X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Fullmetal Alchemist BD-Box

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.hagaren.jp/1st/bluray_disc_box/

Amazon Japan listings | October 29, 2014.
    - Fullmetal Alchemist BD-Box LE (51 eps.): 37800yen
    - Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa (Blu-ray): 5184yen
    Last edited by WTK; 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM.

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist BD-Box

Oh god I hope Funimation get this. Or better yet that this has English Support. I know It would be an upscale but I would still love this show on Blu ray! It is my joint favourite show with Brotherhood lol
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Very interesting. I hope it's a faithful upscale like Eureka Seven, and not a smeary one like RahXephon.

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
        Oh god I hope Funimation get this. Or better yet that this has English Support. I know It would be an upscale but I would still love this show on Blu ray! It is my joint favourite show with Brotherhood lol
        I don't know for sure, of course, but considering that Fullmetal Alchemist is historically one of Funi's top sellers, it's hard for me to believe that they WOULDN'T release it at some point.

Comment

This could potentially end up as a Baccano situation where AoA gets BD rights.
          "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
            Oh god I hope Funimation get this. Or better yet that this has English Support. I know It would be an upscale but I would still love this show on Blu ray! It is my joint favourite show with Brotherhood
            I don't know for sure, of course, but considering that Fullmetal Alchemist is historically one of Funi's top sellers, it's hard for me to believe that they WOULDN'T release it at some point.
            Unless the fact that it's an Aniplex license would, with the doubtful exception of FUNimation's legal counsel over a decade ago being forward-thinking enough to draw up a contract that included all future format releases when originally acquiring the DVD rights, make it more likely that AoA would get first dibs on domestic Blu-ray rights as per their first right of refusal clause (see also: Baccano!), and in all likelihood say yes to them, particularly given the prestige and saleability of the title.

Which itself may be further preempted in the event that the Japanese release includes the dub and subtitles, in which case a limited-distribution import release facilitated by AoA and TRSI would occur first, with a (cheaper) domestic edition to follow at some point, maybe.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
              Originally posted by Glorian View Post
              Oh god I hope Funimation get this. Or better yet that this has English Support. I know It would be an upscale but I would still love this show on Blu ray! It is my joint favourite show with Brotherhood
              Unless the fact that it's an Aniplex license would, with the doubtful exception of FUNimation's legal counsel over a decade ago being forward-thinking enough to draw up a contract that included all future format releases when originally acquiring the DVD rights, make it more likely that AoA would get first dibs on domestic Blu-ray rights as per their first right of refusal clause (see also: Baccano!), and in all likelihood say yes to them, particularly given the prestige and saleability of the title.

Which itself may be further preempted in the event that the Japanese release includes the dub and subtitles, in which case a limited-distribution import release facilitated by AoA and TRSI would occur first, with a (cheaper) domestic edition to follow at some point, maybe.
              I will cautiously say that I would Like the AoA situation to occur here as I think they are likely to give it a really nice set while Funimation perhaps wouldn't
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Yeah, my feeling is that if Funi were to release it, it would head straight to the Anime Classics line. It is possible that they would make an exception since it has such a popular status here in the US, but previous BD reissues (like Yu Yu Hakusho), seem to point against it.
                Last edited by Anime_Otaku35; 05-27-2014, 03:09 PM.
                "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Wow, I've wanted this for so long. I'm sure it'll be way out of my price range but it's nice to see that the original series hasn't been completely forgotten.
                  MAL Profile

Comment

Up @ Amz JP now:

- Fullmetal Alchemist BD-Box LE
                    - Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa (Blu-ray)
                    Last edited by WTK; 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Any word on whether it will include the OVAs?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                        Any word on whether it will include the OVAs?
                        I don't see it mentioned. I see the 51 episodes (and the movie getting re-released separately). So that would be a no until noted otherwise?

EDIT: https://www.aniplexplus.com/itemTqLEXigu ... I don't see it with this detailed listing.
                        Last edited by WTK; 05-27-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Heh, wouldn't it just be the greatest joke ever if they ended up using FUNimation's blurry, smeary, subpar upscale for Conqueror of Shamballa, instead of doing their own?
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

YES, I am so excited for this release, like most others I hope it can get a domestic release too & hopefully FUNimation can do a great job with it or Aniplex won't milk us like with Gurren Lagann. If not maybe Anime Limited could get the rights to it soon enough.

Comment

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ANZX-11111
                              Here comes finally the Blu-ray disc box of Studio Bones popular TV anime series "Fullmetal Alchemist" including complete 51 episodes in HD remastered version (8 discs)! Comes with special booklet and illustrated jacket.

Special Feature / Bonus Track: creditless intro & outro, comedy version of trailer "Ura Hagane"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X