Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funimation.com Shop

Widgets Magazine
    No one has created a thread about Funimation.com's shop, so I felt like I should create one so people can post any news, deals, questions or any comments they had on Funimation's shop.
    I created some basic FAQ that I've seen or heard about. If there are any other questions, hoepfully I can help find the answer and add it to this list. I hope this can help others.

What is the Funimation.com Shop
    The Funimation Shop is an online store created by Funimation to sell their merchandise that includes Blu-rays, DVD, apparel, and Elite Video Membership to their streaming service.

What payment methods does Funimation Shop accept?
    Funimation Shop accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover credit cards, PayPal, and Funimation.com gift cards. They do not accept cash, money orders or checks.
    Source

Where can Funimation Shop ship to?
    Funimation Shop will only sell and ship to the USA and Canada.
    Source

How much is shipping?
    We offer free shipping to US on orders greater than $49.99.
    Ground shipping (3-7 days) for orders under $50 in the US is a flat $5.
    Next Day Air shipping is a flat $25 on all US orders.
    2-Day shipping is a flat $15 on all US orders.
    The cost for ground shipping to Canada is calculated by weight at checkout.
    1-Day and 2-Day shipping is not available for Canada.
    Duties will be charged on all orders to Canada
    Source

Does Funimation Shop charge any tax?
    Funimation charges taxes in the state of Texas and Canada for physical items. Digital subscriptions and gift card purchases will not charge tax.
    Source

Does Funimation hold pre-authorization charges on preorders?
    Yes. Funimation does hold a pre-authorization charge for preorders and you will see a hold on your bank account for a couple of days (depending on your bank). Once Funimation ships your order, they will charge you for the full amount of your purchase.
    Source: lolitsronald's Experience

Does Funimation Shop hold orders that contain preorders?
    No, Funimation will ship the products once it is in stock. If you have an order with a item that has a preorder, in-stock items will ship separately, then once the preorder item is available, they will ship it out to you.
    Source: lolitsronald's Experience

Why was my card charged a second time for a pre-ordered item?
    Your card is actually only being charged once. When you purchase a pre-order from the FUNimation Shop, your card will be pre-authorized, which means that it will appear as if you have been charged for the title. The pre-authorization should drop off of your card a few days after you have sent in your pre-order. The timing of this depends on your financial institution. The full purchase amount of the pre-order will not actually be processed and charged to your card until your pre-order has been shipped.

If you believe that you have been charged twice for the same pre-order, please check your full banking or credit card statements and confirm whether the full amount of your pre-order was actually deducted twice. You should see that the funds were only deducted once overall while the earlier charge was only a pre-authorization and was debited back to your account later. Note: Some banks will place a hold on your payment and then return the funds after approximately 10 days. In this case, please check your statement to see if the bank has removed the hold from your account after your pre-order has shipped.

If the full amount of your pre-order was deducted twice, please visit www.funimation.com/support and choose "Shop - Orders" as the reason for contact.
    Source

What is the Return Policy?
    If you receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item from the FUNimation Shop, please e-mail funimationstore@funimation.com with the Order Number and a description of the issue. We will be happy to replace it for free with the same item or issue a refund. Please allow 1 week from the day you send the confirmation e-mail for processing. You will then receive an e-mail with information on how to return the item.

If you do not submit a return request within 45 days of receipt of shipment, we will not be able to receive a refund or a replacement item.
    Source

How can I return an item that isn't damage?
    In order for your return to be approved the item must meet all eligibility criteria, it must be factory-sealed, in new and undamaged condition, it must include all original accessories and packaging, and it must be returned to FUNimation within 30 days of receiving your return request approval e-mail. This date can be found on the Order Details page for your order.
    Your item is NOT eligible for return if it is:
    • Damaged
    • In used condition
    • A gift card
    • An EVS subscription
    • Opened software
    • Opened media items (movies, music, and video games)
    • A digital item
    • A free item purchased as part of a promotion

Source

Where can I contact Funimation Shop?
    Funimation Shop has a contact form located at: www.funimation.com/support
    Email: funimationstore@funimation.com

Re: Funimation.com Shop

Nicely organized. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
      No one has created a thread about Funimation.com's shop, so I felt like I should create one so people can post any news, deals, questions or any comments they had on Funimation's shop.
      Yeah, good idea. There was a huge sale for EVS subscriptions on Cyber Monday last year, and I had a tough time figuring out where it needs to go. Anyway, announced at AX Funimation now has a discounted their yearly subscriptions from $96 to $55.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Anyway, announced at AX Funimation now has a discounted their yearly subscriptions from $96 to $55.
        DANG! That's almost tempting. If my backlog weren't so massive on Crunchyroll, I'd consider getting that EVS subscription.

