Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] What Manga Releases Did You Get? [September 2018]

Widgets Magazine
    Nothing for me this month but I am looking to pick up at least a couple of titles in October.

So which titles did you guys get for September?
    Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
    FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
    Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Just one thing for September, but a very enjoyable thing at that.

Hinamatsuri Vol. 1

Comment

September 2018
      Attack on Titan Colossal Collection 4
      Attack on Titan No Regrets
      Btooom 22
      Black Butler 11-13,15-19,23,24
      Captain Harlock Dimensional Voyage 5
      Chidlren of Whales 6
      Dimension W 11
      Ghost Talker's Daydream 6
      Golden Kamuy 6
      Hayate the Combat Butler 32
      In/Spectre 8
      Lgeend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
      My Hero Academia 1-14
      My Hero Academia Vigilantes 1
      Soul Eater 14-25
      Soul Eater Not 2-5
      Toppu GP 3
      Yowamushi Pedal 9

This was another really big month for me as I worked on finishing off runs of Black Butler, My Hero Academia and Soul Eater. I ended up with 54 volumes for the month. October should pretty much be back to my normal 15-20 volumes.

On the reading front, I finished reading Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and most of Xxxholic (I'm just waiting for #17 to arrive and then I'll finish). I'm halfway through My Hero Academia and will move on to Soul Eater next. I also have around 25 misc. volumes from various series to read plus Black Butler once I am done with Soul Eater.

I went to Japan for two weeks during September and had a great time. I visited a couple of used manga shops in Akihabara (in Tokyo) and wished that I could read Japanese. I also went to the International Manga Museum in Kyoto which was pretty cool. They have over 50000 volumes available for people to take off the shelves and read. They also have smaller displays of manga in English, Chinese, German and other languages,

Comment

Originally posted by rusty View Post
        Toppu GP 3
        This is available now? Good deal!
        Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
        FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
        Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

I went to Japan for two weeks during September and had a great time...
          Thank you for taking trouble to post the nice photos of the Museum.
          Do you have a plan to write an article or something about your travel to Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
            Thank you for taking trouble to post the nice photos of the Museum.
            Do you have a plan to write an article or something about your travel to Japan?
            Not an article exactly, but on Facebook I uploaded a series of photos with captions for each of the cities that I visited. While in Japan, I spent quite a bit of time in Tokyo and Osaka (my two home bases while there), but also spent a day in Yokohama, Hiroshima & Miyajima, Kyoto, Himeji & Kobe. It was a fun trip and I saw quite a bit. I also got to spend a day with two friends who live in Kobe.

Comment

I didn't do anything nearly as exciting myself, but I did get a reasonable amount of manga:

Skip Beat 41
              Astra Lost in Space 4
              RWBY Anthology 2
              Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: Glory of the Losers 1-8
              The Ancient Magus' Bride 9
              Spirit Circle 1-3
              To Love Ru 9-10 omnibus
              To Love Ru Darkness 6
              City 3
              Cells at Work! 4-5
              Golden Kamuy 6

Comment

Not an article exactly, but on Facebook I uploaded a series of photos with captions for each of the cities that I visited. While in Japan, I spent quite a bit of time in Tokyo and Osaka (my two home bases while there), but also spent a day in Yokohama, Hiroshima & Miyajima, Kyoto, Himeji & Kobe. It was a fun trip and I saw quite a bit. I also got to spend a day with two friends who live in Kobe.
                Thank you for summing up your adventures in Japan.
                I think probably you enjoyed Himeji Castle and Kobe beef. ^_^ Himeji Castle has been often used as a substitute for Edo Castle in jidai-geki (historical films and TV shows).
                Since often people say Osaka is kuidaore-no-machi (the city of ruining oneself (financially) by one's extravagance in food), maybe you enjoyed some good foods also in Osaka. Yoshida Ken'ichi, a famous literary writer who was a gourmet, praised Osaka for its food.

I visited a couple of used manga shops in Akihabara (in Tokyo)...
                I conjecture they were Mandarake and Book Off.

...and wished that I could read Japanese.
                It might be not a bad idea to consider learning Japanese. You seem to be a big fan of manga, and to become good at Japanese would expand your range of selection of manga very much.

Anyway, it was a good thing that you enjoyed your holidays in Japan. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
                  Thank you for summing up your adventures in Japan.
                  I think probably you enjoyed Himeji Castle and Kobe beef. ^_^ Himeji Castle has been often used as a substitute for Edo Castle in jidai-geki (historical films and TV shows).
                  Since often people say Osaka is kuidaore-no-machi (the city of ruining oneself (financially) by one's extravagance in food), maybe you enjoyed some good foods also in Osaka. Yoshida Ken'ichi, a famous literary writer who was a gourmet, praised Osaka for its food.

I conjecture they were Mandarake and Book Off.

It might be not a bad idea to consider learning Japanese. You seem to be a big fan of manga, and to become good at Japanese would expand your range of selection of manga very much.

Anyway, it was a good thing that you enjoyed your holidays in Japan. ^_^
                  Himeji Castle was nice. I spent that day with my two friends from Kobe, one of whom grew up in Himeji and after visiting the castle we spent the rest of the day in castle. I didn't end up having any Kobe beef, but did enjoy a nice meal in Kobe and we finished the day with a few drinks. Osaka certainly has a lot of good choices as far as food goes. I also enjoyed nice meals in Hiroshima and Tokyo, though.

I did visit Mandarake and Book-Off, though the other store I was thinking of was Animate. I do plan to look into learning Japanese. We'll see how that goes, though. Maybe I will have some proficiency by the next time I visit Japan.

Comment

Himeji Castle was nice. I spent that day with my two friends from Kobe, one of whom grew up in Himeji and after visiting the castle we spent the rest of the day in castle. I didn't end up having any Kobe beef, but did enjoy a nice meal in Kobe and we finished the day with a few drinks. Osaka certainly has a lot of good choices as far as food goes. I also enjoyed nice meals in Hiroshima and Tokyo, though.

I did visit Mandarake and Book-Off, though the other store I was thinking of was Animate. I do plan to look into learning Japanese. We'll see how that goes, though. Maybe I will have some proficiency by the next time I visit Japan.
                    Again, thank you for talking about your adventures in Japan.
                    So you can keep Kobe beef to enjoy in your next holidays in Japan.
                    Since the Fandom Post has the 'Japanese Language' forum, you can post messages on it when you have questions during your learning Japanese.
                    Aside from reading manga in the original, to communicate with the locals in Japanese during your holidays in Japan would be fun.
                    I hope things will go well about your learning Japanese.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X