Widgets Magazine

Star Blazers 2202 (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Star Blazers 2202 (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202)

Widgets Magazine
    http://yamato2202.net/bddvd

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/item/BCXA-1204
    https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/item/BCBA-4817

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=tsm_1...ode=2495298051

Amazon Japan listings (includes Amz JP exclusives)

English title listed on JP site is Star Blazers 2202 (2199 used Space Battleship Yamato instead). EngSub is NOT listed.

v1 (of 7)

March 4, 2017
    - BD LE (BVC Exclusive): 9259yen + tax

March 24, 2017.
    - BD: 7800yen + tax
    - DVD: 6800yen + tax
    Last edited by WTK; 09-08-2016, 06:44 PM.

Re: Star Blazers 2202 (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202)

So are they going to pull another Terraformars and not include English subtitles for the second season? I really, really dislike that Star Blazers title, too - That was the main reason I went with the Japanese releases for 2199 and not the US series - and good that I did, seeing as the US series was never finished.

Comment

Now would be a really good time for Bandai Visual to finally release the second season of the original Yamato on Blu-ray. I wonder what's the holdup, considering all Yamato movies (most of which are set after the second season) came out on BD years ago.

Comment

v1 Amz listing is now up: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=tsm_1...ode=2495298051

Comment

It would suck if they didn't include the English sub as that I bought all the first series BDs and loved it. If that happens I won't ever buy such JP releases until they release them all. I already got burned after buying Jojo Bizzare's first season.
          Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

But how will you ever know when a studio has finally "released them all?" Back then we had no idea there was going to be a Yamato 2202 or another Stardust Crusaders anime (although I guess it became pretty obvious due to the success of their predecessors).

Comment

Amazon JP now lists a 3/24 release date for the first volume
              Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
                Amazon JP now lists a 3/24 release date for the first volume
                Fixed. It's actually a mistake on my part.

Comment

If 2202 doesn't have English subtitles, I'm gonna be devastated. 2199 is one of my favorite shows! I need 2202!

Comment

I am kind of dumbfounded that it actually says Star Blazers even on the Japanese cover. That crazy. It would be like if the Japanese BDs for Macross Delta said in big English letters "Robotech Delta" across them. Or if Ghibli released a Nausicaa sequel with the official English title "Warriors of the Wind 2."

Comment

Originally posted by russ869 View Post
                      I am kind of dumbfounded that it actually says Star Blazers even on the Japanese cover. That crazy. It would be like if the Japanese BDs for Macross Delta said in big English letters "Robotech Delta" across them. Or if Ghibli released a Nausicaa sequel with the official English title "Warriors of the Wind 2."
                      I totally follow what you're getting-at, but in this instance, the Japanese rights holder for Yamato also owns Star Blazers, unlike the whole situation with Macross and Robotech. If anything, we can hope having "Star Blazers" on the Japanese cover will prove a favorable portent to the discs featuring English subtitles.

With Voyager Entertainment seemly abandoning their US release of Yamato 2199, at this point unless someone wants to grab the whole kit and caboodle for the US, there's a good chance none of the domestic companies would consider licensing just Yamato 2202 (which is to say nothing of the various compromises such a release would probably feature).
                      Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I agree with Junker Woland, all these signs points toward the Japanese release being targeting both Japanese and international market. Also, if CD Japan is accurate, the release will be Region-Free.
                        Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Agreed about the first point. Although, I wouldn't take CDJapan listing it as region-free to mean much - almost all JP releases are region-free.

Comment

Vol.1 cover

https://twitter.com/makomako713/stat...47776624214016

LINK (looks to be v1 theatrical release)

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
                              I agree with Junker Woland, all these signs points toward the Japanese release being targeting both Japanese and international market. Also, if CD Japan is accurate, the release will be Region-Free.
                              ... and yet we still have no word at all about any inclusion of English subtitles for the JP 2202 releases, like the 2199 series had... we're only two months out from release.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X