Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] Rurouni Kenshin Manga Series to Return in Japan in May

Widgets Magazine
    Wonder how long it will take before Fullmetal Alchemist returns.

http://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapon...96680816050177

Re: Rurouni Kenshin Manga Series to Return in Japan in May

Well this came out of nowhere, I'm surprised that 12 years after the manga ended he's going to come back to it.
    Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Huh? The manga actually ended. What's the point? I guess we'll find out where he's going with this in a few months. I certainly hope the same doesn't happen with Fullmetal Alchemist (and of course there's no reason to think it would). That ending was way too great.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
        Well this came out of nowhere, I'm surprised that 12 years after the manga ended he's going to come back to it.
        I'm not surprised that the same anniversary marketing circumstances that resulted in the Shin Kyoto-hen OVA being made led the publisher to coerce him into coming up with some sort of new installment of it. Ah, business, and the almighty dollar... er, yen.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          I'm not surprised that the same anniversary marketing circumstances that resulted in the Shin Kyoto-hen OVA being made led the publisher to coerce him into coming up with some sort of new installment of it. Ah, business, and the almighty dollar... er, yen.
          But it's the anniversary of the anime.

Still, Aniplex throwing some money Watsuki's way to help promote that does seem like the most likely scenario.
          Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 12-26-2011, 05:59 PM.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            But it's the anniversary of the anime. :sd:

Still, Aniplex throwing some money Watsuki's way to help promote that does seem like the most likely scenario.
            No, I know, but it's all about everyone having everyone else's back for promotion or profit's sake, particularly when so much of what's produced is, on one level, just advertising for something else, though typically it's anime being big commercials for manga or video games or novels or CDs or toys.

Besides, if Watsuki had actually wanted to do another Kenshin installment (which is what this seems to be, really; an installment, perhaps a "missing" chapter, rather than a continuation or anything that will go for very long), he likely would have done so already. It's not like he needs it, he's been busy with other things.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Would it be bad to observe that Watsuki hasn't had a major success since Kenshin, especially compared to a certain ex-assistant of his who may or may not be named Eiichiro Oda?
              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
              Vivid Impact!
              Vividred Operation

Comment

We may be getting ahead of ourselves. They may just be reprinting the old manga as some special edition with new/touched-up art and shit. If it's new content,

Spoiler ->I hope it's about Kenji. He supposedly is as talented as Kenshin, but has a personality closer to Shishio's. We got a small taste of it in Reflections.

Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                  Would it be bad to observe that Watsuki hasn't had a major success since Kenshin, especially compared to a certain ex-assistant of his who may or may not be named Eiichiro Oda?
                  Shhhhhh! Don't say it out loud! It scares away the lighting that Watsuki's running around with a bottle trying to recapture!
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                    We may be getting ahead of ourselves. They may just be reprinting the old manga as some special edition with new/touched-up art and shit. If it's new content,

Spoiler ->I hope it's about Kenji. He supposedly is as talented as Kenshin, but has a personality closer to Shishio's. We got a small taste of it in Reflections.

The wording of the announcement apparently does seem to suggest that one possibility is just a reworking of existing art, or a new rendering of existing events (not unlike the Shin Kyoto-hen OVA). I suppose it would be hilarious and fitting if the amazing return simply consisted of Watsuki re-drawing the events from the manga that are being re-adapted in anime form for Shin Kyoto-hen.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                      Especially when it's Buso Renkin up against One Piece?

Yeah, he hasn't had a big hit since Kenshin. Buso Renkin was just 10 volumes, and it's just a generic Shonen.
                      Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Yeah, he hasn't had a big hit since Kenshin. Buso Renkin was just 10 volumes, and it's just a generic Shonen.
                        How is Buso Renkin? Aside from being typical Shonen, that is. I've never really bothered to check that one out yet.
                        Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Side story OK, Watuski must leave the ending unaffected - though I guess an alternative reality (as Hojo created for City Hunter/Angel Heart), is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                            How is Buso Renkin? Aside from being typical Shonen, that is. I've never really bothered to check that one out yet.
                            How is Buso Renkin? It's been a while since I saw that first half, and a couple months since I finished it, but it's just good. It's not impressive, it's not bad, but to me it's a 7/10 show.

I would say it's worth checking out if you're into Shonen. Not something I would really recommend though.

Comment

Weather it's a sequel or reboot or semi-reboot i hope to see another Kenshin anime in the same way of FMA Brotherhood once the manga is complete.
                              Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X