• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Ah! My Goddess Seasons 1 & 2 BD-Boxes

Widgets Magazine
    Amazon Japan links below:

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index...&ino=BCXA-0919: 28000yen
    Season 1 BD-Box (26 eps + eps 12.5): 30240yen. September 24, 2014.

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index...&ino=BCXA-0920: 28000yen
    Season 2 BD-Box (24 eps + 2 eps from Tatakau Tsubasa special): 30240yen. November 21, 2014.

S1 BD-Box (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BCXA-919)
    Blu-ray box release of "Ah My Goddess (Aa Megami Sama)" TV anime series including 24 episodes and 3 original episodes ("Aa? Urudo no Chiisana Koi Monogatari?", "Aa! Doki Doki wa Otona no Aji?", "Aa! Megami to Kokan Nikki?"). Comes with booklet and box illustrated by the popular character designer Hidenori Matsubara.

Special Feature / Bonus Track: talk between cast, special footage "Belldandy Hojutsu Koza" (previously included on DVD), audio commentary
    S2 BD-Box (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BCXA-920)
    Blu-ray box release of "Ah My Goddess (Aa Megami Sama)" TV anime series including "Sore Zore no Tsubasa" 24 episodes and "Fighting Wings" 2 episodes. Comes with booklet and box illustrated by the popular character designer Hidenori Matsubara.

Special Feature / Bonus Track: talk between cast, audio commentary
    Last edited by WTK; 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM.

Re: Ah! My Goddess Seasons 1 & 2 BD-Boxes

Would rather have the OVAs and the movie on BD first, since the TV series was likely animated in SD. But I guess Bandai only has the license for the TV series.
    I wonder if the OADs were animated in HD. If they were, a BD box set of those would also be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BusterD View Post
      Would rather have the OVAs and the movie on BD first, since the TV series was likely animated in SD. But I guess Bandai only has the license for the TV series.
      I wonder if the OADs were animated in HD. If they were, a BD box set of those would also be nice.
      Yeah, OVAs for me. The TV series aren't that bad and probably will look decent enough being upscaled, but I too, would rather see the OVAs in HD first.

Comment

I'm pretty sure these seasons were digital SD, and have been upscaled. I would also much rather have the OVAs and the movie. They were much better-made programs too.
        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

While I know the dangers of looking at something on DVD and trying to say "hey, that looks like it was probably animated in HD," that's what I'd say about the OADs. It would be nice to have them all on Blu-ray as well, and I'm not sure why a disc for those wasn't also solicited at the same time, considering there aren't going to be any more beyond the existing three since the manga is ending and all. Hopefully that disc is forthcoming shortly. I mean, I own 'em on DVD, but I double-dipped to get things like the Blu-ray release of the first group of Yozakura Quartet OADs, so I'd definitely double-dip here too.

That aside, I too would rather have the movie and OVAs on Blu-ray first.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
            I'm pretty sure these seasons were digital SD, and have been upscaled. I would also much rather have the OVAs and the movie. They were much better-made programs too.
            Keep in mind that the TV series is a more faithful adaptaion of the manga (Up through at least vol. 14 IIRC) & IMO stands up pretty well in its own right. It is curious that the OVAs & movie have not gotten the BD treatment in Japan yet though-Hopefully that will happen there sometime soon.
            Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
            Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

I don't dislike the TV series, but I adored the OVAs and movie, especially the OVAs. I think they work well independent to the manga, and were very memorable in their own right. The TV series always seemed a bit bland to me, I don't know why.
              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                I don't dislike the TV series, but I adored the OVAs and movie, especially the OVAs. I think they work well independent to the manga, and were very memorable in their own right.
                Oh, I most certainly agree with you about that. I also own the OVA series & movie (I bought them both long before getting Animeigo's DVD release of You're Under Arrest! & I love them too) along with the TV series & Adventures of the Mini-Goddess. Again, a BD release of both in Japan & R1 would be most welcome in addition to the TV series.
                Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                  While I know the dangers of looking at something on DVD and trying to say "hey, that looks like it was probably animated in HD," that's what I'd say about the OADs.
                  Do the credits have HD編集, or are there any similar clues to them being animated in HD, like being progressively encoded at 23.976fps?

Comment

S1 BD-Box cover art: LINK / LINK

Comment

Being an AMG fan i would love to own it on BD if it's done right. I like it if the sets includes sub. I don't know how AMG still holds in the US for a possible BD release but i think it could happen down the line.
                      Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        S1 BD-Box cover art: LINK / LINK
                        S2 BD-Box cover art: LINK / LINK

Comment

Huh, that's interesting. I'd never cared for the "Flights of Fancy" season subtitle that was used for the ADV release (props to ADV for titling the first volume "Everybody Has Wings" as something of a concession to fans who were paying attention), but I'd never really blamed ADV for it since logically it's something that would have had to have been approved by the Japanese one way or another, so it's interesting to see it here, which confirms the Japanese had indeed created it in the first place and possibly mandated its use.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Very nice-And it includes the Fighting Wings OVA! Sweet!

Comment

Had they included the (excellent) English dub in these releases, I might have considered getting them, upscale though they are. Without that or even an English sub track…while I did enjoy the show a lot, it's not going to be.

Though it would be nice if this means in a few years, it might be possible to re-release the show here on Blu-ray, though I know the chances of that are not high at all, with the manga ending and thus doubts, I'm sure, on the part of R1 licensees as to whether it would sell enough to justify the license fee to Japan for BD and for the OVAs (the new ones—not OMG—which there would be a clamor for as they've never been released here).
                              Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
                              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                              I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
                              Casual

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X