• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CDN: VIZ sale at amazon.ca ends Oct 30

Originally posted by Dennis_Mullin View Post
    Up to 54% off VIZ anime:
    www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/?docId=1001425441

Actually has a bigger discount on the Inu Yasha: Movie Wood Box Set since the list price for the box is incorrect. On sale for $20.49 cdn (compared to $41.69 us on amazon.com). Making it worth the effort to import from Canada to the USA.

This deluxe set has 4 movie dvds and 4 music cds inside a wood box. Very nice looking set.
    Compared to a barebones blu-ray movie collection that was released earlier this year.
    Placed an order with Amazon.ca tonight for Naruto Season 3, Set 2 and Season 4, Sets 1 & 2.

This completes my original Naruto collection which I hadn't bothered to complete because I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on 85 episodes of filler. But at this price, what the heck? $34.47 plus tax will do quite nicely for 18 discs worth of Naruto even if it is filler!

Thanks Dennis for the heads up! I almost missed this.

J. A.
    Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
    Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
    Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
    Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Up to 54% off VIZ anime:

Actually has a bigger discount on the Inu Yasha: Movie Wood Box Set since the list price for the box is incorrect. On sale for $20.49 cdn (compared to $41.69 us on amazon.com). Making it worth the effort to import from Canada to the USA.

This deluxe set has 4 movie dvds and 4 music cds inside a wood box. Very nice looking set.
      Compared to a barebones blu-ray movie collection that was released earlier this year.
      I bought this when it was on sale last year. Even with shipping to the US, it was well worth it (just under $35), with both the movies and the soundtrack CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by CheechMonger View Post
        Up to 54% off VIZ anime:

I bought this when it was on sale last year. Even with shipping to the US, it was well worth it (just under $35), with both the movies and the soundtrack CDs.
        For further information on this set, I wrote a comprehensive review of it last year on the Amazon.ca product page. This is the link that will get you directly to my review if you want further information -

http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews...R1SOSG48NM8BJW

J. A.
        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon

Comment

DeepDiscount.com

25% Off Sale @ DeepDiscount.com

http://www.deepdiscount.com/THE-BIG-SALE-2013

Coupon code: BIGSALE. Expires 11/18/2013 @ 11:59PM CST

Average deals for most titles. Anime titles wise best, deals are among the Sentai Filmworks and Maiden Japan titles. The titles to look for are November (maybe December) and beyond pre-order releases. These newer titles are not likely to be discounted much more than ~50% (if at all).

DVDPlanet.com is also running a mirror sale as well. Here is filtered results for the Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan titles: http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided?ed=4287383868. Some of the releases are listed on DP, but can't be ordered at this time.
          Last edited by WTK; 11-01-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Half Price Books Coupons (B&M)

Half Price Books (B&M)

It's @halfpricebooks coupon time! Sign up now to get yours, for up to 50% off: http://hpb.com/join
            • Monday & Tuesday, November 4 & 5 | 40% off your highest priced item
            • Wednesday & Thursday, November 6 & 7 | 10% off your highest priced item
            • Friday & Saturday, November 8 & 9 | 30% off your highest priced item
            • Sunday, November 10 | 50% off your highest priced item

Comment

BestBuy.com

Comment

DVDPlanet.com

A bit earlier than anticipated...

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided/section+23

Select Sentai Filmworks/Maiden Japan titles are up to 64% off (many are over 60% off).

Comment

Re: DVDPlanet.com

Originally posted by WTK View Post

Select Sentai Filmworks/Maiden Japan titles are up to 64% off (many are over 60% off).
                  Is ordering from DVD Planet any better than Deep Discount? What's the risk of having stuff come damaged?

They're including new releases and pre-orders in this sale. The four parts of Patlabor TV on BD for $111 is tempting along with some other BDs.
                  Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                    Is ordering from DVD Planet any better than Deep Discount? What's the risk of having stuff come damaged?
                    Nope. Same owner (Super D). Products should still come from same warehouses.

If you are ordering a few items (keepcase packaging based), it will be shipped by a mailer. It's something that could be damaged during transit. If it's an order with more items it will ship by box, its chance of damage is reduced. I personally rarely get my orders (I only order non-LE type of releases) damaged from either site, but personal experience may vary from person to person.
                    They're including new releases and pre-orders in this sale. The four parts of Patlabor TV on BD for $111 is tempting along with some other BDs.
                    Patlabor TV set 4 BD isn't available for order. It's listed, but can't be ordered yet (like a few other titles).

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                      Nope. Same owner (Super D). Products should still come from same warehouses.

If you are ordering a few items (keepcase packaging based), it will be shipped by a mailer. It's something that could be damaged during transit. If it's an order with more items it will ship by box, its chance of damage is reduced. I personally rarely get my orders (I only order non-LE type of releases) damaged from either site, but personal experience may vary from person to person.
                      Patlabor TV set 4 BD isn't available for order. It's listed, but can't be ordered yet (like a few other titles).
                      Thank you. I'm still going to wait for Rightstuf's sale then. I got burned by DD last year for not waiting, 3 of the 4 items I bought were damaged, so that's why I asked.
                      Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Re: Coupons and Deals - August

Been expanding my Sentai/etc collection with these recent sales (the DD B2G1, then after that a small order using the one day TREAT15 code). This one is (slightly) better than those except for the $35 free shipping threshold vs. DD's $25. Pretty sure I'll be making one maybe $40 total order.
                        Watching: Seven Deadly Sins (stream), Blood Blockade Battlefront (BD), Casshan (BD)
                        Reading: Wolfsmund v7, Corpse Princess v5 (digital), Spice and Wolf Novel 16

Comment

And regular pricing are back up now. It's very possible that the sales prices were unintentionally activated.

Comment

And regular pricing are back up now. It's very possible that the sales prices were unintentionally activated.
                            lol Too late. My stuff's paid and shipped Hopefully, they arrive safely and undamaged.
                            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
                              Up to 54% off VIZ anime:

Placed an order with Amazon.ca tonight for Naruto Season 3, Set 2 and Season 4, Sets 1 & 2.

This completes my original Naruto collection which I hadn't bothered to complete because I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on 85 episodes of filler. But at this price, what the heck? $34.47 plus tax will do quite nicely for 18 discs worth of Naruto even if it is filler!

Thanks Dennis for the heads up! I almost missed this.
                              You're welcome.
                              However, as it turns out, you had more time as this is another amazon.ca sale with a "Groundhog Day" deadline as the sale prices are still in effect over a week later. On amazon.ca today is still October 30th, just like yesterday, and maybe just like tomorrow...
                              Last edited by Dennis_Mullin; 11-07-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

You're welcome.
                                However, as it turns out, you had more time as this is another amazon.ca sale with a "Groundhog Day" deadline as the sale prices are still in effect over a week later. On amazon.ca today is still October 30th, just like yesterday, and maybe just like tomorrow...
                                I gave up trying to figure out their pricing a long time ago. At times it's almost like they throw a dart at a paper target to determine what the price should be this week!

J. A.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X