Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recs for Dawn of the Arcana

Widgets Magazine
    How is Dawn of the Arcana? It sounds potentially interesting, but does it skew towards the fantasy side? Or the arranged marriage aspect?

Originally posted by Amazon.com
    Princess Nakaba of Senan is forced to marry Prince Caesar of the enemy country Belquat, tantamount to becoming a hostage. While Caesar is pleasing to the eye, he is also selfish and possessive, telling Nakaba outright: “You are my property.” With only her attendant Loki at her side, Nakaba must find a way to cope with her hostile surroundings, her fake marriage...and a mysterious power!

Princess Nakaba of Senan and Prince Caesar of Belquat only married each other for the sake of peace between their two warring countries, but things take a surprising turn when Caesar finds himself falling for his strange wife! Caesar tries to get Nakaba to return his feelings, but she maintains that he is her enemy and that she hates him. So when Nakaba has a vision of Caesar getting killed, will she say anything to save him?
    Last edited by One Vorlon; 06-20-2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Re: Recs for Dawn of the Arcana

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
    How is Dawn of the Arcana? It sounds potentially interesting, but does it skew towards the fantasy side? Or the arranged marriage aspect?
    I'd say it skews towards the arranged marriage for the first quarter into the first half and then shifts over towards making use of the "mysterious power" once it awakens. I haven't finished the series yet, but I found it an interesting fast read. I'd recommend it.
    Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

I like the series, too. It has been a pretty entertaining read.

Comment

Hmm . . . are they a likeable couple? And what's the fantasy level? Lots of magic and supernatural creatures, or are magical powers rare?
        "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

They are a good couple. initially it might not seem like they will be but the relationship develops fairly quickly. The female lead is likeable from the beginning, but it takes a little bit for the male lead to thaw and become likeable. Not too long, though. The main magic seems to lie in the various arcana, which are not too common. The female lead has the arcana of time, which allows her glimpses of possible futures as well as the ability to view events in the past. She sees these as doors that she needs to open and go through to access. Other than that, I think the fantasy is basically medieval plotting and fighting with a persecuted minority group mixed in.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X