romance and comedy bundles, too.

YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SAFE! These bundles were what I was expecting since the start of the sale. Now I want to see something crazy on December 27, like all of Sword Art Online for $200 or Expelled From Paradise for $19.95.

Comment

Originally posted by Hrld View Post
                Now I want to see something crazy on December 27, like all of Sword Art Online for $200 ...
                Why pay more?
                You can already get Sword Art Online (all 4 parts) + the Extra edition for $189.90 ...

May be for the 2016 Xmas specials after Aniplex finishes releasing Sword Art Online II.

Comment

Yes, all of Sword Art Online means whatever is available now. The bundle you mentioned and Sword Art Online II for $200. I'd like to see something crazy like that on December 27th.
                  Last edited by Hrld; 12-24-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

The romance bundle would interest me if it had something I wanted to own in place of World is Still Beautiful... and if the discount was better. At only 44.4% off, might as well wait for the next Sentai studio sale. I probably should have gotten Rokujyoma when it was a Mega Deal.

Comment

12/25 only

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash! Blu-ray/DVD TODAY'S MEGA DEAL! Your Price: $32.49

Comment

Okay, so two quick questions: Is ALL of Patlabor worthwhile, or just some? From looking at what's on sale, I see the TV show, OVA set, 3 movies, and "The New Files".

Also, I currently have and enjoyed the original Tenchi OVAs. If I were to try branching out and trying a little more of the series, say potentially another set or two, what would people recommend tackling next?

Comment

Originally posted by Mank View Post
                          Also, I currently have and enjoyed the original Tenchi OVAs. If I were to try branching out and trying a little more of the series, say potentially another set or two, what would people recommend tackling next?
                          The third OVA series (titled "Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki" by FUNimation) is the continuation of the OVA's, but I don't think it's that well regarded. I myself have only watched it once, and I can't really remember much of interest about it at this point.

The only thing on sale that I would recommend is Tenchi Universe. I thought it's a pretty good series that holds up well. The movies are my favorite thing after the original OVAs, but they're not on sale right now and the first and third movies are follow-ups of Tenchi Universe. The rest I would definitely say "try before you buy". Tenchi in Tokyo is looked down on, but I think I still kind of liked it last I saw of it. Anything produced for the franchise from the 00s onward has been unmemorable to me to some degree or the other. Even the spin-offs, like Magical Project S and Dual (both sadly OOP), were best in the 90s.
                          Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-25-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                            The third OVA series (titled "Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki" by FUNimation) is the continuation of the OVA's, but I don't think it's that well regarded. I myself have only watched it once, and I can't really remember much of interest about it at this point.

The only thing on sale that I would recommend is Tenchi Universe. I thought it's a pretty good series that holds up well. The movies are my favorite thing after the original OVAs, but they're not on sale right now and the first and third movies are follow-ups of Tenchi Universe. The rest I would definitely say "try before you buy". Tenchi in Tokyo is looked down on, but I think I still kind of liked it last I saw of it. Anything produced for the franchise from the 00s onward has been unmemorable to me to some degree or the other. Even the spin-offs, like Magical Project S and Dual (both sadly OOP), were best in the 90s.
                            Thanks a ton for the in depth response! I think I'll try to squeeze Tenchi Universe into my final order, in that case!

Comment

I will second Tenchi Universe. I definitely loved that one. Tenchi in Tokyo doesn't exist. Nope...not even a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post

Thanks a ton for the in depth response! I think I'll try to squeeze Tenchi Universe into my final order, in that case!
                                Yeah, Tenchi Universe is definitely worth getting if you need something. As for Tenchi in Tokyo, it started out being funny but it rubbed off as the show went on.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                                Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                                Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X