Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentai Filmworks Acquires ‘Rozen Maiden’ And Sequel

Widgets Magazine
    Sentai Filmworks*has announced the acquisition of the popular*ROZEN MAIDEN*animated series, a package that includes the original 12 episode series and the 12 episode sequel series*ROZEN MAIDEN: TRؤUMEND*and the two made for video episodes known as*ROZEN MAIDEN: OUVERTـRE, which have previously been unreleased in North America. Based on the hit manga by the artist known as [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Sentai Filmworks Acquires ‘Rozen Maiden’ And Sequel

Nice to see the dolls found a new home in the R1 universe .
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by bci110 View Post
      Indeed and it will find a home in my collection finally!

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
        Indeed and it will find a home in my collection finally!
        Good, you should enjoy it.

As for me, I'm just getting Ouverture since I already own the Geneon DVDs (and managed to get one autographed by Cristina Vee at ColossalCon a couple of years ago, which was very cool ). RM fans should enjoy the Ouverture OVA, especially the Suigintou supporters.

Comment

As for me, I'm just getting Ouverture since I already own the Geneon DVDs (and managed to get one autographed by Cristina Vee at ColossalCon a couple of years ago, which was very cool ). RM fans should enjoy the Ouverture OVA, especially the Suigintou supporters.

Except the press release refers to it as a Complete Collection, which means you and everyone else will have to buy it again if they want the OVA's....

Comment

Originally posted by Loafy View Post

Except the press release refers to it as a Complete Collection, which means you and everyone else will have to buy it again if they want the OVA's....
            No, if you read correctly the PR it says:

In addition, the new ROZEN MAIDEN: OUVERTـRE DVD will be available as a stand-alone item, featuring a new English dub by production studio BangZoom! Entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
              Originally posted by Loafy View Post

No, if you read correctly the PR it says:

In addition, the new ROZEN MAIDEN: OUVERTـRE DVD will be available as a stand-alone item, featuring a new English dub by production studio BangZoom! Entertainment.
              Sentai could include the OVA with the Complete Collection for those (like you) that didn't buy the original Geneon release or the collection that FUNi distributed. I think that the OVA stand-alone could be targeted for those like me that bought the original Geneon singles or the original collection.

But the wording on the PR tells me that they won't include the OVA within the collection.

Comment

For the love of god....Sentai, pick up Higurashi now! PLEASE. If you are picking this up.... oh come on!!!
                Watching: Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ozuma, Sekirei

Thank you Sentai for Fate/Stay Night : UBW
                Proud to Pre-Order Fate/Zero Box 2 on BD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Talyn View Post
                  For the love of god....Sentai, pick up Higurashi now! PLEASE. If you are picking this up.... oh come on!!!
                  I'll second that sentiment, but I have no idea how likely that is. In another thread, someone said that the company that owns the international rights to Rozen Maiden is one that Sentai has licensed a lot of other shows from. However, I don't know what company has the international rights to Higurashi; it might be someone that Sentai doesn't work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                    I'll second that sentiment, but I have no idea how likely that is. In another thread, someone said that the company that owns the international rights to Rozen Maiden is one that Sentai has licensed a lot of other shows from. However, I don't know what company has the international rights to Higurashi; it might be someone that Sentai doesn't work with.
                    The companies producing the anime series are completely different for each:

Rozen Maiden: TBS, Pony Canyon, Movic, Memory-Tech
                    When They Cry: Frontier Works, Geneon Entertainment, Dentsu

I guess some people assume that Geneon only licensed titles titles from Geneon Japan, but that just isn't the case. These titles have completely different owners in Japan, so I don't think Sentai getting Rozen Maiden should raise any hopes that they will rescue Higurashi (even if it could still be in the realm of possibility regardless).

Comment

I'm hoping for this as well, though unlike with Rozen Maiden, I think that Kai would be released sub-only should Sentai get this. Nevertheless, that's a great move on the part of Sentai so that someone who bought the Geneon version like myself can just get Overture without the need to double-dip on this.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
                      Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
                      Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                        I'm hoping for this as well, though unlike with Rozen Maiden, I think that Kai would be released sub-only should Sentai get this. Nevertheless, that's a great move on the part of Sentai so that someone who bought the Geneon version like myself can just get Overture without the need to double-dip on this.
                        Ya, I expect that too but quite frankly I'll take it.... I sold off my box on RM awhile back (bills to be paid) so I'd get this in support of getting a consistent collection.
                        Watching: Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ozuma, Sekirei

Thank you Sentai for Fate/Stay Night : UBW
                        Proud to Pre-Order Fate/Zero Box 2 on BD!!!!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X