• Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] After War Gundam X BD-Box

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.gundam-x.net/news.php#13831
    https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/news/674
    https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/item/BCXA-1313

Amazon Japan listing

BD-Box (39 eps): 52000yen + tax. March 23, 2018.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-27-2017, 10:08 PM.

And here it is, the last cel-animated Gundam that was left to release on Blu-ray... unless you count the SD Gundam shorts. I see no mention of a new telecine from film masters, though. I usually trust Sunrise, but the Infinite Ryvius BD-Box is a recent reminder that they don't have a perfect track record.
    Last edited by Zhou; 08-27-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
      And here it is, the last cel-animated Gundam that was left to release on Blu-ray... unless you count the SD Gundam shorts. I see no mention of a new telecine from film masters, though. I usually trust Sunrise, but the Infinite Ryvius BD-Box is a recent reminder that they don't have a perfect track record.
      They got lazy with Ryvius because while I can't speak for After War in the case of Ryvius the show has alot of Digital effects and I'm guessing they went for a consistent presentation (stupidly) instead of the inconsistency of Upscale and Full HD that would have been required (think Kite from Media Blasters).

So like I say I haven't seen After War but unless it has the same issue then all should be good.
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Nah don't worry there are no digital scenes or effects in Gundam X. I am very excited to see this show on Blu-Ray its age really shows compared to every other Gundam series since all of them are now on Blu-Ray; but a lot of people forget that most of them had DVD releases with new transfers (the G-Selection DVD box sets) since the early-mid 2000's which looked worlds better than the original home media releases. X is the only Gundam series that had still been re-releasing the original home media mastered version which is kinda crazy. I really hope it's a big step up cause Gundam X deserves it, one of the most underrated Gundam series of all time in my opinion and gets way too much unfair hate.
        ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          Amazon Japan listing

BD-Box (39 eps): 52000yen + tax. March 23, 2018.
          Early pre-order bonus listing also added.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
            Nah don't worry there are no digital scenes or effects in Gundam X. I am very excited to see this show on Blu-Ray its age really shows compared to every other Gundam series since all of them are now on Blu-Ray; but a lot of people forget that most of them had DVD releases with new transfers (the G-Selection DVD box sets) since the early-mid 2000's which looked worlds better than the original home media releases. X is the only Gundam series that had still been re-releasing the original home media mastered version which is kinda crazy. I really hope it's a big step up cause Gundam X deserves it, one of the most underrated Gundam series of all time in my opinion and gets way too much unfair hate.
            The problem isn't whether there are SD digital scenes, it's whether the show was edited on videotape instead of film. If there aren't film masters, they'd have to find the film materials for each individual shot and essentially re-edit each episode from scratch before doing a telecine. In the case of The Big O's first season and Infinite Ryvius, my theory is that Sunrise edited them on videotape and then stupidly got rid of the film materials.
            Last edited by Zhou; 01-24-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. I managed to snag a copy of the BD box promo and while the upload to Twitter hurt the compression a bit, it's pretty clear just how good this looks.

https://twitter.com/Schmullus1/statu...68199276986368

I did a few comparisons as follow-ups to the commercial using the DVD masters.

Comment

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/news/674

cover art

Comment

Additional artwork: http://www.gundam-x.net/bluray.html

LINK / LINK / LINK / LINK

Comment

http://www.gundam-x.net/bluray.html

BD-Box cover art + packaging shot

Comment

slightly larger packaging shot

Comment

https://na.gundam.info/news/video-mu...0323_0011.html

Bandai Visual has released the "AFTER WAR GUNDAM X Blu-ray Memorial Boxset" on March 23, 2018 (Friday). The price before tax is 52,000 yen.

This is the story of a new "Newtype" in the exciting "AFTER WAR GUNDAM X" series contained for the first-time ever on Blu-ray discs in a Memorial Box. This HD remaster has the clearest images, and contains all 39 episodes. It all comes with a collector's box, as well as newly illustrated inner jacket.

The extras include a new comic that contains the story of Garrod and Tifa, jacket art book containing the illustrations of all past cover images, a special booklet spanning 66 pages. Audio extras include new commentary tracks as well as previous audio commentary archives.

In addition, for the video extras, the 144-page commentary from DVD Memorial Boxset (BCBA-2070) has been put into the digital archive, and all the "Gundam X" movie scenes from the videogames "SD Gundam G Generation" and "Gundam Versus" are included as well.

【Release Date】

March 23, 2018 (Friday)

※1 year limited release edition

【Price】

52,000 Yen(excluding tax)

【Catalog Number】

BCXA-1313

【Specifications】

Color / 995 minutes(Main Program 933 minutes+Extras 62 minutes) / Linear PCM(Stereo・Part Monaural) / AVC / BD50G?8 discs / 4:3<1080p High Definition>・Some Extras 4:3<1080i High Definition>・Some Extras 16:9<1080p High Definition>・Some Extras 16:9<1080i High Definition>

【Extras】
                        • Brand new comic (64P)
                        ※Director・Shinji Takamatsu、Story・Hiroyuki Kawasaki、Manga・Kouichi Tokita, a story of Garrod and Tifa's new adventures, ?NEXT PROLOGUE?!
                        • Jacket Illustration Artbook(36P)
                        • Special Booklet(66P)
                        【Video Extras】
                        • Textless OP&ED(OP 5・ED 3・Final ED)
                        • Gunpla CFs
                        • Episode 1 promotional spot
                        • Next episode previews
                        • Broadcast promotional spots
                        • DVD Memorial Boxset CM
                        • DVD Memorial Box Booklet Archive
                        • Blu-ray Memorial Boxset PV&CM
                        • Videogame Movie Collection