Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Hanasaku Iroha

Widgets Magazine
    Iroha will have nine volumes total. The first eight will retail for 8190 yen (BD)/6510 yen (DVD) apiece with the final volume retailing for 6,615 yen (BD)/4935 yen (DVD). The publisher is Pony Canyon.

Here is the release schedule according to Rakuten:
    Volume 1: 07/20/2011 Cover Art/Box 1 Preview art/Booklet Preview/Packaging article
    Volume 2: 08/17/2011 Cover art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 3: 09/21/2011 Cover art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 4: 10/19/2011 Cover art/Box 2 Preview art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 5: 11/16/2011 Cover art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 6: 12/21/2011 Cover art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 7: 01/18/2012 Cover Art/Box 3 Preview art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 8: 02/15/2012 Cover art/Booklet Preview
    Volume 9: 03/21/2012 Cover Art/Notebook Box Preview art/Booklet Preview

The show will have 3 episodes per disc for all but the final disc, which will have 2. The LE of the first volume will contain an artbox that holds 3 volumes, and volumes 4 and 7 will contain the other two. The LE of Volume 9 will contain a box to hold the booklets much like Kanon and Clannad

Common bonus features for all BD releases are non-text openings and endings as well as staff and character commentary. A special digipack packagaing and a 64 page booklet in the Hanairo Notebook series will be included.

The DVD version (and hypothetically RE BD) will only contain the video extras (textless OP/ED, PVs, etc).

Online retailers/Store Bonuses:

Thanks to muhoot for alerting me to the releases/links.
    Last edited by ultimatemegax; 02-20-2012, 08:51 PM.
    "It'd be great if you could call me by the katakana pronunciation."
    "The kanji pronunciation is the same as the katakana one."
    Posting thoughts, reviews, and personal favorites at my personal blog.

Just out curiosity, was that Vol.1 cover art link ever working before? I thought I remember seeing it before with the Mania thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      Just out curiosity, was that Vol.1 cover art link ever working before? I thought I remember seeing it before with the Mania thread.
      It was working when the release was first solicited on the official site. The timing coincided when the site was rapidly visited after the first episode and Pony Canyon had to host it on a backup server. As I copied the link from that site, when the site went back to its official domain, the backup site was shutdown. I did not inspect the link during the transition from Mania and I apologize. It is now fixed to link correctly. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

Volume 1 Full Details

The official site updated the listing with design images of the cover/packaging and first box. They also updated the details about the included extras.

The first volume will contain episodes 1-3. The extras include the special cover image, the first non-text opening, and two types of audio commentary for the first episode. Track 1 will be character commentary by Ohana (Kanae Itou) and Tomoe (Mamiko Noto). Track 2 will be standard commentary by Itou, the director Masahiro Ando, producer Kenji Horikawa, and producer Takayuki Nagatani.

The first pressing will have the special artbox linked above and a 64 page all color booklet entitled Hanairo Notebook 1st. The booklet will have the opening and ending rough cuts and original images as well as a 6 page draft from Jiroumaru entitled "The Bubble-smothered New Employee Training Session".

Edit: This blog post uploaded this image of the 64 page booklet and some selected pages. It looks to have some character designs/notes as well.
        Last edited by ultimatemegax; 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Re: Volume 1 Full Details

Originally posted by ultimatemegax View Post
          The official site updated the listing with design images of the cover/packaging and first box. They also updated the details about the included extras.
          The box looks lovely.

as well as a 6 page draft from Jiroumaru entitled "The Bubble-smothered New Employee Training Session".
          That's hilarious. Here's hoping its illustrated.
          So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Updated this post and the original post with details gathered from Pony Canyon's blog about the release, boxes, and another preview image from the booklet.

Comment

The official site updated the listing with design images of the cover/packaging and first box.
              Vol.1 looks nice. The first artbox looks fantastic.

Comment

The official blog updated with some images of the first package sample provided by Pony Canyon.

Comment

Volume 2 Cover Art

The official listing updated today with the information for volume 2. Here is the cover art. Included in this volume is the standard two type audio commentaries and the non-text ending. The first pressing gets a digipack and the Hana no Iro Booklet ②.

For this volume we have character commentary on episode 6 by Minko (CV.Chiaki Omigawa) and Nako (CV.Aki Toyosaki). There is another commentary track on episode 4 by series composer Mari Okada and producers Kenji Horikawa and Takayuki Nagatani.

Comment

Re: Volume 2 Cover Art

Here is the cover art.
                    Another nice artwork. I like it a bit more than the first volume.

Comment

Re: Hanasaku Iroha

via old forum | Vol.1 (first press)
                      Originally posted by TMSIDR
                      here's a link to my small article with screenshots and photos:

http://www.animeinblu.com/2081/hanas...st-press-japan

Comment

Re: Hanasaku Iroha

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        via old forum | Vol.1 (first press)
                        Originally posted by TMSIDR
                        here's a link to my small article with screenshots and photos:

http://www.animeinblu.com/2081/hanas...st-press-japan
                        And I just posted a more fuller review on my blog to include more pictures of the artbook and artbox.

Comment

Here is the cover art.
                          Amazon Japan has posted the enlarged cover art: link.

Comment

The official listing updated today with the information for volume 2. Here is the cover art. Included in this volume is the standard two type audio commentaries and the non-text ending. The first pressing gets a digipack and the Hana no Iro Booklet ②.

For this volume we have character commentary on episode 6 by Minko (CV.Chiaki Omigawa) and Nako (CV.Aki Toyosaki). There is another commentary track on episode 4 by series composer Mari Okada and producers Kenji Horikawa and Takayuki Nagatani.
                            The site updated today with a little bit of information about the booklet. The booklet will contain an interview with Art Director Kazuki Higashiji and some art stills entitled The Fine Art of Iroha among other things.

Comment

Volume 3 Cover Art

The official listing updated today with the information for volume 3. Here is the cover art. Included in this volume is the standard two type audio commentaries and the non-text version of the second opening. The first pressing gets a digipack and the Hana no Iro Booklet ③. The booket contains an interview with character designer Mel Kishida and The Character Illustrations of Iroha.

For this volume we have character commentary on episode 7 by Ohana (CV.Kanae Itou) and Yuina (CV.Haruka Tomatsu). There is another commentary track on episode 8 by the art director, episode 8 supervisor, and line producer. (names will be added in when ANN is back up)
                              Last edited by ultimatemegax; 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X