• Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Amazon Japan Thread

60% off:
    - Digimon the Movies Blu-ray 1999 - 2006
    - Dragon Ball Kai - Saiyan / Frieza BD-Box
    - Dragon Ball Kai - Android / Cell BD-Box
    - Cobra the Space Pirate BD-Box
    - Slam Dunk Blu-ray collections (v1 to v4; v5 not part of this sale)
    - Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer Blu-ray

Comment

51% off
      - It's a Rumic World Special Anime Box [DVD LE]

Comment

As discovered on Twitter, most video games that are sold directly by amazon.co.jp seem to be eligible for overseas shipping now. Some items flagged as "no operating system" PC software like the Carnival Phantasm Blu-ray box also appear to be available for overseas shipping as WTK pointed out in its thread, but I just tried the latest I've Girl's Compilation CD and it still won't ship overseas (perhaps because it's associated with adult PC games, and Amazon Marketplace items are also ineligible. So the situation has improved, but it's still far from perfect.

Comment

Has anyone else seen this? Apparently you can Request English Subtitles for future Anime releases on Amazon Japan. Would be interesting if someone tries this, I want to see some results.

Comment

Originally posted by jfs_87 View Post
            Has anyone else seen this? Apparently you can Request English Subtitles for future Anime releases on Amazon Japan. Would be interesting if someone tries this, I want to see some results.
            Put in a request and just got a 'Thank you for your request' page.

Comment

Originally posted by jfs_87 View Post
              It's been up for a little while now. Will it really make a difference? No matter how big Amazon may be, it's just one retailer. And also plenty of anime releases don't even have Japanese subtitles.

Comment

If Amazon does have exclusive rights to Noitamina titles it might. They are really pushing for original content so they might be able to deliver some anime with English subtitles. But the price.........

Comment

I forget the rules of ordering from Amazon JP in the US. Do they only take debit cards and not credit cards? For some reason I've only ever used a debit card for all my Amazon JP orders, and I assume I only did that because none of my credit cards worked. I recently got a new debit card number and now I can't get Amazon to take any of my card numbers. I change the payment information every day, then have to wait a day for them to send me the email that payment failed, then change to the next payment and try again, repeat... Really frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by russ869 View Post
                    I forget the rules of ordering from Amazon JP in the US. Do they only take debit cards and not credit cards? For some reason I've only ever used a debit card for all my Amazon JP orders, and I assume I only did that because none of my credit cards worked. I recently got a new debit card number and now I can't get Amazon to take any of my card numbers. I change the payment information every day, then have to wait a day for them to send me the email that payment failed, then change to the next payment and try again, repeat... Really frustrating.
                    I have only ever used a credit card while ordering from Amazon.jp and never had an issue with payment. It may be an issue with your card issuer…but I don't have any useful advice if that's the case.
                    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

^ Sometimes card companies are stupid and think it's fraud if it's outside your home country so calling the card issuer MAY help, but I'd still say get a credit card instead. Captial One won't hit ya with those stupid "foreign transaction fees" or whatever they call them these days. (If you import a LOT I'd highly recommend getting a Capital One card cause those "foreign transaction fees" add up REALLY fast!)

Comment

According to the bank who issued me the debit card, they didn't receive any request to approve any such payment. What the email from Amazon JP actually says is:

クレジットカードの利用承認が得られていません

下記商品のお支払いにご指定いただいたカードについて、現時点では利用承認が得られていないことをお知らせ いたします。当サイトで引き続き承認手続きを行いますので、いましばらくお待ちください。承認が得られた場 合は、商品を発送し、その旨をEメールでお知らせいたします。承認が得られなかった場合は、その旨をEメー ルでお知らせいたします。お急ぎの場合は、下記ボタンをクリックして、同じカードを選択したまま「確定」ボ タンをクリックしてください。すぐ再承認の手続きが行われます。また、同じ画面から別のお支払い方法を選択 することもできます。

下記ボタンをクリックすると、このご注文のお支払い方法を変更できます。
                        This makes it sound like they don't have a final approval or denial yet, and they're waiting around for something. I don't understand. Maybe they try payment twice on 2 different days before finally stalling the order as payment denied? Let me try doing what it suggests "お急ぎの場合は" ("if you are in a hurry") and hit the "retry same payment" method button. So far, I've always changed to different card every time I got this email (4-5 times now).

Update: Looks like that worked.
                        Last edited by russ869; 05-02-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Select anime (primarily BD-Box) on sale...listed under Gold Box Deals.
                          - Up to 50% off
                          - Up to 45% off

Comment

Man that Yamibou box looks incredible, and with 50% off even better. If only I had money for that. It's a shame Media Blasters' release won't be anything like that.
                            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

• https://www.nippon.com/en/behind/l10845

Amazon Japan Raided over Suspected Unfair Practice (News)

Tokyo, March 15 (Jiji Press)—Japan’s Fair Trade Commission raided Amazon Japan G.K. on Thursday on suspicion of unfairly requesting payments from business partners in violation of the antimonopoly law.

The Tokyo-based unit of US e-commerce giant Amazon.com Inc. is suspected of making vendors, including food and household goods makers, shoulder the costs of discount sales Amazon Japan made on its website.

Amazon Japan allegedly engaged in the practice from several years ago by taking advantage of its superior bargaining position.

Some of the suppliers are believed to have accepted the request and paid the costs.

The FTC apparently views the requests as illegal under the law, which prohibits companies from putting business partners at a disadvantage in a way considered unjust in light of normal commercial practices, by using their strong bargaining position.

Comment

• Per Amazon Japan promo email:

Gunpla Store Launched! Get your favorite Gunplas shipped directly from Japan

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/browse/r...ode=4469780051

Bandai Toys Direct shipping from Japan

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/search/r...html_to_wsrp=1

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X