Widgets Magazine

Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness) returns from the dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychoidiot
    replied
    Re: Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness) returns from the dead.

Wow, I thought it wouldn't continue since the artwork changed after the artist broke her wrist or something. Glad to hear there might be a resolution.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

As a 2channeller in the Matsushita Yōko thread said, '御本人様による「ものすごくよく出来た至高の同人誌・永久保存版」 そ う 思 え ば お 得 で 幸 せ,' the Yami no Matsuei manga carried in the 'August 1, 2011' issue of The Hana to Yume was

Spoiler ->just a mahjong manga.

(Having yī wàn, Tsuzuki said, '麻雀で勝負だ! 蒼龍ッ!!')

This blogger wrote a joke that Matsushita Yōko might be going to contribute a mahjong manga to the Kindai Mahjong magazine.
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/henzinamami423...f5a91e7cc5b9ce

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied

Nice! I'd wondered if VIZ would publish the volume that came out last year, but didn't really have too many hopes for it - but with this news, it might make it a little more likely it will be continued here, too. I'm not actually all that surprised that it's resuming though, since there was that volume last year, and like you said, the publisher's been testing the market. I've seen magazine extras, artwork, whatever for this series off and on for years anyway, as though they never really wanted to call it over in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness) returns from the dead.

It’s been almost ten years!

Apparently the testing of the waters over the last two years proved to the publisher that there was still a market for Yami no Matsuei and it’s set to resume.

No idea if Viz has any plans to pick it up again. (I’m not sure how sales did after they foolishly censored volume 4.) I do know that the series initially sold solidly for them.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X