Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] What Manga Releases Did You Get? [July 2018]

Widgets Magazine
    Hope you all had a safe & Happy 4th of July! Here's my swag to start this month's thread:

Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 15: The Great Man vs. the Giant (Kindle/comiXology Edition)
    Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 16: Providence (Kindle/comiXology Edition)
    Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle Vols. 2 & 3 (Kindle/comiXology Editions)
    Azumanga Daioh Omnibus
    Sekirei Vol. 2 (Kindle/comiXology Edition)
    Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga Vols. 1-3 (Kindle/comiXology Editions)
    Genshiken Omnibus Vol. 1 (Kindle/comiXology Edition)
    Genshiken: Second Season Vol. 1 (Kindle/comiXology Edition)
    Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
    FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
    Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

I'd been contemplating starting this thread myself, but I appreciate it being done for me. Anyway, while I'd looked at the "preorder" pages on Right Stuf and wondered just how much manga I'd get this month (as opposed to some fairly heavy purchases last month), I did seem to wind up with a fair haul:

One-Punch Man 14
    Tokyo Tarareba Girls 1
    A Certain Scientific Railgun 13
    Akame ga Kill 15
    Harukana Receive 1
    Go For It, Nakamura!
    eclair
    Skip Beat 37, 38, 39
    NTR: Netsuzou Trap 5
    Made in Abyss 3
    Last edited by Keith Palmer; 08-08-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

July 2018
      A Certain Scientific Railgun 13
      Abandoned Sacred Beasts 6
      Battle Angel Alita Deluxe 4
      Battle Angel Alita Mars Chronicle 2,3
      Btooom 21
      Case Closed 67
      Children of the Whales 5
      Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction 2
      Dimension W 8-10
      Flying Witch 6
      Rin-Ne 27
      Vinland Saga 10

15 volumes for the month.

I also managed to get caught up on a lot of reading that I'd fallen behind on over the past few years. That project continues as I work my way through Nisekoi: False Love. Catching up is going to take a while, but I have more time now that I've retired.

Comment

A Certain Scientific Railgun Vols. 11-13
        Konohana Kitan Vol. 1
        New Game! Vol. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
          Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga Vols. 1-3 (Kindle/comiXology Editions)
          I think that is Batman manga by Kuwata Jiro, which were carried in the Shonen King and Shonen Gaho magazines in the 1960s.
          Kuwata Jiro was famous for his superhero manga such as Phantom Detective, Moonlight Mask and 8 Man. It is interesting that he also drew Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
            I think that is Batman manga by Kuwata Jiro, which were carried in the Shonen King and Shonen Gaho magazines in the 1960s.
            It looks like it is.

Kuwata Jiro was famous for his superhero manga such as Phantom Detective, Moonlight Mask and 8 Man. It is interesting that he also drew Batman.
            So he did 8 Man too? I'll definitely check that out along with the sequel 8 Man After. Thanks for the info!
            Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)

Comment

Also, the Batman manga was running during the original airing of the Batman TV series in 1966. AFAIK familiar foes like the Catwoman & the Joker don't appear in the manga but the villains that are in it are interesting & enough to give Batman & Robin a run for their money.
              Last edited by Jimmie M; 08-18-2018, 09:57 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

So he did 8 Man too? I'll definitely check that out along with the sequel 8 Man After. Thanks for the info!
                It's a pleasure.
                The scriptwriter of the 8 Man manga was famous sci-fi writer Hirai Kazumasa.
                You seem to enjoy both American superhero stuff and Japanese superhero stuff. ^_^
                You may have watched the 8 Man anime as Tobor the 8th Man on TV in your childhood.

Comment

Also, the Batman manga was running during the original airing of the Batman TV series in 1966. AFAIK familiar foes like the Catwoman & the Joker don't appear in it but the villains that are in it are interesting & enough to give Batman & Robin a run for their money.
                  Yes, Fuji TV broadcast live-action TV series Batman in Japan in 1966-67, and the Shonen Gaho and Shonen King magazines carried Kuwata's Batman manga in 1966-67.

The Shogakukan edition of Kuwata's Batman manga seems to have tables about which chapter of Kuwata's Batman is based on which Batman comic book.
                  http://michaelgoraku.blog22.fc2.com/...ntry-1385.html

Kuwata Jiro also drew an Ultra Seven manga.
                  https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1RVN472HSL.jpg

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X