Widgets Magazine

The JP DVD/BD & Merchandise JPEG Orgy Thread (Show The Goodies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The JP DVD/BD & Merchandise JPEG Orgy Thread (Show The Goodies)

Here are a few more picture-worthy items I've received lately.

Ben-To Blu-ray volume 3
    - cover insert posters, disc, slipcover, art cards
    - front cover, flip side of second cover insert poster, inside of booklet

Ben-To Blu-ray volume 4
    - keepcase, slipcover, art cards, inside of booklet
    - flip side of cover insert poster
    - two bonus posters by original novel artist Kaitou Shibano
    - two bonus posters by anime character designer Katsuzou Hirata
    (in case anyone's wondering, the yardstick and T-square are there simply to keep the posters unrolled for picture-taking purposes )

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Kimi Aoi dakimakura - NSFW Images
    - happy Kimi on my office wall with friends (she's clothed on the flip side, and let's face it, that's just not as interesting)
    - happy Kimi on the bonus included telephone card
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Got in a small shipment from Amazon JP today.

The primary item is the Sakura Taisen Budokan 2 BD set. Fortunately I work from home so I was able to put it on right away while I was working. I had been having a hard time deciding if I was going to get this or not since I wasn't sure how much the Teito group would be featured and I'd heard that some other Japanese concert BDs left something to be desired video-quality-wise. I'm happy to report that the Teito group was featured quite a bit and the video-quality is satisfactorily HD. I couldn't pay a lot of attention to the show since I was supposed to be working, but it looks like they hit a good compromise of getting at least parts of all the well-known songs in and featuring all three groups. I was disappointed that some of my favorite songs were abbreviated, but that would have made the show longer, and it runs 3 hours as-is; I've got several of the older show DVDs for the full-length performances. All in all I give this a thumbs-up, especially for Sakura Taisen fans.

Since my main purchase was the Sakura Taisen BD, it brought to mind that I should give up on the last two volumes of the manga getting released in the US, so I ordered those. Plus I've been enjoying reading the Yandare Kanojo manga online, so I got the first two volumes of that too.

Comment

And post-Supanova, finally decided to take photos for Ano Natsu vol. 1, Shana III vol. 4 & Working'!! vol. 6

Group shot

More photos

Comment

Another box arrived in the mail, so here's another set of Hayate's Cell Phone Camera Pictures Of Questionable Quality!

So, despite what I posted in the April Imports thread, at the last second I opted to change my order for Kalafina's to the beginning CD single from the Type B version to the Type C version, because I wanted the Fate/Zero cover art and the Fate/Zero calendar card.

I also received Aoi Eir's Fate/Zero tribute album. You can't really see it in the picture, but the digipak is a matte finish with textured borders and silver font, and is really nice: Digipak | Poster front side | Poster back side

Ben-To volume 5 (one more volume to go!): Posters, cards, slipcover, booklet | Poster back side, booklet fold out

Sacred Seven: Shirogane no Tsubasa: Slipcover, keepcase, booklet, summary sheet | Discs, booklet inside

And my copy of the first part of the Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen OVA finally showed up: Package | Contents | Inside digipak, back cover of booklet | my film reel piece with Makoto Shishio and Yumi
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            nd my copy of the first part of the Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen OVA finally showed up: Package | Contents | Inside digipak, back cover of booklet | my film reel piece with Makoto Shishio and Yumi
            Very nice, much more nice than I thought it would be. Still hoping I can get that in the coming months.
            Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Got in Nitengo's DokiDoki Pyjama Party Figure Set through the mail-in buying application ticket campaign that was in the December 2011 issue of Dengeki Daioh's Monthly Comics.

Nitengo Shakugan no Shana III DokiDoki Pyjama Party Set

More photos

Comment

When I got back from my business trip, an adorable girl was waiting for me.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Masazumi Honda dakimakura - NSFW images

The Front! | The More-interesting Back!

Kimi's one thing, but Seijun's definitely my girl.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Have finally completed Working'!! :D with Animate's store exclusive bonus drama CD, also got in vol. 2 of Ano Natsu and LE vol. 5 of Shana III.

Group Shot

More Photos

In addition, I finally got in a whole bunch of new CDs! (mostly Fate/ZERO related though)

Link

Comment

Ben-To is finished! Another show complete!

- Slipcover, keepcase, booklet, art cards
                    - Booklet contents, mini poster
                    - Disc cover art cards - I can't actually tell if they're stickers or static clings, but I'm not going to peel one off of its backing to find out.

And Gunparade Orchestra arrived as well:

- Slipcase and keepcases front sides
                    - Slipcase and keepcases back sides

I'm also very impressed at how quickly this package traveled to me, relative to past shipments I've received from Amazon Japan from their Osaka location, as well as the fact that the cardboard box was in pristine condition despite DHL's typical efforts to utterly destroy everything they handle.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

It's time for Durarara!!

Artbox size comparison (using Fate/Zero and Shana III)

Artbox front | Artbox spine | Artbox back | Artbox top | Artbox bottom | Artbox with contents

6 Blu-ray discs and 3 CDs

Inserts pic 1 (the bottom one is only partially unfolded; it's a 9-panel single image gatefold insert linking all of the digipak artwork together)

Inserts pic 2 (flip side of the small insert and more of the 9-panel gatefold insert)

Inserts pic 3 (rest of 9-panel gatefold insert)

Inserts pic 4 (partial image of flip side of 9-panel gatefold insert)
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

That, looks absolutely amazing. Aniplex Japan has more reasons for them to shut up and take my money.
                        Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

im jelly, but one import a year is probably a limit, and Ijust got f/z. Did you buy all 3 of those together (Shana, F/Z, DRRR) or do you just keep like the plastic packaging with them?

Comment

Originally posted by SRanger View Post
                            im jelly, but one import a year is probably a limit, and Ijust got f/z. Did you buy all 3 of those together (Shana, F/Z, DRRR) or do you just keep like the plastic packaging with them?
                            My copy of Fate/Zero arrived in March, and my copy of Shana III volume 5 (with the second artbox) arrived last month. Those were just the two box sets that were close by when I was taking the pictures that also seemed useful (i.e., Fate/Zero is DVD-height and Shana III is Blu-ray-height). But yes, the plastic is still on them; I'm one of those freaks that keeps the shrinkwrap on artboxes, though Japan helps by packaging a lot of things in openable and sometimes resealable plastic bags, as Fate/Zero and Durarara!! are. Shana III's artboxes have been shrinkwrapped though, so those needed to be sliced open on the open side.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                              Originally posted by SRanger View Post
                              My copy of Fate/Zero arrived in March, and my copy of Shana III volume 5 (with the second artbox) arrived last month. Those were just the two box sets that were close by when I was taking the pictures that also seemed useful (i.e., Fate/Zero is DVD-height and Shana III is Blu-ray-height). But yes, the plastic is still on them; I'm one of those freaks that keeps the shrinkwrap on artboxes, though Japan helps by packaging a lot of things in openable and sometimes resealable plastic bags, as Fate/Zero and Durarara!! are. Shana III's artboxes have been shrinkwrapped though, so those needed to be sliced open on the open side.
                              Ah, gotcha. Yeah, more power to ya for your collectibles I'm not really one to keep the shrinkwrap though. Excellent grabs with F/Z, Shana and DRRR

Comment

I'd thought I'd post my copy of the Durarara!! BD boxset here as I just picked it up today. I got Animate's store exclusives with it as well.

Group Shot

More photos + Animate's online shop exclusive wallpaper

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X