1 & Only Crunchyroll Store Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gundamcero View Post

Uh no. The shipping from Crunchyroll is shit. The use bubble mailers. ITs night and day in terms of quality. I will happily pay extra to not received damaged goods.
    I meant the pricing. And it depends on what you order from them. Sometimes they actually do overkill on the packing. Not RS overkill.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonic View Post
      When you add a DVD/BD to your cart on the CR store it tells you who it ships by. In most cases, stuff is shipped by either Right Stuf or Funimation.
      I recently got Interviews With Monster Girls, which lists being shipped by Funimation, yet it was shipped directly from CR. Bubble mailer and all.
      Last edited by Schaef; 04-17-2018, 10:59 PM. Reason: Tired and misread

Comment

• Originally posted by Schaef View Post

I recently got Interviews With Monster Girls, which lists being shipped by Funimation, yet it was shipped directly from CR. Bubble mailer and all.
        Yeah, I think that's what happened with mine too. It must have shipped from CR because I got mine in 2 days. (Even got it BEFORE I got the shipping confirmation! ) If it had shipped from Funi or RS there's NO WAY I would have got it in 2 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by gundamcero View Post

Uh no. The shipping from Crunchyroll is shit. The use bubble mailers. ITs night and day in terms of quality. I will happily pay extra to not received damaged goods.
          Berserk 2017 finally arrived, in a bubble mailer, and the slipcover is fairly beat up. Doubt it's enough for me to bother returning it, but this makes the 3rd Berserk BD I've ordered in the past few months that's shipped in a bubble mailer and arrived beat up. >_< (Amazon shipped me the 2016 LE in bubble mailers twice and it arrived crushed twice, despite explicitly asking for an exchange only if they'd ship the 2nd in a sturdier box. Now I'm done shopping with Amazon.)

Guess I won't be ordering from CR again, either. =/ A few extra bucks is indeed worth the cost for proper packaging...

Comment

• ^ I guess I have the advantage of being in the same state as Crunchy because my slipcovers have been fine. (BUT I'm the "Does the disc play? It plays fine? Good!" type so I rarely return stuff unless it's SUPER crushed/disc won't play. And for the record, I have had stuff arrived beat up from Right Stuf like the Skip Beat Box. (*UGH* THAT was an absolute PAIN to get fixed. Finally did get a replacement after a ton of emails, but that's another story for another thread).

Comment

• 95+% of what I order that arrives in a sturdy box like from RS or most competent eBay sellers is fine. I don't think I've ever once had anything arrive in a bubble mailer undamaged (assuming the item is prone to common damage, such as slips or art boxes; straight up DVD/BD cases are usually fine). I'm certainly willing to tolerate a normal amount of wear and tear to slips or whatnot, but the kind of damage I'm talking about is basically the worst copy of a slip you'd find at a Best Buy, and then thrown against a wall at least once.

USPS certainly plays a role in how badly my bubble mailers get beat up, but it's a tremendously stupid way to ship anything that a collector would care about its cosmetic condition. But yeah, I suppose a lot of consumers (especially the casual ones outside of the hardcore collectors) simply don't care so long as the disc plays. I have a couple walls where I just like to show my collection off, so I'd think understandably I take pride in them and want them to look nice. It's a large part of the reason why I continue to support physical to begin with, after all.
              Last edited by Spoofer; 06-17-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Crunchy's store recently made a complete overhaul. Of interest in the FAQ section:
                I am a Premium member. Will I still get my premium discount on the new store?

Of course! And you will be saving even more on the new store:
                • 5% off on most figures
                • 50% off on Crunchyroll home video titles within the first week of release
                • 10% off on everything else
                (Discount excludes weekly deals, and sale items)
                And, apparently, instead of daily deals they have weekly deals now.

Check it out if interested: https://store.crunchyroll.com/

Comment

• Linky to the November release slate: https://store.crunchyroll.com/collec...6-to-22?page=1

Note that the 50% off titles end on TUESDAY, August 21, 2018 (So no longer a full week like before).

For anyone wondering, Crunchy has done a much better job of packaging than they used to. I haven't received those bubble envelopes in ages. Now they send stuff in cardboard boxes. In some cases, I think they've been going OVERKILL with the cardboard protection. (They protect the inside with those air bubble things. The BIG ones).

Comment

• And for the next sale, the whole store is 10% off except for memberships, Banpresto, and Aniplex items. The discount is for premium members only, and the discounted prices will be shown when an item is placed in your cart. This is a sale that's pretty much for figures and merchandise as there are better deals to be had for BDs in a few months. So with the new store, deals will change every Tuesday.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Crunchyroll Store survey for pre-ordering figures

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XN2M5FJ

Comment

• Crunchyroll Store Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X2D93V8

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X