Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] What Manga Releases Did You Get? [February 2019]

Widgets Magazine
    I've been doing a bit more reading than buying but I did manage to get a couple of volumes this month:

Sekirei Vol. 5
    Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 18: Do You Still Bear The Scar?
    Urusei Yatsura
    Vol. 1
    Last edited by Jimmie M; 02-28-2019, 09:35 PM.
    Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
    FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
    Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

A lot of the manga I picked up this month I managed to get in one trip to my area bookstore. A very large box arrived from Right Stuf just today, though, with a somewhat smaller box inside it, and a slightly smaller box inside that one, and the boxed set I'd ordered from the holiday sale presumably very well-protected within...

To Love Ru 11-12 collection
    Golden Kamuy 8
    Kase-san and Cherry Blossoms
    My Solo Exchange Diary 2
    Silver Spoon 7
    Tokyo Tarareba Girls 5
    Urusei Yatsura 1
    RWBY Anthology 4
    Akira 35th Anniversary boxed set

Comment

Another somewhat heavy month for me, with a number of things I'm really looking forward to reading.

Food Wars! Vol. 28
      Gabriel Dropout Vol. 6
      Hinamatsuri Vol. 2
      Kase-San and Cherry Blossoms
      Konohana Kitan Vol. 3
      My Solo Exchange Diary Vol. 2
      Now Loading...!
      Please Tell Me! Galko-Chan Vol. 5

Comment

February 2019
        Ao Haru Ride 3
        Aposimz 2
        Black Butler 27
        Black Clover 14
        Btooom 23
        Captain Harlock Dimensional Voyage 7
        Certain Magical Index 16
        Food Wars 28
        Golden Kamuy 8
        Kino's Journey The Beautiful World 1
        Magi 34
        Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 10
        My Hero Academia 17
        One Piece 89
        Oresama Teacher 25
        Promised Neverland 8
        Ran and the Gray World 2
        Seven Deadly Sins 30
        Teasing Master Takagi-san 3
        Tokyo Ghoul :re 9
        Urusei Yatsura 1
        Yona of the Dawn 16

22 volumes this month. More arrived today and they'll go on the March list.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          Another somewhat heavy month for me, with a number of things I'm really looking forward to reading.
          ...Please Tell Me! Galko-Chan Vol. 5
          So, like Nemoto-san, you, too, dig nichijo-kei (slice-of-life) anmie/manga. ^_^

Galko-Chan is a gal with a heart of gold.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
            So, like Nemoto-san, you, too, dig nichijo-kei (slice-of-life) anmie/manga. ^_^

Galko-Chan is a gal with a heart of gold.
            Yep, definitely both true. I just finished reading Galko-chan Vol. 5 a few days ago. It's been very well worth the wait.

Comment

Yep, definitely both true. I just finished reading Galko-chan Vol. 5 a few days ago. It's been very well worth the wait.
              Artist Q-Taro conducted the production of a thick WataMote-themed dojinshi to which many artists contributed WataMote-themed manga, and it was published in December of 2018.
              In one of those manga, Nemo has said that she wants to live a school life which is like the school life depicted in Manga Time Kirara nichijo-kei anime such as Kin'iro Mosaic. (Since Nemo has mentioned 'school life', Mokotchi has recommended Gakko Gurashi! (School-Live!, lit. 'school' + 'life'), but Mokotchi's recommendation was rejected by Nemo.)

So Galko's sister is attracted by the sincerity of Otako's brother, like a Good Bad Girl comes to love a sincere guy in a romantic comedy film? ^_^

anmie
              Sorry, I did a typo. ^_^;

Comment

Artist Q-Taro conducted the production of a thick WataMote-themed dojinshi to which many artists contributed WataMote-themed manga, and it was published in December of 2018.
                In one of those manga, Nemo has said that she wants to live a school life which is like the school life depicted in Manga Time Kirara nichijo-kei anime such as Kin'iro Mosaic. (Since Nemo has mentioned 'school life', Mokotchi has recommended Gakko Gurashi! (School-Live!, lit. 'school' + 'life'), but Mokotchi's recommendation was rejected by Nemo.)
                Yeah, that one I would assume would be out due to her expressed dislike of "fighting and dying". I'd guess slice-of-life things with a dark side like Madoka Magica or Yuyuyu wouldn't be to her tastes at all. Of course, I differ from her in that regard. I do enjoy those shows in addition to the standard slice-of-life.

So Galko's sister is attracted by the sincerity of Otako's brother, like a Good Bad Girl comes to love a sincere guy in a romantic comedy film? ^_^
                That's so sweet.

Spoiler ->It's nice to see a new side of Galko's sister. I like how Otako was genuinely happy for her brother finding a girlfriend too, but of course the hilariously awkward moment came where it clicked that it was actually their older siblings dating each other. Going to be fun to see how that goes forward: the wait is long again. Tsunno and Kuseta's date before that was heartwarming central too.

Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 03-06-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

February was a bigger than usual month for me, because I caught up on the volumes I was missing for one title, and also splurged to get the recent Akira anniversary box set before the after-market prices for it got ridiculous.

Absolute Duo v2
                  Absolute Duo v3
                  Absolute Duo v4
                  Akira 35th Anniversary Box Set
                  Tales Of Wedding Rings v5
                  To Love-ru Omnibus v11-12
                  To Love-ru Darkness v9
                  Trinity Seven v15.5
                  Urusei Yatsura v1
                  World's End Harem v4

Comment

Yeah, that one I would assume would be out due to her expressed dislike of "fighting and dying". I'd guess slice-of-life things with a dark side like Madoka Magica or Yuyuyu wouldn't be to her tastes at all. Of course, I differ from her in that regard. I do enjoy those shows in addition to the standard slice-of-life.
                    In WataMote-themed dojin manga, I sometimes see scenes of which format is 'Mokotchi's mentioning the title of an anime -> Nemo's saying "I don't like it."'
                    So, in an otaku conversation with Nemo, if you say that you have enjoyed Madoka Magica and Yuki Yuna, Nemo will say, 'Brandon-san, I don't like them.' ^_^

That's so sweet.

Spoiler ->It's nice to see a new side of Galko's sister. I like how Otako was genuinely happy for her brother finding a girlfriend too, but of course the hilariously awkward moment came where it clicked that it was actually their older siblings dating each other. Going to be fun to see how that goes forward: the wait is long again. Tsunno and Kuseta's date before that was heartwarming central too.

Spoiler ->Yeah, also the scene where Ojo asks when Galko and Otako will become sisters-in-law is funny.
                    I, too, wonder whether Galko's sister comes to go steady.
                    Speaking of Tsunno and Kuseta, the chapter where Galko gives Kuseta a piece of nice advice at the swimming pool, too, is a pretty good chapter.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X