X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmfsilenthill
    replied
    Re: Gate 7 - latest series by CLAMP

Looks/sounds great. This would be my first Clamp series as I definitely plan to pick this up in October. Dark Horse is now the vast majority of the manga I buy.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied

Originally posted by touma View Post
    I was not even aware that CLAMP has issues with unfinished titles.
    Did they finish "Kobato"?
    It's still ongoing (as far as I know?), but they often work on more than one title simultaneously, sometimes several. To be fair, lots of artists have unfinished titles or ones they'd like to go back to and expand, it's just a pretty vocal frustration in the CLAMP fanbase because they're so popular, or in the case of something like X, the reasons so epically frustrating.

I actually wouldn't say CLAMP is an automatic buy for me either, but I do like what I like, even if sometimes I think I'm only buying for the "ooh pretty CLAMP" factor. (Which is why I called myself a sucker, I guess, LOL.) While I'm pretty sure I've read all of their works published in English, I don't own them all, and I'm very selective on the ones I'm double-dipping for. I wasn't sure if I was super interested in Kobato actually, especially because, at the time, I was more concerned with them finishing things like Tsubasa and xxxHolic, but the hype kind of did me in; I bought the volumes to support Yen and so I'd have them on hand when I got around to reading it.

But, I like fantasy and magic elements in manga a lot, and it's something I've always thought CLAMP's did especially well, so Gate 7 looks interesting enough to try.

Originally posted by touma View Post
    I guess that I should not count on getting any new information from the Mania Manga Comparison Chart.
    Considering it's me who updates that chart....and that Mania doesn't seem to care [about anything] .... That would probably be a fair assumption.

Leave a comment:

• touma
    replied

Originally posted by Sandrylina View Post
    Any one else interested in this? I just expressed my frustration over one of CLAMP's unfinished series, and here they are starting a new one
    I will be waiting until a few issues of this are translated before I make a decision. Even though I really admire CLAMP their work is just not an automatic buy for me.
    "Cardcaptor Sakura" is still my favorite manga and they have done several others that I like, but they have also done a few that I do not like and some that looked good but I just could not get interested in them.

I was not even aware that CLAMP has issues with unfinished titles.
    Did they finish "Kobato"?

I guess that I should not count on getting any new information from the Mania Manga Comparison Chart.

Leave a comment:

• Sonicbug
    replied

I’m going to admit... I’m totally CLAMP’d out. I’m only interested if it DOESN’T tie into any of their existing properties at this point.

I’m also amazed CLAMP still lists Clover, X, and Legal Drug under the ‘totally still working on these!’ category of their website. Especially Clover, since it actually works as a complete series.

Leave a comment:

• LKK
    replied

I plan to pick it up. I'm a sucker for CLAMP, finished or not. I can't think of anything they've done that I disliked, so they pretty much get an automatic buy from me.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied

Yeah, I'll be picking this up to try. I know what to expect from CLAMP and I guess I'm a sucker for it. I don't think anyone should hold their breath for their unfinished works at this point, though. Gotta say though, CLAMP is almost all that's keeping Dark Horse relevant to me. :/

Leave a comment:

• Sandrylina
    started a topic [Manga] Gate 7 - latest series by CLAMP

Gate 7 - latest series by CLAMP

Article here. Dark Horse will be publishing the first volume of this series October 25, 2011.

Any one else interested in this? I just expressed my frustration over one of CLAMP's unfinished series, and here they are starting a new one, but I rather like that cover, and the story sure seems to suit them while still seeming interesting enough.

-Sandrylina-
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X