X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] One & Only - Cover Art Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Please post all new cover art for manga, novels and art books, etc. in this thread only.

Thanks!
    - Michael

Avatar: Rodan - as awesome as he wants to be.

Do we want a manga cover art forum? I wouldn't want it to be connected to the DVD/BD forum, but would it be worth having its own?
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
      Do we want a manga cover art forum? I wouldn't want it to be connected to the DVD/BD forum, but would it be worth having its own?
      I don't think so - at least not unless we see a marked increase in traffic and discussions to the thread. We could always expand in the future if necessary?
      Yay! There's debauchery here!
      Moderating: Manga

Comment

A Certain Scientific Railgun 1 and 2.
        Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
          I don't think so - at least not unless we see a marked increase in traffic and discussions to the thread. We could always expand in the future if necessary?
          I certainly wish the manga forum got as much activity as the anime forum(s), as far apart as they are.

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
          A Certain Scientific Railgun 1 and 2.
          These two covers confuse me by being completely different, in style and layout.
          The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
            I certainly wish the manga forum got as much activity as the anime forum(s)
            Well, once upon a time it did... :/ My hope is always that it bounces back, but I honestly think manga must be the section hurt most by user attrition rates and the "most recent" major forum changeover. (And by that I don't mean this one...) We need to re-cultivate the manga readers.
            Yay! There's debauchery here!
            Moderating: Manga

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
              Even though it would likely not be as active, I'd welcome the idea. Mostly because I like the idea of not having everything confined to a single place. One thought that crossed my mind is giving each series its own thread for posting cover art as opposed to giving a thread for each volume. However that might backfire for series with a lot of volumes.
              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by Betenoire
                Princess Knight is up. Simple is lovely, I wants.
                I so cannot wait for this release! Getting both Sailor Moon and this in the same year amazes me.
                “There was a woman. First time I found someone that was truly alive - at least that's what I thought. She was...the part of me I'd lost somewhere along the way. The part that was missing, that I'd been longing for.” - Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
                  These two covers confuse me by being completely different, in style and layout.
                  Yeah, that's how the originals are too. The plus side here is the placement of the new logo on volume 2 allows more of the art to be seen. You can't even see Touma on the Japanese version. Volume 2 is the only one with that layout so far.
                  Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Re: One & Only - Cover Art Thread

Seven Seas has posted the cover art for A Certain Scientific Railgun vol 3. Volumes 5 and 6 are solicited for August 2012 and December 2012 respectively.

Comment

I'd love for individual NA manga releases to get more attention as well, and cover art topics are as good an excuse as any.

EDIT: Whoa, replying to apparently ancient discussion...

Comment

The covers for A Certain Scientific Railgun volumes 4, 5 and 6 have been revealed.

Comment

A post in the the news thread inspired me to check and Amazon has the cover art up for Moto Hagio's "Heart of Thomas" (due out 8/20/12).

Right Stuf doesn't even have a solicitation.
                          Moderator: General Anime, Off-Topic & Cover Art

Comment

Originally posted by Pelianth View Post
                            ...the cover art up for Moto Hagio's "Heart of Thomas".

Maybe based on the design of the Shōgakukan Bunko edition?

On a related note, the design of the first tankōbon of The Heart of Thomas (The Flower Comics edition in the Mid-'70s) is like this:
                            http://namakeneko.tea-nifty.com/phot...6/img_2201.jpg

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X