Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] Looking for Opinions: Fairy Tail and Tegami Bachi

Widgets Magazine
    Anyone have anything to say about either of these titles? I'm considering picking them up, but I wanted some impressions first. Tegami Bachi at least I experienced a little from when it ran in the US Shonen Jump for a bit. I don't remember it really hooking me, but I don't recall thinking it was bad, either.

Re: Looking for Opinions: Fairy Tail and Tegami Bachi

I like Tegami Bachi as it has really memorable and gorgeous art and one of the deepest and emotional stories around for series with action from Viz. Its really adventurous and quite compelling and consistently each volumes ranks pretty high for me for good story, characters, emotions, and art. Definitely check it out.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Tegami Bachi has been pretty good overall. I thought the first half dozen or so volumes were a little bit better than some of the later ones, but the later ones weren't bad.

I've read the first 19 volumes of Fairy Tail and have enjoyed it a lot. I'm a bit behind on the series, but will catch up eventually. There is plenty of humor, action and adventure in the series. The series is a lot of fun and I think that it is well worth checking out.

Comment

I dropped Fairy Tail after... nine volumes or something? I don't drop series very often, and I can't really remember why. I don't think it was grabbing me, which is odd because I've read far worse for far longer.

Tegami Bachi I like. The recent volumes have gone to a surprisingly dark place. It has a deceptively cute and whimsical nature, then it rips your heart out while you're distracted.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X