Widgets Magazine

No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 176

Tomoko is back at home, and between her time at the study camp and when she's planned to go out with Nemo, judging by her calendar. And she does appear to still be studying with her textbooks out, though she has the TV going in the background and is of course distracted by it. Tomoko hears about how the most desired career for middle school boys is a Youtuber, and she thinks about how she wouldn't have to study if she made her living doing "Let's Plays" of video games.

Tomoko doesn't have much optimism she could actually get the kind of view counts that would make it work, but she decides to at least give it a try as a break from her studying. When Tomoko gets to recording things go as awkwardly as you expect from her. She's doing things in her nervous tone of voice and not really making any interesting commentary. And then Tomoki comes in wondering what the heck is going on at some point. It's amusing with her usual insulting retorts, how Tomoko is running with Sayaka's soccer fetish discoveries, as I'd expect her to. Tomoki feels like he really does have a "mega-perv-girl harem" of sorts now, as much as he doesn't actually want to be a weirdo magnet. Tomoko turning out to be a weirdo magnet has turned out on balance to be a pleasant thing for her. I do wonder if Tomoki will see any positives at some point.

I definitely can relate to the point where Tomoko is playing it back. Hearing your own voice and realizing how much it sucks... Tomoko realizes its just a dream and thinks it's more of a mens' thing anyway. As she looks up women out of curiosity, Tomoko definitely seems to come across a few that play up the sexy angle. Tomoko's probably not getting anywhere there either. But then she notices someone Youtubing with her own school uniform. She quickly gets to recognizing it as Emoji Mk. II, the one who has professed she wants to be a pro gamer. Tomoko takes notice of Shiki's sly sexiness in the video while she completely hides her face. Definitely quite interesting how Tomoko has noted Shiki's progression with her videos, with her just doing standard video game content at first without inserting herself in. But as she made the "sexier" videos even those earlier ones got more views. So she's reeled people in but might now have an easier time of getting them to the content she really wants to do.

I do like to see how Tomoko is kind of admiring to see what Shiki is doing, and the contrast with her own attempts. Tomoko does have a habit of being half-hearted in what she tries to do, but Shiki is really putting in her all and thinking about it. Tomoko does have to advance some in this regard if she ever wants to take the light novel author thing seriously, for sure.

Comment

• Special Chapter 10

This was a short, but definitely very interesting chapter in continuing to get more of a look at Minami's friend Sachi. We know she looks down on Minami, but not even Sachi's other friends are exempt from her ridicule. Maki got a boyfriend, but of course she's making fun of him rather than being happy for them, and then the other friend Nori is supposed to show up here, with Sachi commenting about how long it takes her to put on her makeup. Sachi is quite adept at baiting Minami in escalating the trash talk she's talking further and try to make it look like she's not quite as mean as her. Minami is just being used... devious Sachi.

Mako is here too, who is of course not as much fun for Sachi since she's a sweet girl who gets along with everyone and doesn't join in on trash talking. Mako seems to be more here for trying to keep Minami company anyway, with Minami being the one inviting them out. With just Sachi, though, it's definitely quite apparent to her that it's really bad company. I wonder how much of a part Sachi has had in building Minami's trash talking side. Mako is not the one to confront the mean ones one way or the other, like Akane or the lightly passive-aggressive side of Asuka, but to stay with them and try to keep them on a leash.

Comment

• Volume 18 Bonus

And now we get a bonus segment to add to the steaminess of the study training camp. It's what they were there for right, not really to study? :D But this is on the final night of the stay where Tomoko is asking Yuu to have some alone time in the bath just before it closes. Tomoko gets to the bath and sees Yuu there and is ready to pounce in her usual fashion. Tomoko only gets to realizing again how much a certain someone else looks just like her from behind as she's feeling the front. Oh boy, Tomoko has gone further with Ucchi now that maybe Ucchi could have expected. Tomoko is all but resigned to being creepy, which she rather deserves here. But just as Ucchi is about to do it, she remembers those drilling it in to her how it feels bad to be called that after her previous mishaps from calling Tomoko that. And much to Tomoko's surprise, it ends up coming out of Ucchi as "feels great". I'm actually kind of happy for Ucchi here. She was just reflecting the last day about not having made memories with Tomoko, but before the day is up, fate seemed to have served up the kind of thing she was looking for. I guess... Heh, I do wonder what awkward hijinks are next for them.

The writer's research visit to the hotel just turns out awkward. As he just can't help but think it seems creepy, as he comes across various situations that makes him feel potentially marked for surveillance. Ultimately he just stays in his room, and so you wonder if much actual research was done with this trip.

With the next volume preview, looks like I might have ended up guessing right a while back with Nemo wanting to take Tomoko to ||Comiket. Well, what we saw before with Tomoko trying to go didn't amount to anything after the reality of the crowds set in. Well, more than likely things will be different this summer, with a nerd friend she is much closer with than Komi. Definitely very intrigued how it will go.||

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X