Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GaoGaiGar BD-Boxes

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Kinda hard to tell if there were many improvements besides colors since the resolution of the comparison was so low. I also saw a lot of combing in the BD shots, not sure if that was Youtube's fault or not.

Comment

http://www.gaogaigar.net/FINAL/product

Amazon Japan listing (includes Amz JP exclusive)

GaoGaiGar Final BD-Box. 28000yen + tax. December 21, 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        http://www.gaogaigar.net/FINAL/product

Amazon Japan listing (includes Amz JP exclusive)

GaoGaiGar Final BD-Box. 28000yen + tax. December 21, 2016.
        cover art | packaging shot

Comment

Holy crap, the GaoGaiGar Final box came with a huge artbox that holds all 3 GaoGaiGar BD boxes, totally overlooked this in the product description. This thing is almost as big as the two Laserdisc box sets of the TV series put together.

And HOLY FUCKING CRAP, GGG Final was done on cels/35mm (at least the first 2 eps, which is all that I've watched so far). The BDs are 1080i but so far only have a handful of upscaled footage. Never dreamed a Sunrise show from the early 2000's was still done on cels/film, this is beautiful.

I'm assuming that later eps are digital since the original GGG Final series didn't finish until 2003, but even if only the first few episodes are non-upscales, this box set is much better than I was expecting.

Damn, now I really want Takara Masterpiece figures (fuck SOC, Takara's Masterpiece figures in recent years have been much better engineered than anything Bandai has put out) of GaoFighGar and Kouryuu/Anryuu.
          Last edited by BusterD; 12-20-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The first 98 episodes of Inuyasha were also done by Sunrise in traditional cel animation, and they aired between 2000 and 2003, so it's possible that the entirety of GGG Final (which I've never watched) was animated that way. The fact that this early '00s OVA got remastered from the original film gives me hope that Inuyasha's film masters are still around.
            Last edited by Zhou; 12-20-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

If so then I wonder how they handled the Grand Glorious Gathering TV episodes since half of that was all new wasn't it?
              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

off-topic...

https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog...2/Z0823/3.html
                https://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/work/news.php?id=19181
                https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09HTR2JDP
                https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09HTR4H7S (Amz JP exclusive)

https://www.facebook.com/FlyingDogOf...06715927615308

30th anniversary Brave series box set “DX BRAVEST” to be released in January next year!

The Brave series is a robot anime series produced by Sunrise that consists of eight series from 1990’s Brave Exkaiser to 1997’s The King of Braves GaoGaiGar. A new Blu-ray & CD box set titled “DX BRAVEST” will be released on January 19, 2022.

The Blu-ray disc will contain the OPs and EDs from all eight series remastered in HD. The 7 CDs will contain all the songs from the series, including opening theme songs, ending theme songs, insert songs, TV sizes, karaoke versions, and more!

Product information
                Title: OP&ED Blu-ray & All Song CD-BOX “DX Bravest”
                Release date: January 19, 2020
                Blu-ray x 1 + CD x 7 VTZF-106
                Price: ¥19,800 (including tax)

Product contents
                Blu-ray Disc
                HD OP & ED themes without credits from all 8 series:
                1. Brave Exkaiser
                2. The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird
                3. The Brave Fighter of Legend Da-Garn
                4. The Brave Express Might Gaine
                5. Brave Police J-Decker
                6. The Brave of Gold Goldran
                7. Brave Command Dagwon
                8. The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
                Bonus: OP/ED collection with credits for all 8 TVOA versions
                *With the exception of GaoGaiGar, all songs were recorded in monaural to maintain the feeling of the originals.

CDs
                Disc 1: All 8 OP & ED theme songs
                Disc 2: Insert songs from The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird, The Brave Fighter of Legend Da-Garn, The Brave Express Might Gaine
                Disc 3: Insert songs from Brave Police J-Decker, The Brave of Gold Goldran, Brave Command Dagwon
                Disc 4: Insert songs from Brave Command Dagwon, The King of Braves GaoGaiGar / Bonus: ED of Brave Command Dagwon: The Boy with Crystal Eyes
                Disc 5: All 8 OP & ED theme songs (TV size)
                Disc 6: All 8 OP & ED theme songs (karaoke)
                Disc 7: Karaoke collection of insert songs for combining and battle scenes, other

Booklet (148 pages)
                Contains a message from Producer Takayuki Yoshii, interviews with past directors (Katsuyoshi Yatabe, Shinji Takamatsu, Tomomi Mochizuki, Yoshitomo Yonetani), and all lyrics

Comment

^ Nov 20:

Comment

Hmm, most of the OP clips in the video linked in that yusha.net post appear to be remastered (looked pretty DNRed though, but hard to tell with YouTube), hopefully that means the rest of the Yuusha series are coming out on BD.
                    Edit: Oh, the remastering was already noted on WTK's post from Oct., totally missed that before
                    Edit2: The description on Amazon JP specifically says that the film no longer exists for J-Decker OP 3, which isn't a good sign...
                    Last edited by BusterD; 11-21-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

off-topic...

BRAVE Series 30th Anniversary: OP & ED Blu-ray & All Songs CD-Box DX BRAVEST

cover art | packaging shot

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X