Widgets Magazine

The Adorable Manga, Tonikaku Kawaii is Ending, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adorable Manga, Tonikaku Kawaii is Ending, But...

Widgets Magazine
    Hata Kenjiro's, of Hayate the Combat Butler fame, manga Tonikaku Kawaii is ending, as he announced at the end of the most recent chapter, 147. Originally planned to end at 147, he couldn't stop writing so he ended up having a 2-part ending, which will be with ch. 148. That's the bad news.

But the good news is that he'll be starting a new manga next week as well, Fly Me to the Moon. If that sounds familiar, it's because that's been the subtitle for Tonikaku Kawaii all along. It will have the same main characters, but the story will be completely different. What that might mean, well, I know I'll be reading to find out. Tonikaku Kawaii has been an utterly adorable story of a young couple getting married and undergoing the early days of marriage.

It has also been completely unsubtle by dropping all manner of clues and hints that Tsukasa-chan has connections to the legend of Princess Kaguya.

And ch. 147 finally reveals those connections.

Which I won't spoil, even behind spoiler tags.

This has been a great and adorable manga. Here's hoping its follow-up is just as good.
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X