Comment

You can preorder Attack on Titan L.E Part 2 with the Ender Box at the Funimation Shop. The new bundle has a MSRP of $99.98 ($10 more than the LE) and is discounted 20% at $79.98.
          http://funi.to/1jzdkbO
          Source

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/sale/anime
            Buy 3 Get 1 Free Summer Celebration Sale!

The summer savings are hot. When you purchase 3 items, you will get a 4th item *FREE. Have your cake and eat it too!

Grab one of these coupon codes and start shopping!

Not only can you Buy 3 and Get 1 Free, but the more you order, the more you can get for FREE. Use one of these three coupon codes to get your free items at checkout.

Buy 3, Get 1 Free
            Use code: CAKE3

Buy 6, Get 2 Free
            Use code: CAKE6

Buy 9, Get 3 Free
            Use code: CAKE9

* Items with equal or lesser value will be free. Shipping costs still apply. Excludes pre-order items, gift cards and subscriptions to our streaming service. Sale ends Aug 10, 2014 at 11:59pm CT.
            Last edited by WTK; 07-18-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

(Doubt anyone will see this) Does the FUNimation.com shop ship early or does it ship on release date?

Comment

Originally posted by scottfrye View Post
                (Doubt anyone will see this) Does the FUNimation.com shop ship early or does it ship on release date?
                I can't give a first hand experience response to this question, but I'm fairly certain that since they are the licensee of the titles they are selling via their shop they will be subject to street date provisions within their contract and will not be able to ship releases early. Maybe someone who has placed an order with them will be able to chime in soon with their own experience on whether or not they've had an order ship early from them before.
                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                  Originally posted by scottfrye View Post
                  I can't give a first hand experience response to this question, but I'm fairly certain that since they are the licensee of the titles they are selling via their shop they will be subject to street date provisions within their contract and will not be able to ship releases early. Maybe someone who has placed an order with them will be able to chime in soon with their own experience on whether or not they've had an order ship early from them before.
                  The only pre-order order I've placed with them (the Kamisama Kiss PE) shipped two days before the street date.
                  "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Halloween sale

10% off your $50 purchase - Use promocode TREAT10
                    15% off your $75 purchase - Use promocode TREAT15
                    20% off your $150 purchase - Use promocode TREAT20
                    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                      Halloween sale

10% off your $50 purchase - Use promocode TREAT10
                      15% off your $75 purchase - Use promocode TREAT15
                      20% off your $150 purchase - Use promocode TREAT20
                      And with that discount, I used it to place my preorder for the Funi exclusive LE release of Cowboy Bebop. I wasn't originally going to get it, but I couldn't resist.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

FUNimation Shop apparently has a clearance section: LINK. I would assume the listings are likely while supplies last.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...15341203632128 (starts Monday, 11/24)
                          #BlackFriday bundles are coming! Click here to sign up for notification about great deals: http://funi.to/1x0qHlC

Comment

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...05450718253056
                            #BlackFriday deals are early! Shop now & save big on bundles. Click here: http://ow.ly/ENn2h
                            Kinda disappointed, the bundle prices aren't much of a deal.
                            My Anime List
                            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                              https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...05450718253056
                              #BlackFriday deals are early! Shop now & save big on bundles. Click here: http://ow.ly/ENn2h
                              Kinda disappointed, the bundle prices aren't much of a deal.
                              Not a big deal for me. But these are terrible prices especially for Black Friday.

Kind of weird to way to handle sold out item.
                              * Some items may be available for a limited time only! Should your item be sold out, we will notify you that your order has been canceled.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X