Widgets Magazine

Geneon Universal Ent. Japan is now known as NBCUniversal Ent. Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Geneon Universal Ent. Japan is now known as NBCUniversal Ent. Japan

Widgets Magazine

As of December 9, 2013, Geneon Universal Entertainment Japan has changed its name to NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan.

The logo will also be updated. It will also mention: "A Comcast Company".

Re: Geneon Universal Ent. Japan is now known as NBCUniversal Ent. Japan

I guess that finally puts an end to the possibility of Genom Entertainment...
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
      Bubblegum Crisis was produced by Youmex, a subsidiary company of Tōshiba EMI, rather than by LaserDisc Corporation / Pioneer LDC, which would later become Geneon, though.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
        Bubblegum Crisis was produced by Youmex, a subsidiary company of Tōshiba EMI, rather than by LaserDisc Corporation / Pioneer LDC, which would later become Geneon, though.
        Youmex obviously saw the future, and decided to preempt Pioneer/Geneon/Genom.

I can't remember who it was that made the joke when Pioneer USA first took on the Geneon moniker, maybe it was on one of the early ANNCasts?
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Youmex obviously saw the future, and decided to preempt Pioneer/Geneon/Genom.
          It is said that 'Geneon' is a portmanteau word which consists of 'generate' and 'eon'. I wonder whether the suits of Pioneer LDC thought about Bubblegum Crisis at that time...
          The high-rise in which there is the company's new office. It looks like a building where an evil big company is likely to build a nest in a gloomy science fiction work.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X