Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Futurama’ Goes Anime Style – Briefly

Widgets Magazine
    Anime is but one area that Futurama will playfully mock in an upcoming episode for its latest season. “Reincarnation” will be a fun piece that goes and uses three different types of animation in different sections of the episode in order to tell a story. The first segment will use the classic Fleischer Studios approach, [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: ‘Futurama’ Goes Anime Style – Briefly

Nothing is better than Magical Girls and Mecha with Voltron music! I want to see it! :D
    Photography, Cosplay, and Plushies
    My Cel Collection
    My DVDs ^_^
    Currently watching: InuYasha, Sakura Taisen, Tiger + Bunny

Comment

I saw this clip earlier today. It looks great. This also reminded me that I really need to get back to watch this series.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        I saw this clip earlier today. It looks great. This also reminded me that I really need to get back to watch this series.
        The new season (which started last week) isn't very impressive yet. The first episode (Neutopia) was basically a twenty-two minute setup for a single joke, with some Star Trek references thrown in, while the second . . . well, it helped a lot if you understood where the term "grey goo" comes from (and had some needless teen nerd bashing in it). Here's hoping it improves as it goes along.
        "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

I found the first two episodes of this season to be almost offensively, insultingly, bad. Even the worst episodes of last year's season weren't this bad.
          Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Well, I watch the series couple of years ago, I was thinking about watch it again, but I don't think I will now...

Comment

Originally posted by DiRF View Post
              I found the first two episodes of this season to be almost offensively, insultingly, bad. Even the worst episodes of last year's season weren't this bad.
              Part of the problem for me was that they've already covered this material before - "Neutopia" is basically the bastard child of Wild Green Yonder (the gender issues) and "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" (think Melllvar). And "Bendarama" is a mix of "Fear of a Bot Planet" and "Tales of Interest". And they're not particularly interesting retreads - personally, I was kind of hoping for something new for the season premeire, not just recycled material.

Originally posted by Damius View Post
              Well, I watch the series couple of years ago, I was thinking about watch it again, but I don't think I will now...
              If you haven't seen the movies yet, they're definitely worth picking up (except maybe Wild Green Yonder). You haven't lived until you've seen Hannukah Zombie rapping.
              Last edited by One Vorlon; 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM. Reason: Replying to Damius
              "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

Comment

Seasons 3 and 4 of Futurama were sublime. I've yet to be convinced they can touch the heights of those seasons. That's a high bar though. I'm not sure any prime time U.S. animated sitcom in the last 8 years or so has been more ambitious than those seasons of Futurama.

Comment

I will say this to everyone... if you're not going to watch the newer seasons, at least give the one episode "The Late Philip J. Fry" a chance. That's one episode I feel is worth watching no matter what.
                  Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Exclusive video via Entertainment Weekly
                    The episode will air Thursday, Sept. 8 on Comedy Central.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      Exclusive video via Entertainment Weekly
                      The episode will air Thursday, Sept. 8 on Comedy Central.
                      Looks mildly amusing.
                      Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
                      Casual

Comment

If anyone's curious, this episode of Futurama is still getting noticed - CNN and EW have a blurb (and a new clip) up.

Comment

Just got finished watching the episode. From an anime parody standpoint, it felt kinda "meh", as it appeared to be stuck in "Speed Racer" animation mode (and most of the humor appears to target shows that were known in America pre-Toonami and the "Americanization" of these shows).

From a humor standpoint (when it comes to it's parody target), the funniest was the 8-bit video game spoof (although I do give the 1930's cartoon parody some props for recreating the 3D-esque backdrops that appeared in the Max Fleischer cartoons).
                          Joseph Klemm
                          "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                          Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                          Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                          Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine