Widgets Magazine

Vertical licenses GTO: Shonan Junai-gumi and Shonan 14 Days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Manga] Vertical licenses GTO: Shonan Junai-gumi and Shonan 14 Days!

Widgets Magazine
    Source

Very nice. Hopefully these do well enough so that we can get a reprint of the original GTO.
    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Re: Vertical licenses GTO: Shonan Junai-gumi and Shonan 14 Days!

Not quite a rescue from the TP implosion, as Shonan Junai-gumi has been dead for over two years, but still, great to see both books will be hitting U.S. shelves. Hopefully I'll actually be able to complete Shonan Junai-gumi this go around (always assumed the series was something of a dud over here, so I am a bit surprised it's gotten re-licensed).

Wouldn't mind a reprint of GTO, either. Fingers crossed both books do whatever they need to in sales to make a new edition of the manga a reality.
    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I wasn't even aware that there was a sequel to GTO, so I'm very excited to see more Onizuka in the 14 Days series!

Comment

Oh my goodness - this is a nice surprise.

Comment

I have one more reason to hunt for the original series...

Comment

Exciting news! I bought the 10 volumes of SJG that Tokypop put out, so I'm really glad that someone is finishing it. One more reason to love Vertical!
            Last edited by RedTail; 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I read this and thought it was someone trolling but I'm happy to see it's real.
              Thank you Vertical.

Comment

I've never read GTO (I admit), but I did read Shonan Junai-gumi as Tokyopop put it out and really enjoyed it, and was really ticked off when Ko-damn-sha pulled the license 2/3 of the way through. None of the bookstores in my area ever carried #9, but I recently found it and #10 online for pretty cheap and figured that'd be it. Now Vertical's gonna re-release it. Damn.

I wonder how they'll be releasing it. Will they start at the beginning again or will they start where TP left off (#11/21)? Or will they essentially do both like Yen Press did with Yotsuba? I don't want to have to wait another two or three years before unreleased material comes out. But, if there's a significant increase in quality, I wouldn't mind rebuying the whole thing (but unlike other TP series {Love Hina}, I never had a huge problem with SJG's translation, my problem with it is the way-too-dark print quality).
                "Old School does not start at 2008!" -- David Williams
                Avatar: Rarity beckons you to join the Pony Legion.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X