Widgets Magazine

Waga Seishun no Arcadia (Arcadia of My Youth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Waga Seishun no Arcadia (Arcadia of My Youth)

Widgets Magazine
    Amazon Japan link

5250yen, August 9th.

Re: Waga Seishun no Arcadia (Arcadia of My Youth)

One of my favorite anime movies and heroes as well. Since Animeigo no longer has the license for it I hope that the release would include sub.
    Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
      One of my favorite anime movies and heroes as well. Since Animeigo no longer has the license for it I hope that the release would include sub.
      It would be nice, but it's probably not going to happen. It looks like it's a Toei release, and I don't think that they've ever released a disc with English subtitles in the past; it's pretty unlikely that they'd start now.

Comment

Maybe Discotek can pick this up since it seems like they have a good relationship with Toei, they'll be releasing the Harlock series later this year, and they're becoming more open to releasing Blu-rays.

Comment

Originally posted by gpn View Post
          Maybe Discotek can pick this up since it seems like they have a good relationship with Toei, they'll be releasing the Harlock series later this year, and they're becoming more open to releasing Blu-rays.

Yeah I think it makes sense for them to license it (preferably on BD too). As that its a prequel to the original Space Pirate Captain Harlock even it was released after it.
          Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Received this today and gave it a quick look. Video quality is quite good with bit of grain giving it a nice, film-like look. Also included as an extra is an HD version of the "Captain Harlock: Mystery of the Arcadia" short film that's expanded from one of the TV show episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylak View Post
              Mystery Of The Arcadia:
              Arcadia of My Youth:
              Beautiful. As if it was made on film yesterday, and not several decades ago.
              Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X