X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] Claymore vol.#19

Widgets Magazine
    Read Full Review HERE!

In separate parts of the world, Clare and Miria finally face their nemeses and a chance for revenge!

Content Grade: A-
    Art Grade: B+
    Packaging Grade: B
    Text/Translation Grade: B+

The story continues to leave me yearning for the next volume. Whether it is tough battles between characters I’m cheering for or revelations about the Organization and its plans, I always want more. This volume is no different as Clare seems to finally die, or maybe not since her Yoma energy is still detectable. Plus, Miria finally attacks the Organization at its heart in an attempt to destroy it all. As usual, the outcomes of all this is left to be revealed another day, but I’ll be back, eagerly awaiting another great volume of manga from Yagi and Viz.

Highly recommended series!
    MyAnimeList Profile / Twitter / My Photography
    Currently digging Attack on Titan

Re: Claymore vol.#19

I don't think the translation is as good as it was in the previous volumes. Someone else is also translating the series now and the "No Way !" got annoying after it was repeated 1140k times.

Comment

Re: Claymore vol.#19

Originally posted by ed_links View Post
      I don't think the translation is as good as it was in the previous volumes. Someone else is also translating the series now and the "No Way !" got annoying after it was repeated 1140k times.
      Funny, I didn't notice it the first time I read this volume, but I skimmed through it again after your post. I did find the "No way!" at least three times, but the first two times it was Helen (I think) that said it so no big deal as it was the same character and everyone has words or phrases we commonly use. But I agree with you that it was awkward to see another character use the same phrase a chapter later. To be fair, I can't read the original Japanese, so I don't know if the author just likes that phrase at the moment or if it was the translator being repetitive. I did think the rest of the translation read fine.
      MyAnimeList Profile / Twitter / My Photography
      Currently digging Attack on Titan

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X